|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult GAOE||£6.40 per ticket|
|Adult Group||£5.20 per ticket|
|Adult Standard||£5.80 per ticket|
|Child GAOE||£3.20 per ticket|
|Child Group||£2.60 per ticket|
|Child Standard||£2.90 per ticket|
|Family GAOE||£16.00 per ticket|
|Family Standard||£14.50 per ticket|
Gift Aid on Entry (GAOE) tickets include a voluntary 10% donation; visitors can, however, choose to pay the standard admission prices which are displayed at the property and at www.nationaltrust.org.uk
Group Travel: Special group rate available for pre-booked groups of 15 or more. Also available for pre-booked school visits. Please contact the property for further details.
Minimum group size: 15 people
Visit length: 45 minutes
NATIONAL TRUST PROPERTY:
* Built around 1700 this is the only surviving windmill on the Island and has most of its original machinery intact on four floors which are accessed by steep steps. It was in operation throughout the Victorian period and only closed in 1913.
* Discover how the windmill once worked with a short film about milling and a sectional model of the actual windmill
* See the view that inspired JMW Turner
* Children can find the hidden millers with our free trail.
* There is a small kiosk selling hot and cold drinks, sweets, ice-creams and souvenirs.
* There are also some lovely walks across the surrounding countryside and the windmill is situated at the start of the Culver Trail
* National Trust Members - FREE
Opening times 2017
Open daily from 11 March to 29 October. 10.30am to 5pm (last admission 4.30pm)
Closes dusk if earlier
2017 Admission prices: See above
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - Bembridge Windmill welcomes school groups. For more information and to book your visit please call 01983 873945 or email email@example.com
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
If you are on your bike the Taste Round the Island Cycle Route is one of the island top way marked trails and it goes right though the centre of the village past Bembridge Windmill and close to Bembridge Fort. Follow the “Taste” way marker signs from Alverstone or Havenstreet villages for a day’s ride with a Bembridge village history cycle safari in the middle. Follow this up with a crab lunch at the Crab and lobster. Hire bikes from Tackt-isle on St Helens Duver.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/bicycle-island/taste-round-the-island-route
* Tackt-isle Cycle Hire http://www.tackt-isle.co.uk/bike-hire.html
* Crab and lobster pub- http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/accommodation/crab-and-lobster-inn-p343161
* Bus route - Island Coaster. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Village Location
- Induction Loop System
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- On street parking only
- Parking (free) - in a roadside layby (not National Trust).
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Picnic area - Picnic table provided.
- Refreshments Available
- Approx length of visit - 30 minutes
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs on leads are welcome within the grounds but unfortunately not inside the windmill itself due to limited space.
- Groups by arrangement
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
- Educational Groups
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Pre-booked educational groups welcome. Please contact the property for details.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Pre-booked groups welcome. Please contact the property for details.
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 8
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 8
From Yarmouth ferry: No 7 to Newport and change to No. 8.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good144
- Emma-Grace AGreater London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesClosed but still went to view the outside.Saturday, 10th February 2018Closed until March. Went to view the mill's exterior. Well preserved. Has some historical information and photographs. Park out on the main road, very short walk. Read full review
- kimb83London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilySmall but friendlyTuesday, 21st November 2017This is a small site, just the windmill and the view, so don't plan to spend all day here. We visited in the late afternoon and were pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. The staff were all so... Read full review
- douglasroberts4Fareham, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyYet another trip to the millFriday, 10th November 2017I have been up the windmill several times,but now unfortunately I can not climb to the top. Nether the less l enjoyed sitting in the grounds while the family went up. A member of the N T was on hand... Read full review
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Silver 2008
|Open (10 Mar 2018 - 28 Oct 2018)|
* Last admission 16:30. Closes dusk if earlier.Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change