|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||from £28.50 to £32.00 per ticket|
Ticket prices are as follows for a two hour tree climbing experience.
1 or 2 climbers - £32.00 each
3 climbers - £30 each
4 climbers - £29.50 each
5 climbers - 29.00 each
6 to 8 climbers - £28.50 each.
To guarantee a climb, please do book in advance.
Enjoy a canopy experience like no other with Goodleaf Tree Climbing
Our popular two hour tree climbing experiences are the perfect introduction to the magical thrill of tree climbing. They’re fantastic fun and give you a great sense of achievement and boost to self confidence. We climb in one tree and we’re different to wall climbing or high ropes - a tree climbing experience is perfect for sharing with friends and family.
The two hour experience takes place with small groups of climbers - there's no pressure to climb high or even reach the top of the tree; you might just enjoy the unusual experience of sitting on a branch and taking in your surroundings. We provide qualified and experienced instructors who will teach you the ropes (and the knots!), to enable you to take to the canopy of our stunning mature oak tree. We provide the latest safety equipment including harness and helmet. We even have a special canopy hammock for you to relax in as you go up.
We think tree climbing with Goodleaf is great because:
It's tech free time for adults and kids
You're out in nature, which has amazing physical and mental health benefits
Our tree climbers often achieve way more than they expected - tree climbing is a great self confidence boost
Our lovely staff are on hand supporting and ecouraging you throughout your climb
We provide refreshements as part of the two hour experience including 'The World's Best Flapjack', according to a Trip Advisor review!
Goodleaf is based in Appley Park in Ryde and just a two minute walk from the sandy beach of Appley. There are lovely places to eat near by or you can bring a picnic to enjoy in the park or on the beach. There's a pay and display car park in the park, but don’t forget we offer a 5% discount if you travel to us on foot, bike, bus or train.
AUTISM FRIENDLY FRIDAYS
What it says really! Special climbs for people on the autistic spectrum on Fridays in the school holidays. Find out more here.
ESSENTIAL RECREATIONAL TREE CLIMBING
Our three day course is for those who want to take their recreational tree climbing further. Find out more and book on our website here.
GOODLEAF WOODLAND ADVENTURES
Join us for some family woodland adventures in a peaceful copse near Shanklin - perfect downtime together. Limited dates during school holidays. Read more here.
We do branch out to other trees from time to time – sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date.
Why not try an adventurous learning experience for your class? We welcome school parties and scout groups and have excellent group rates. Click here for more information and rates.
- Disabled Parking - There are disabled bays in Appley Park Car Park
- Disabled persons toilet - Public toilet nearby
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - Reasonably – we are in a level field, you can drive up to the tree.
- Text Message Facility
- Wheelchair user accessible - Please note that you can push a wheelchair over the park (and people have done this) but the ground is grassy and bumpy.
- Groups Accepted
- Picnic area - The park and beach are perfect for picnics.
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available - We provide tea, coffee, orange squash and homemade flapjack for our tree climbers.
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Aged 8 & over.
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Dogs Accepted - Must be well behaved and kept on a lead. Other climbers must also be comfortable with dogs.
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome - Well behaved dogs that don't upset other climbers are welcome. Climbing takes place in a public park.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- LGBT Friendly
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Stag and hen parties welcome
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Toilets - There are public toilets in Appley Park. They are about a 5 minute walk from the tree.
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - This is a 10 min walk away from the tree - we will give directions.
- Green Transport - We offer a 5% discount for climbers who leave their car at home.
- Own car park (Fee Applies)
- Parking (charge) - There are Isle of Wight Council car parks in Appley Park and Puckpool Park. Both have meters.
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking - Nearby
- Booking essential
- Groups Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Outdoor Attraction
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Appley Park, Ryde, Isle of Wight PO33 1ND
Public Transport Directions
It's really easy to get to us!
There is a large car park in Appley Park.
We are just 20 minutes flat walk away from Ryde Bus Station, Hovercraft Terminal and Ryde Esplanade Train Station.
We offer a 5% discount if you come by public transport, foot or bike.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good6
- ClissoldparklifeLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyReally great experience!Monday, 29th October 2018Thanks for a great morning - really fun, excellent instructors and my daughter absolutely loved it - great holiday memory! Read full review
- Get2galenTrip Type:FamilyFabulous fun, excellent value!Thursday, 18th April 2019Cannot rate this highly enough. Paul and Matt made our experience so much fun. It's so simple climbing a tree but it's also way more rewarding than you would think. The instruction provided was... Read full review
- Fiona MWeston super Mare, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBRILLIANT 🌳Thursday, 18th April 2019BRILLIANT 2 hours. Our 8 year old absolutely loved it. Great instructor easy to understand and well structured. Will definitely book again. Fantastic. 😊🌳 Read full review
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
- Tourism South East Award - 12 /13 Highly Commended - Beautiful South Awards for Excellence 2012
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Opening (29 Mar 2019 - 2 Nov 2019)|
|Closed (3 Nov 2019 - 28 Mar 2020)|
* Tree climbing is weather dependent, but we do provide a shelter if we think we're going to need it!