Monkey Haven is a Gold award-winning attraction that makes animals happy... and people happy. Come and see us at our rescue centre and sanctuary just outside Newport. You'll meet our wonderful family including whooping gibbons, mischievous monkeys, amazing owls, incredible reptiles and the naughtiest meerkats ever! There are keeper talks and animal feeds throughout the day, where you can find out all about our awesome animals and how they came to be here. You can even get up close and personal with some of the reptiles and hand-reared owls who make appearances at the daily bird talks.
We're the Island's Number 1 attraction, according to TripAdvisor, and 2016 is a very special time for us, as it's the Chinese Year of the Monkey. We're celebrating by giving away a new Monkey Puzzles booklet for children, which takes visitors on a fortune cookie trail around the Haven!
Gold Award Winners - Small Visitor Attraction 2014-2015
Gold Accolade - VisitEngland Gold Accolade 2014
TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2014 & 2015
Registered charity 1153254.
New for 2016
Four gorgeous Grivets joined us at Easter. The Grivets, also known as African Green Monkeys, are being given a permanent home thanks to a recent fundraising campaign. The 'groovy Grivets' with their white tufty sideburns, have been brought over from Spain, after a traumatic start in life as victims of the illegal pet trade.
If you love meerkats, then swing by and say hello to baby Savannah, who recently joined our mob of mischief-makers. And don't forget Milo - the baby white-throated capuchin, born at the Haven last October. He's just the cutest monkey ever!
Want a memory you'll never forget? Why no pre-arrange a marmoset encounter before your visit? These exclusive experiences take you inside the marmosets' enclosure where you will be able to feed and interact with these inquisitive South American monkeys - see website for details.
Tea room, gift shop, play areas, keeper talks, and free return for seven days... swing by and see us soon.
Easter - 30 September 2016: 10:00-17:00, last entry 16:00
1 October - 31 October 2016: 10:00-16:00, last entry 15:00
- In countryside
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children’s packs - Activity booklets
- Children's Meals - Children’s picnic box.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area - for the under 5's and 'Funky Monkey' Adventure Play area for 6-14
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- On site parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free)
- Secure cycle parking
- Catering for groups
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Refreshments Available
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours - Yes at various intervals throughout the day.
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given - Keeper talks at various intervals throughout the day.
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Packed lunches available
Map & Directions
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good231
- phizzylizzyTrip Type:Couplesday tripSunday, 26th February 2017on a arrival quite shocked at the prices but soon discovered why the money is well spent all animals extremely well fed and cared for so clean .had a really lovely visit and will go again. Read full review
- 19Ross85London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWell Looked AfterFriday, 24th February 2017My son loved the park, so do I. The animals are well looked after. There a lot of monkeys and the kids love them. We have enjoyed every minute spent there. Would definitely recommend. Read full review
- Jon BTrip Type:FamilyGreat attractionThursday, 23rd February 2017Loved this place. Really well presented and laid out. It's nice that it is basically a rescue centre for the various animals. I liked the amount of information displayed about all the animals. It was... Read full review
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Quality Assured Visitor Attraction VB Attraction
- Tourism South East Award - Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Gold Award 2011
- Tourism South East Award - 2011/12 Small Visitor Attraction of the Year Gold Award 2011
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2014
- Visit England Awards - Gold Accolade 2016
|Opening (24 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
* 24th March - 30th Sept, 10am - 5pm (last entry 4pm)
1st - 31st Oct, 10am - 4pm (last entry 3pm)