Winter special - £7 entry (valid from 1st November 2018 - 31st January 2019).
Great group deals for parties of 10 & more - just get in touch before you visit.
Swing on by to Monkey Haven – the happiest attraction in town! You’ll meet all kinds of wonderful creatures at this popular animal sanctuary, including the singing Lar Gibbons, cheeky Meerkats, slithering snakes and the cutest owls.
The primate rescue centre, just outside Newport, makes animals happy – and people happy. We’re in TripAdvisor’s Hall of Fame, plus we were the Best Small Attraction in England according to the tourism chiefs at VisitEngland. Check out the Haven’s funky new video (below).
There are Keeper Talks and animal Feeds throughout the day, where you can find out all about our awesome animals and how they came to be there.
There’s so much to see and do including…
• Download our FREE awesome App. Follow trails, collect virtual bananas, get sneaky behind the scenes, and take silly selfies! Check it out to plan your visit – or download it at the park where there’s free Wifi.
• Meet new rescued animals, including Djimmy, Buna …and their squeaky toy pig!
• Have a hoot with the owls’ - Meet Ketch, Beau and adorable baby Barn owls, Wisp and Casper, at the daily owl talks.
• Get up close to a snake at ‘Reptile Rendezvous’ – they’re much softer and more playful than you might expect!
• FREE booklet of monkey puzzles for kids including a tiny treat trail.
• Two great play areas for children (under 5’s and over 5’s).
This Winter we are offering a special price of just £7 per person. So pop along and say hello, we would love to see you. Our tea room and gift shop are free entry so if you’re looking for some quirky Christmas gifts, please swing by or visit our online shop: https://www.monkeyhaven.org/shop/
Cool Christmas Presents:
* Annual membership - 20% off for Christmas.
* Animal adoptions - From £10.
* Gift bundles.
* Keeper for the day experience.
* Stocking fillers.
* Handmade wooden crafts.
Buy the Christmas gifts online at: https://www.monkeyhaven.org/shop/
Our mission is to provide a happy Haven for rescued animals. Many of the animals we care for have been rescued from the cruel pet trade and are very rare. Monkey Haven is a registered charity and all proceeds from your visit will go towards caring for the adorable animals that you’ll meet and help us rescue even more creatures in crisis. Recent rescues include Djimmy and Buna, the Cherry-crowned Mangabeys …and their squeaky toy pig! They’re causing quite a sensation as Djimmy loves to cuddle his pigs, and naughty Buna loves to destroy them! So we get through quite a few!
Special events are held for the animals’ birthdays and all visitors are invited to join the Keepers in a singsong, present opening and piece of cake. See Facebook or monkeyhaven.org for details.
There are two great play areas for children and free kids activity booklets including a tiny treat trail! Our top tip would be to download the fun, free App to plan your visit, follow a banana trail, see behind the scenes and take silly selfies.
Facilities also include a lovely tea room, a great gift shop, free Wifi, pushchair friendly paths, full disabled access, free parking – and all tickets are valid for a free return within a week.
So go and hang out, have fun, and monkey around!
* Visit monkeyhaven.org
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Cafe - Tea Room
- Catering for groups
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Refreshments Available
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children’s packs - Activity booklets and trails for children
- Children's Meals - Children’s picnic box.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area - for the under 5's and 'Funky Monkey' Adventure Play area for 6-14
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours - Yes at various intervals throughout the day.
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- On site parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free)
- Secure cycle parking
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Keeper talks at various intervals throughout the day.
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport. From the A3054 to Ryde turn right onto Park Road and follow until you reach a mini roundabout. Take the third exit onto Whiterails road, follow past Butterfly world and we are situated 800 yards on the right hand side. From Coppins bridge in Newport, take the Ryde road via Wootton and turn immediately right at the top of the traffic lights onto Staplers road. Follow Staplers road for about 1.5 mile and we are situated on the left hand side just past the Lavender farm.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, as above.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport. Turn right out of the ferry terminal, at the lights turn right signposted Wootton/Newport. Follow the main road up through Wootton and at the top of Wootton High Street turn left at the traffic lights by the Cedars pub. Follow Station road until you reach the mini roundabout and continue over onto Whiterails road which merges into Staplers road. We are situated on the right hand side 800 yards past Butterfly world.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
For further information please visit the Southern Vectis travel office at Ryde, bottom of pier or the Tourist Information Centre at West Cowes, opposite ferry terminal entrance and at Yarmouth, left of terminal.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good303
- karen rDagenham, United KingdomI love monkeys!!Wednesday, 16th January 2019Only a small place but we were there over 2 hours and our kids are hard to entertain teens!! If you have smaller kids I would imagine you could spend half the day here. Reasonably priced and good... Read full review
- nancyt874Clanfield, United KingdomFascinating!Wednesday, 16th January 2019The excellent reviews are well deserved. A wonderful monkey and owl sanctuary run by enthusiastic and knowledgeable people. The talks on monkeys, owls and meerkats were fascinating. The place is... Read full review
- mredfern1887Isle of Wight, United KingdomTrip Type:Couplesamazing visitSunday, 20th January 2019poped in today when passing as islander paid just £7 each for 2 adults got there just before 12 so was able to have a talk from the keepers on the owls the meercats and the monkeys every 45 mins very... Read full review
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Quality Assured Visitor Attraction VB Attraction
- Visit England Awards - Small Visitor Attraction of the Year - Gold 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Visit England Awards - Visit England Gold Accolade 2017
- Visit England Awards - Gold Accolade 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous - 2016/17 Beautiful South Awards for Excellence Gold 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor Hall of Fame - 2015 2017
|Winter Opening (1 Nov 2018 - 29 Mar 2019)|
|Open (30 Mar 2019 - 4 Nov 2019)|
* Open from 10 7 days a week
Closes at 5pm in the summer 3pm all other times.
Last entry one hour before closing
Please see www.monkeyhaven.org for details and for Christmas opening times.