AboutYMCA Winchester House, Shanklin
Winchester House in Shanklin is a great base from which to explore the Isle of Wight. With sweeping cliff top views across Hope Bay, easy access to many island attractions and great transport links, Winchester House is the perfect setting for any residential group or school.
Since 2004, we have provided exciting visits for thousands of visitors. Our welcoming, safe environment makes us a firm favourite year after year.
Winchester House is open all year round, and welcomes groups of between 20 & 120 people, with full board, half board and bed and breakfast options.
NEW for 2015-enjoy discounted ferry travel with Wightlink when you book with us.
• 3 wings with security coded doors
• Comfortable, private lounges
• Bunk –bedded, twin and single rooms
• Separate leaders rooms
• 2 en-suite leaders rooms from Summer 2013
We are proud to offer tasty, nutritious meals, with all food freshly prepared on site by our dedicated catering team.
• Full board, half board and bed and breakfast options
• Child menus and adult menus available
• All dietary needs catered for
Our private garden and varied inside spaces allow us to offer on-site activities whatever the weather. From self-led sports and games to YMCA staff-led activities, we have something to offer everyone.
• Onsite activities include badminton, discos, pool table, table tennis and beach games
• YMCA-led activities include orienteering, cycling and woodland excursions
• Good bus links and train station nearby, offering great access to explore the island’s many attractions.
Full board prices for a 7 night stay start from as little as £196 per child and £219 per adult. Minimum stay – 2 nights.
YMCA Winchester House is situated on the south east coast of the island, on the cliff top between Sandown and Shanklin. Winchester House is a short drive from Fishbourne, East Cowes and Yarmouth car ferry ports and the foot passenger ferry ports of Ryde and Cowes. Lake train station is just a 10 minute walk along the cliff top path and regular bus services provide links to island attractions. 2 miles of sandy beach are right on our doorstep.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|YMCA Winchester House - Adult FULL BOARD||£219.00 per person per week|
|YMCA Winchester House - Child FULL BOARD||£196.00 per person per week|
*35 bedrooms - consisting of singles, twins and bunk bedded rooms, plus separate leaders rooms (2 en-suite leaders rooms from Summer 2013)
Minimum stay - 2 nights.
Bed and breakfast, half board and full board options available.
- Accessible Bedrooms
- Accessible Lift
- Disabled persons toilet
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Ramp / Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Cater for vegetarians
- Evening meal available on request
- Full liquor licence - Bar available by prior arrangement
- Lunch available, table service
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Babes in Arms
- Children's Meals
- Cot(s) available
- Facilities for children
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Indoor children’s play area
- Outdoor children’s play area
- Accept coach parties
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Cater for groups
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Conference facilities
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Licensed for alcohol
- Licensed for weddings & ceremonies
- Marquee Space Available
- Meeting rooms
- No Pets
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Public Telephone
- Wireless Internet Access
- Games room
- Snooker / Pool table
- Swimming Pool close by
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Sea View some rooms
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne Lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport DirectionsTrain from Ryde train station or Ryde pier head (from Catamaran), to Lake train station. Alternatively, use the Number 2 or 3 bus routes from Ryde Bus Station (on Esplanade)
From West Cowes: Number 1 bus route to Newport. Change at Newport Bus Station to Number 2 or 3 bus route.
From Yarmouth: Number 7 bus route to Newport. Change at Newport Bus Station to Number 2 or 3 bus route.
For further bus information, please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info or 0871 200 2233 (bus times) or 01983 827000 (office).
- 3 Visit England Stars Group Hostel
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Opening (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|