|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£6.00 per ticket|
|Child Ticket||£4.00 per ticket|
|RIB per Family (2ad+2ch)||£40.00 per ticket|
|RIB per person||£11.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
We offer two types of trip, firstly the traditional cruise to the Needles Rocks and Lighthouse, departing from the beach at Alum Bay on a circular route around the bay, taking in the views of the coloured sands of Alum Bay, passing under the dramatic chalk cliffs towards the Needles Rocks and Lighthouse. The return leg sweeps out across the bay to view the Needles Channel and the military forts protecting the area. This trip typically lasts at 20-25 minutes. Adults: £6.00 Children: £4.00. No age restrictions. Maximum capacity 94 people with live commentary throughout.
The second trip encompasses all the sights of the traditional cruise, but is aboard either of our fast Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) Summer Rose or Skye Rose and is a 15 minute trip, taking you a little further into Scratchells Bay for that perfect photo opportunity on the south side of the lighthouse. From here you're able to see the coastline all the way down to St Catherines point at the southern most tip of the Isle of Wight. Cost £11 per person or family ticket of 2 adults & 2 Children at £40. Minimum age / height restrictions, dependant on the weather, do apply for this particular trip. Maximum capacity for this trip 12 people, operating mid and peak season only.
We also cater for educational visits, providing a commentary suited to all or any topic relavent to the schools itinary, whether it's the Lighthouse, the geographical rock formations, the history of the forts, bird life, the orgin of the coloured sands, or just to enjoy the trip? Special discounted school rates apply.
For more information call 01983 761587 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open 10.30 daily, 7 days a week, from 1st April to 1st Nov 2018, weather dependant.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms - On slow cruise boat only
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Dogs Accepted - Dogs accepted on slow cruise only
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- On site parking - Parking facilities available at The Needles Park
- On site parking close by
- Parking (charge) - Parking facilities available at The Needles Park
- MasterCard accepted
- Max group size - Max size for slow cruises 87 people. Max size for fast cruise 12 people
- Visa accepted
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Educational Groups - See website for details
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Prior booking preferred
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, turn right onto A3055, turn left onto The Broadway
(B3322), follow this road onto Alum Bay New Road to Alum Bay.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, turn right onto A3055, turn left onto The Broadway (B3322), follow this road onto Alum Bay New Road to Alum Bay.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 towards Totland, follow A3054 onto The Broadway (B3322) and follow this road onto Alum Bay New Road to Alum Bay.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No 1 bus route to Newport and change to No 7 to Totland.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport and change to No 7 to Totland.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Totland.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Needles Pleasure Cruises
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good55
- VivendaLuizaTrip Type:FamilyJust do it!Saturday, 7th September 2019Visited with friend and his youngest and mine and despite him paying (£40 for 2 adults & 2 children) worth every penny! Really great staff who explained it all before setting off and then give you a... Read full review
- ruthp566Stevenage, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesBoat tripMonday, 9th September 2019A lovely way to view the needles and light house nice friendly knowledgeable staff and a lovely little trip Read full review
- Pgp111Ryde, United KingdomQuite simply amazing.Saturday, 14th September 2019Good, professional staff who are very helpful. Amazing views, very comfortable ride and very good value. A truly memorable event. Read full review
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Opening (28 Mar 2019 - 1 Nov 2019)|
* Daily from 10:30. 7 days a week