|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Standard||£5.00 per ticket|
|Child Standard||£2.50 per ticket|
|Family - one adult||£7.50 per ticket|
|Family Standard||£12.50 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Please ensure that you book by 3pm the day before your visit. Members can book for free, while non-members will need to pay when booking. To book please visit https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/the-needles-old-battery-and-new-battery
Needles Old Battery:
* Spectacularly sited cliff top fort with the best views of The Needles Rocks.
* Regularly updated exhibitions and displays.
* Intriguing history brought to life comic-book style.
* Memorabilia from World War II.
* Underground tunnel with a unique bird's eye view of The Needles.
* Tearoom in old look-out tower with dramatic views.
* Children’s soldier and inspector trails: free trail sheets for different ages.
* Miles of wonderful cliff top walks stretching from the Needles Headland to Freshwater Bay.
* National Trust Members - FREE
*In the words of one visitor: 'we came for the views, but found so much more.'
Property closes in high winds; please phone on day of visit to check.
Needles New Battery:
*The underground rooms of the New Battery situated next to the bus turning point contain an exhibition about the secret rocket testing carried out on the site in the 1950s and 60s.
* Refreshment kiosk serving drinks, ice cream and snacks.
Property closes in high winds please phone on day of visit to check.
PRICES: Admission to the Needles New Battery is free.
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - Group visits and school visits available. For more information and to book your visit please call 01983 754772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note there is no vehicular access to the Needles headland or Batteries. For disabled access please phone 01983 754772 or email email@example.com
Reduced fare available to National Trust members on Needles Tour Bus (run by Southern Vectis). Please ask driver for details.
- Disabled Parking - There is no vehicular access to the Needles headland. Limited disabled parking available. Please phone property to arrange.
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Induction Loop System
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Baby changing
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome - Dogs on leads welcome everywhere except in the tearoom.
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
- Groups Accepted
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Educational Groups
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted - Educational tours should be prebooked.
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Tours must be prebooked.
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, A3055 to Alum Bay.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, A3055 to Alum Bay.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Alum Bay.
Please note: access from Alum Bay is on foot only only approx ¾ mile along a well surfaced path or by Needles Tour bus. No vehicle access to site - for disabled access arrangements please phone 01983 754772 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Parking at Alum Bay is not National Trust.
Minimum charge £4
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
|Open (12 Apr 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
* Last entry 4.30pm. Please note the property may have to close in high winds. Please phone to check (01983) 754772.