|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||from £28.50 to £32.00 per ticket|
Ticket prices are as follows for a two hour tree climbing experience.
1 or 2 climbers - £32.00 each
3 climbers - £30 each
4 climbers - £29.50 each
5 climbers - 29.00 each
6 to 8 climbers - £28.50 each.
To guarantee a climb, please do book in advance.
Take a trip up a tree with Goodleaf Tree Climbing and enjoy a canopy experience like no other!
Our popular two hour experiences are the perfect introduction to the magical thrill of tree climbing. They’re fantastic fun and give you a great sense of achievement; we offer a memorable adventure you’ll definitely want to share with family and friends.
We’re based in historic Appley Park in Ryde. Our qualified and experienced instructors will teach you the ropes (and the knots!), to enable you to take to the canopy of our stunning mature oak tree (it’s about 21 metres tall). You’ll be wearing the latest safety equipment including harness and helmet, and as you ascend through the branches, you’ll enjoy a view of the world from an entirely new perspective.
Once at the top enjoy a squirrel’s eye view of the seaside below, swing around at 40ft or simply unwind in one of our special canopy hammocks.
Goodleaf are the UK’s original tree climbing company; we started way back in 2005 and in the last 10 years, we’ve guided thousands of people into the canopy.
Our lead instructor Paul is from New Zealand and we try to bring a relaxed, Antipodean feel to our experience. As long as you’re safe we’re very relaxed and there’s no pressure to climb – we just want you to have a fantastic time.
We provide tea, coffee and orange squash as well as our popular (and famous on Trip Advisor!) Tree Climber’s Flapjack.
*If you can’t get enough tree climbing, see our website for the only three day tree climbing course this side of the Atlantic Ocean*
Why not try an adventurous learning experience for your class? Goodleaf Tree Climbing accepts school parties and offers a unique activity. For more information and rates please contact Goodleaf Tree Climbing.
- Outdoor Attraction
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet - Public toilet nearby
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - Reasonably – we are in a level field, you can drive up to the tree.
- Text Message Facility
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Aged 8 & over.
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - This is a 10 min walk away from the tree - we will give directions.
- Free parking
- Green Transport
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free)
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking - Nearby
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available
- Booking essential
- Groups Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Dogs welcome - Well behaved dogs that don't upset other climbers are welcome. Climbing takes place in a public park.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Stag and hen parties welcome
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Families
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Appley Park, Ryde, Isle of Wight PO33 1ND
Public Transport Directions
It's really easy to get to us!
There is a large car park in Appley Park.
We are just 20 minutes flat walk away from Ryde Bus Station, Hovercraft Terminal and Ryde Esplanade Train Station.
We offer a 5% discount if you come by public transport, foot or bike.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good5
- Selma MTrip Type:FamilyBrilliant ActivityThursday, 31st May 2018Our children had a brilliant time on this activity and haven’t stopped taking about it- a perfect thing for them to do. The instructors are perfect for the job - very calm and relaxed whilst being... Read full review
- annhawk17London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAmazing experience!Tuesday, 29th May 2018Wonderful adventure in a beautiful park and a fantastic 300 year old tree. Took my 8 year old son, who was a little nervous but Matt was super with him and guided him all the way to a silver medal... Read full review
- Mark FTrip Type:FamilyGreat family activityWednesday, 2nd May 2018Took my granddaughter at the weekend, for her (9th) birthday present. She was a little apprehensive when we arrived but Matt, our instructor, put her completely at ease before the climb. She ended up... Read full review
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
- Tourism South East Award - 12 /13 Highly Commended - Beautiful South Awards for Excellence 2012
|Opening (29 Mar 2018 - 2 Nov 2018)|
|Closed (2 Nov 2018 - 28 Mar 2019)|
* Weather dependent.