|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult GAOE||£6.50 per ticket|
|Adult Group||£5.20 per ticket|
|Adult Standard||£5.90 per ticket|
|Child GAOE||£3.25 per ticket|
|Child Group||£2.60 per ticket|
|Child Standard||£2.95 per ticket|
|Family GAOE||£16.25 per ticket|
|Family Standard||£14.75 per ticket|
Gift Aid on Entry (GAOE) tickets include a voluntary 10% donation; visitors can, however, choose to pay the standard admission prices which are displayed at the property and at www.nationaltrust.org.uk
Group Travel: Special group rate available for pre-booked groups of 15 or more. Also available for pre-booked school visits. Please contact the property for further details.
Minimum group size: 15 people
Visit length: 45 minutes
Please note there is no longer a requirement to pre-book a vist, but as numbers within the windmill are limited there may be a waiting time before a visit. Please visit the website for more information: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/bembridge-windmill
NATIONAL TRUST PROPERTY:
* Built around 1700 this is the only surviving windmill on the Island and has most of its original machinery intact on four floors which are accessed by steep steps. It was in operation throughout the Victorian period and only closed in 1913.
* Discover how the windmill once worked with a short film about milling and a sectional model of the actual windmill
* See the view that inspired JMW Turner
* Children can find the hidden millers with our free trail.
* There is a small kiosk selling hot and cold drinks, sweets, ice-creams and souvenirs.
* There are also some lovely walks across the surrounding countryside and the windmill is situated at the start of the Culver Trail
* National Trust Members - FREE
Admission prices: See above
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - Bembridge Windmill welcomes school groups. For more information and to book your visit please call 01983 873945 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
If you are on your bike the Taste Round the Island Cycle Route is one of the island top way marked trails and it goes right though the centre of the village past Bembridge Windmill and close to Bembridge Fort. Follow the “Taste” way marker signs from Alverstone or Havenstreet villages for a day’s ride with a Bembridge village history cycle safari in the middle. Follow this up with a crab lunch at the Crab and lobster. Hire bikes from Tackt-isle on St Helens Duver.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/bicycle-island/taste-round-the-island-route
* Tackt-isle Cycle Hire http://www.tackt-isle.co.uk/bike-hire.html
* Crab and lobster pub- http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/accommodation/crab-and-lobster-inn-p343161
* Bus route - Island Coaster. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Induction Loop System
- Picnic area - Picnic table provided.
- Refreshments Available
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs on leads are welcome within the grounds but unfortunately not inside the windmill itself due to limited space.
- Groups by arrangement
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- On street parking only
- Parking (free) - in a roadside layby (not National Trust).
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Approx length of visit - 30 minutes
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Village Location
- Educational Groups
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Pre-booked educational groups welcome. Please contact the property for details.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Pre-booked groups welcome. Please contact the property for details.
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Silver 2008
|Open (18 May 2021 - 3 Oct 2021)|
* 2022 - open from Easter holidays - date to be confirmed.
Please visit National Trust website for more information - http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/isleofwight