|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£4.30 per ticket|
|Adult Group||£3.80 per ticket|
|Child||£2.15 per ticket|
|Child Group||£1.90 per ticket|
|Family||£10.75 per ticket|
Gift Aid on Entry (GAOE) tickets include a voluntary 10% donation; visitors can, however, choose to pay the standard admission prices which are displayed at the property and at www.nationaltrust.org.uk
National Trust members free.
Pre-booked groups welcome: Min 15, Max 25 for half an hour to forty-five minutes. E-mail for details. Group rates available if booked in advance.
*This ancient building is the only remaining evidence of the former importance of Newtown.
* It dates from around 1699, with alterations in 1813. The red brick building stands in a grassy space that was once a wide street.
*The 'Rotten Borough' once sent two Members to Parliament and has a fascinating local history dating back to the 13th century.
* Discover more about the mysterious and masked Ferguson Gang who saved the Old Town Hall for the nation in 1933.
* Children's quiz sheet
* Regular art and photographic exhibitions
* Walks to the nearby estuary
* National Trust Members - FREE
Whilst visiting Newtown why not visit the adjoining National Nature Reserve with its visitor point, bird hides, harbour walk & woodland walk.
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - Newtown Old Town Hall welcomes school groups. For more information and to book your visit please call 01983 531622 or email email@example.com
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
Take a bite of the Taste Round the Island Cycle Route as you peddle through some of the islands prettiest quiet country lanes to Newtown Town Hall . Once a rotten borough to elicit extra votes this village is now perfect destination with walks to bird hides and woodland edging the Newtown estuary. Hire bikes from either Yarmouth or Cowes to make the day trip to Newtown. Please note: bicycle racks are available at Newtown National Trust car park. Biles should not be taken into areas where they may disturb wildlife.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/bicycle-island/taste-round-the-island-route
* Bike hire Yarmouth: Wight Cycle Hire: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/wight-cycle-hire-p155821
* Bike Hire Cowes: Top gear cycle hire http://www.top-gearhire.com/cycle_hire.html
* Bus Info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Induction Loop System
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- On site parking
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Shalfleet, turn right onto Corf Road just passed the petrol station on the right, turn left onto Town Lane.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Shalfleet, turn right onto Corf Road just passed the petrol station on the right, turn left onto Town Lane.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Shalfleet, turn left onto Corf Road (first turning after going passed the New Inn and through the traffic lights), turn left onto Town Lane.
Public Transport DirectionsSouthern Vectis bus No 7 from Newport to Alum Bay via Shalfleet and Yarmouth. Alight Bartons Corner 1ml
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Silver 2008
|Open (9 Mar 2018 - 24 Oct 2018)|
* Last admission 15 mins before closing time. Closes dusk if earlier than 5pm.