|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£32.00 per ticket|
Ticket prices are as follows for a two hour tree climbing experience.
1 or 2 climbers - £32.00 each
3 climbers - £30 each
4 climbers - £29.50 each
5 climbers - 29.00 each
6 to 8 climbers - £28.50 each.
To guarantee a climb, please do book in advance.
Enjoy a canopy experience like no other with Goodleaf Tree Climbing
Our popular two hour experiences are the perfect introduction to the magical thrill of tree climbing. They’re fantastic fun and give you a great sense of achievement. We’re different to wall climbing or high ropes and we offer a memorable adventure perfect for sharing with family and friends.
Goodleaf is based in Appley Park in Ryde and just a two minute walk from the sandy beach of Appley. Our qualified and experienced instructors will teach you the ropes (and the knots!), to enable you to take to the canopy of our stunning mature oak tree. We climb in one tree for the session and you’ll learn a different climbing technique to wall or rock climbing.
We provide the latest safety equipment including harness and helmet, and as you ascend through the branches, you’ll enjoy a view of the world from an entirely new perspective.
Once at the top enjoy a squirrel’s eye view, swing around or simply unwind in one of our special canopy hammocks.
Goodleaf are the UK’s original tree climbing company; we started way back in 2005 and we’ve guided thousands of people into the canopy. Our tree climbing experience take place in small groups. As long as you’re safe we’re very relaxed and there’s no pressure to climb – we just want you to have a fantastic time. We provide tea, coffee and orange squash as well as our popular (and famous on Trip Advisor!) Tree Climber’s Flapjack for our tree climbers.
Don’t forget we offer a 5% discount if you travel to us on foot, by bike or by bus or train.
ESSENTIAL RECREATIONAL TREE CLIMBING
Our three day course is for those who want to take their recreational tree climbing further. Find out more and book on our website here.
FAMILY BUSHCRAFT ADVENTURES
In the school holidays we run bushcraft adventures at Ninham Farm – read more about them here.
We do branch out to other trees from time to time – sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date.
Why not try an adventurous learning experience for your class? We welcome school parties and scout groups and have excellent group rates. Click here for more information and rates.
- Disabled Parking - There are disabled bays in Appley Park Car Park
- Disabled persons toilet - Public toilet nearby
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - Reasonably – we are in a level field, you can drive up to the tree.
- Text Message Facility
- Wheelchair user accessible - Please note that you can push a wheelchair over the park (and people have done this) but the ground is grassy and bumpy.
- Groups Accepted
- Picnic area - The park and beach are perfect for picnics.
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available - We provide tea, coffee, orange squash and homemade flapjack for our tree climbers.
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Aged 8 & over.
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Dogs Accepted - Must be well behaved and kept on a lead. Other climbers must also be comfortable with dogs.
- Dogs welcome - Well behaved dogs that don't upset other climbers are welcome. Climbing takes place in a public park.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Stag and hen parties welcome
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Toilets - There are public toilets in Appley Park. They are about a 5 minute walk from the tree.
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - This is a 10 min walk away from the tree - we will give directions.
- Green Transport - We offer a 5% discount for climbers who leave their car at home.
- Own car park (Fee Applies)
- Parking (charge) - There are Isle of Wight Council car parks in Appley Park and Puckpool Park. Both have meters.
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking - Nearby
- Booking essential
- Groups Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Outdoor Attraction
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Appley Park, Ryde, Isle of Wight PO33 1ND
Public Transport Directions
It's really easy to get to us!
There is a large car park in Appley Park.
We are just 20 minutes flat walk away from Ryde Bus Station, Hovercraft Terminal and Ryde Esplanade Train Station.
We offer a 5% discount if you come by public transport, foot or bike.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good6
- Paul FAdelaide, AustraliaTrip Type:Friends getawayBrilliant experienceSunday, 30th September 2018Matt and Paul let a great course - teaching all of us to climb the huge oak tree in Ryde. Their safety briefing was interactive and involved one of the visitors taking notes to help us feel we owned... Read full review
- Jonathan GTrip Type:FamilyWhat a fantastic morningSaturday, 27th October 2018Booked a session here for the older two of my three children, didn't really know what to expect. My youngest had been desperate to not be left out, but didn't make the age requirements. We met... Read full review
- ClissoldparklifeLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyReally great experience!Monday, 29th October 2018Thanks for a great morning - really fun, excellent instructors and my daughter absolutely loved it - great holiday memory! Read full review
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
- Tourism South East Award - 12 /13 Highly Commended - Beautiful South Awards for Excellence 2012
|Closed (2 Nov 2018 - 28 Mar 2019)|
|Opening (29 Mar 2019 - 2 Nov 2019)|
* Weather dependent.