|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£33.00 per ticket|
2021 Ticket prices are as follows for a two hour tree climbing experience.
1 or 2 climbers - £33.00 each
3 or 4 climbers - £31.00 each
5 or 6 climbers - £29.00 each
7 or 8 climbers - £28.00 each.
Private climb for 6 people - £200 per booking
To guarantee a climb, please do book in advance.
Book online now.
Our popular two hour tree climbing experiences are the perfect introduction to the magical thrill of tree climbing. The experience takes place with small groups of climbers. There's no pressure to climb high or even reach the top of the tree; you might just enjoy the unusual experience of sitting on a branch and taking in your surroundings. We provide qualified and experienced instructors who will teach you the ropes (and the knots!), to enable you to take to the canopy of our stunning mature oak tree. We provide the latest safety equipment including harness and helmet.
Please read about the updates we have made to our experience because of Covid-19.
We think tree climbing with Goodleaf is great because:
- It's tech free time for adults and kids.
- You absorb amazing physical and mental health benefits just by being out in nature, let alone getting this close to it.
- Our tree climbers often achieve way more than they expected - tree climbing is a great self confidence boost.
- Our lovely staff are on hand supporting and ecouraging you throughout your climb.
- We provide what one Trip Advisor review called 'The World's Best Flapjack' as part of the 2 hour experience!
Goodleaf is based in Appley Park in Ryde and just a two minute walk from the sandy beach of Appley. There are lovely places to eat near by or you can bring a picnic to enjoy in the park or on the beach. There's a pay and display car park nearby, but don’t forget we offer a 5% discount if you travel to us on foot, bike, bus or train.
ESSENTIAL RECREATIONAL TREE CLIMBING
Our intensive three day recreational tree climbing course is for those who want to take their recreational tree climbing further.
We do branch out to other trees from time to time. Our e-newsletter sign up is the best place to keep up to date.
SCHOOL AND YOUTH GROUPS
Why not try an adventurous learning experience for your class? We welcome school parties and scout groups and have excellent group rates.
- Disabled Parking - There are disabled bays in Appley Park Car Park
- Disabled persons toilet - Public toilet nearby
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - Reasonably – we are in a level field, you can drive up to the tree.
- Text Message Facility
- Wheelchair user accessible - Please note that you can push a wheelchair over the park (and people have done this) but the ground is grassy and bumpy.
- Groups Accepted
- Picnic area - The park and beach are perfect for picnics.
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available - We provide tea, coffee, orange squash and homemade flapjack for our tree climbers.
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Aged 8 & over.
- 1m distancing in place
- 2m distancing in place - Climber safety. On occasion Goodleaf staff will get closer than 2 m. This will be: 1. When we clip climbers into their gear 2. Possibly when climbers are putting on their gear 3. When adjusting a harness when a climber first starts climbing 4. Any other issue where the safety of a climber necessitates it
- Advance booking essential
- Capacity limit
- Contactless payment only
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Time limited visits
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Dogs Accepted - Must be well behaved and kept on a lead. Other climbers must also be comfortable with dogs.
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome - Well behaved dogs that don't upset other climbers are welcome. Climbing takes place in a public park.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- LGBT Friendly
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Stag and hen parties welcome
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Toilets - There are public toilets in Appley Park. They are about a 5 minute walk from the tree.
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - This is a 10 min walk away from the tree - we will give directions.
- Green Transport - We offer a 5% discount for climbers who leave their car at home.
- Own car park (Fee Applies)
- Parking (charge) - There are Isle of Wight Council car parks in Appley Park and Puckpool Park. Both have meters.
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking - Nearby
- Booking essential
- Groups Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Open by appointment outside normal opening times
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Outdoor Attraction
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Appley Park, Ryde, Isle of Wight PO33 1ND
Public Transport Directions
It's simple to get to Goodleaf Tree Climbing.
There's a large pay and display car park in nearby Puckpool Park. Once you've parked it's about a 10 minute walk to get to Goodleaf.
We are committed to sustainability. We offer a 5% discount if you come by public transport, foot or bike. Use code 'nocar' when you book online.
Our tree is just a 20 - 25 minute flat walk away from Ryde Bus Station, Hovercraft Terminal and Ryde Esplanade Train Station. There are bus stops closer - just ask for information.
- Directions to Goodleaf Video
- School Residential Activity Video
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good8
- Jojobowbow2Trip Type:FamilyGreat couple of hoursWednesday, 25th August 2021A really unique couple of hours. Fun, challenging but great sense of wellbeing for adults, teens and kids Read full review
- AndyO889Manchester, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyWonderful and slightly unusual activity that my son and I really enjoyedThursday, 26th August 2021Wonderful and slightly unusual activity that my nine year old son and I really enjoyed, all the children taking part seemed to have a great time! Nearby cafe was handy for parents too and great... Read full review
- C CWest Sussex, United KingdomGreat fun for familiesSunday, 5th September 2021A wonderful way to spend a couple of hours - climbing at your own pace, own ability - and enjoying the peace and quiet - and red squirrels. Our instructor was excellent - supportive, encouraging and... Read full review
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
- Tourism South East Award - 12 /13 Highly Commended - Beautiful South Awards for Excellence 2012
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open (12 Apr 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
|Open (1 Apr 2022 - 31 Oct 2022)|
* Tree climbing is weather dependent.