Set in 4 acres of landscaped garden, the sister hotels of Luccombe Manor and Luccombe Hall share one of the Isle of Wight's most stunning locations overlooking Shanklin Beach.
Luccombe Manor is a striking Victorian residence boasting magnificent sea views amidst a tranquil setting. The direct access to the beach below from the bottom of our extensive gardens is ideal for you relaxation - be it for a family picnic or a sunset stroll.
This family-run hotel stands in a beautiful position on the cliff top, and guests benefit from being less than a five-minute walk from Shanklin High Street, the Old Village and Shanklin Chine.
The bedrooms vary from twin/double rooms, family rooms and some with sea views. All the rooms are ensuite and have either a bath/shower. All the tastefully furnished bedrooms are centrally heated and fitted with modern amenities including colour television, clock radios and tea and coffee making facilities. We are a dog friendly hotel, for more details please see out website.
Luccombe Manor shares its stunning location with sister hotel, Luccombe Hall and all guests are able to take advantage of the extensive indoor and outdoor facilities at Luccombe Hall Country House Hotel, at no additional cost. Facilities include:
- Heated Indoor and outdoor pools
- Children's outdoor play areas
- Extensive cliff-top gardens including the Grand View Tea Gardens
- Games room
- Squash court
Free Wi-fi Access is also available in the bar and lounge areas of Luccombe Manor.
Enjoy a superb three-course dinner in our splendid Victorian dining room with French windows overlooking the gardens. You will be offered an excellent choice at all meals including traditional roasts,and continental dishes. Our Table D'Hote Menu changes daily and always includes a vegetarian option.
Special diets can usually be catered for with advance notification.
To complement your meal there is a good selection of wines available to suit all pockets.
Our Evening Dinner is served from 6.30pm to last orders at 8pm.
Children’s teas are served from 5.30pm to 6pm and should be ordered with reception before 12 noon.
Breakfast is served from 08.00am to 9.30am
Luccombe Manor also has a 3 bedroom self-catering apartment suitable for up to 8 persons. Guests of the Chine Court apartment can benefit from the freedom and convenience of fully equipped self-catering accommodation with the benefits of full use of all the hotels facilities. Enquiries and bookings for Chine Court apartment can be made by phoning tel: 01983 866899. More information is available on our website - www.chinecourt.co.uk
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 22nd Mar 2018
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 23rd Mar 2018
- No. of Nights:
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good249
- Steve HTrip Type:FamilyLovely hotelTuesday, 6th March 2018A lovely old style hotel. The decor in some of the communal areas was a little tired, but the dining area and room were superb. The staff were helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. The... Read full review
- helen_sheehanDownham Market, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesAwful staff and disinterestedSunday, 4th March 2018Wish they had made my 50 birthday memorable they didn’t do anything even though my husband told them very disappointing. Staff grumpy on check in. Pool tired and dirty. Redeemed itself with the... Read full review
- swift1496Bradford-on-Avon, United KingdomComfortable hotel in great locationWednesday, 28th February 2018We stayed here for a weekend in February 2018. The hotel organised ferry travel and the booking procedure was very straight forward. The room was well equipped with a decent en-suite bathroom. The... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite Room||from £59.00 to £85.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite Room x 4||from £59.00 to £85.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite Room||from £59.00 to £85.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Country house
Children & Infants
- Baby Listening
- Children's Meals
- Children's play area
- Facilities for children
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Food/bottle warming available
- Indoor children’s play area
- Outdoor children’s play area
- Special meal times for children - Childrens high tea available 5.30-6pm
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Fitness facilities close by
- Games room
- Garden games
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - adjoining.
- Indoor heated pool - adjoining.
- Indoor pool - adjoining.
- Other sporting facilities - Adjoining.
- Outdoor heated pool
- Outdoor pool
- Sauna - adjoining.
- Snooker / Pool table
- Spa Bath - adjoining.
- Squash court - adjoining.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Full liquor licence
- Meals served all day
- Outdoor eating area
- Room Service
- Serve breakfast
- Serve evening meal
- Special diets catered for - With 24hrs prior notice
- Vegetarians catered for
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Ground Floor Room(s) - One ground floor bedroom with 3 steps in to restaurant and reception from room
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Telephone in all bedrooms
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night Keys
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Real log/coal fires - adjoining.
- Residents lounge open all day
- Wireless Internet Access
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
- Luccombe Manor Country House Hotel
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, follow this road down into the Old Village of Shanklin, through the bends in front of the Holliers Hotel and out of the Old Village. After approximately 200 yards, turn left in to Priory Road. Take the first left on to Popham Road and drive to the end of the road, to your left will be Rylstone Gardens and tucked in the corner on your right you can find Luccombe Manor.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin. As above once in Shanklin Old Village.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin. Then as above.
Public Transport Directions
From Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 3 Visit England Stars Hotel
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
|Opening (3 Jan 2018 - 23 Dec 2018)|