|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|4D Cinema||£4.00 per ticket|
|Alum Bay Glass Demonstration||£2.00 per ticket|
|Chairlift One Way||£3.00 per ticket|
|Chairlift Return||£6.00 per ticket|
|Chairlift Unlimited Travel Wrist Band||£9.00 per ticket|
|Games Kiosk - Per Game||£2.00 per ticket|
|Jurassic Adventure Golf||£4.00 per ticket|
|Sweet Factory Demonstration||£2.00 per ticket|
|Water Walkerz||£4.00 per ticket|
Vintage Cars, Carousel & Tea Cup Ride - Tokens and Cash Accepted.
As soon as you think of the Isle of Wight the iconic image of the world famous chairlift taking you to see the needles rocks and coloured sands spring to mind. The Islands most famous landmark attraction has so much more to enjoy than the stunning views, it is a destination not to be missed.
The range of attractions includes the spectacular chairlift ride to the beach and the sand cliffs. At the sand shop visitors can make there own unique coloured sand souvenir.
4D Cinema - Imagine being drawn into an exciting world where everything you see is in 3D… everything you hear is in powerful cinema surround sound, with the added fun of feeling the action too! With 4D cinema you don’t just watch the movie you feel like you are right there in the middle of it.
Alum Bay Glass is educational as well as fun. Visitors can watch the fascinating art of glass blowing and see craftsmen make a variety of crafted glassware.
At the IW Sweet manufactory watch our skilled sweet makers create sweets that you will not find anywhere else, a sample of the sweets is compulsory!
There is a variety of children’s attractions including a traditional Victorian carousel, Spins and Needles Tea Cup ride and not to mention the Games Kiosk which includes tin can alley and hook a duck. You even win a prize every time!
The Spin Cycle and Water Walkerz are great favourites too, not forgetting The Vintage Cars that allows the younger visitors to drive their own car!
Our prehistoric adventure Jurassic Golf features a 9 hole course with some 3 and 4 par holes all beautifully set off by imaginative water features and story boards depicting 9 different dinosaur species.
The Needles Landmark Attraction has great shops including The Pier Head Shopping Emporium where you can find an interesting range of souvenirs to suit all budgets and tastes.
The Needles Landmark Attraction has full catering facilities including a fully licensed tearoom and kiosks serving fresh coffee, ice cream and more.
MARCONI'S LICENSED TEA ROOMS:
With a warm welcome awaiting you in the newly refurbished and fully licenced tea rooms, named after the great man himself, take time out from your adventures at The Needles Landmark Attraction to enjoy a refreshing cup of tea or speciality coffee, a range of sinful cakes and pastries and an extensive selection of soft drinks, cold beers and alcoholic beverages.
See our website for exciting events throughout the year and find us on facebook - The Needles: Landmark Attraction
The Needles Landmark Attraction is not just fun for students but educational too, with many of the attractions on site meeting certain key stage criteria. For more information visit http://www.theneedles.co.uk/school-visits.php
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction - Smoking permitted outside
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Own car park (Fee Applies) - Fee - £5
- 9 hole golf course
- Catering for groups
- Full liquor licence
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Refreshments Available
- Take away food
- Vegetarians catered for
- Vending Facilities
- All weather attraction
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Licensed for alcohol
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Educational Groups
- Information Point
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, follow signposts.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, follow signposts.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 towards Totland, follow signposts.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to 7 Alum Bay
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 to Newport and change to No. 7 to Alum Bay
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Alum Bay.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Needles Park Pt 1
- Needles Park Pt 2
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1009
- leasowesKidderminster, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExpensive but OKWednesday, 20th June 2018Visited June 19th the car Park is very bumpy and rough although it was free as we were on a motorcycle, the place was full of about 5 different school trips but everything needs to be paid for... Read full review
- laura lRayleigh, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBeauty spot if clear - geared toward childrenWednesday, 20th June 2018The drive here is great - allowed my husband to employ his driving skills Misty so needles could not be seen but never the less a great view Good selection of shops - tea room served good... Read full review
- jenr953Somerset, United KingdomTrip Type:Solo travelVery disappointingWednesday, 20th June 2018Visited with my father who relies on a mobility scooter to get around. The car park surface was appalling, both to walk and ride on. No obvious accessible parking areas. No viewing point that we... Read full review
|Opening (2 Jan 2018 - 24 Dec 2018)|
* Open from 10:00am 7 days per week, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day (closing times vary during the year).