Waterfront Retreat is a lovingly designed, light drenched cottage annexe created with style & relaxation in mind and which is warm & cosy all year round.
Local driftwood, a pallet of seaside shades coupled with the views from the property will transport your imagination to a sandy beach on a warm summer’s day.
From the master bedroom there are stunning views over the Solent to the north & far reaching countryside views to the south.
Outside is a private enclosed decking area perfect for alfresco dining.
Whilst fully rebuilding and renovating the main house (Waterfront House), we decided that it would be wonderful to design a very special cottage annexe to offer guests the opportunity to share the beautiful space and views that we are privileged to enjoy everyday.
Natural light floods the property and the tranquil palette helps to create a peaceful and relaxing stay.
Glorious in the spring and summer time but equally inviting and cosy in the autumn and winter too with plenty of winter sunshine due to the south facing frontage and underfloor heating throughout the living areas.
The views from the property coupled with the flourish of designer driftwood ornaments and an interior pallet of seaside shades will transport your imagination to a sandy beach on a warm summer’s day. Some vintage pieces combined with a clean, modern finish offer the perfect collaboration of timeless elegance.
The recently renovated cottage has a fully fitted out kitchen complete with oven, 2 burner electric hob unit, microwave, kettle, toaster, compact (3kg) washing machine and even a Nespresso machine with built in milk warmer.
Adjoining the kitchen, a beautiful light and airy sitting room/dining area provides a tranquil space to relax, read and enjoy meals with family and friends.
From the master bedroom there are great views over the Solent to the north and far reaching countryside views to the south.
Both the bedrooms have been carefully thought out to promote and enhance sleep with high quality mattresses, bedding, linen and optional black out blinds.
Outside is a private enclosed decking area with table and chairs for 4; perfect for alfresco dining at any time of the day. You may even catch sight of the resident wildlife....a pair of red squirrels, doves, pheasants, a cuckoo plus many more bird species.
The property is south facing and so benefits from prolonged exposures to the sun. Under floor heating throughout the main living areas and the bathroom also keeps the cottage toasty on cooler days.
Waterfront Retreat is set on the Yarmouth shore making it a wonderful base from which to enjoy the delights of seaside living on this beautiful island. Only a 10 to 15 minute walk (or 3 minute drive) along the waterfront from the property into Yarmouth town centre and the Lymington to Yarmouth ferry port.
OTHER THINGS TO NOTE
White fluffy towels, crisp white linen, dressing gowns and slippers are all provided for use at the cottage.
A complementary welcome pack, comprising of Nespresso capsules, Twinings tea, coffee, local milk and local biscuits will be waiting on arrival for all guests.
There is a compact (3kg) washing machine in the property and a washing line/clothes pegs plus an airier for drying.
The property's outdoor space is very safe and there is no open access to the front of the property due to a coded wooden gate.
We are very happy to provide a travel cot, baby bath and a high chair on request. Children's cutlery is also provided as standard.
All bedrooms have optional fitted black out blinds for that extra sleep time if required.
There is no bath at the property, however the wet room shower is very spacious (and there's plenty of room for a baby bath) plus there is both an overhead shower and a handheld one which can be used independently of each other. The handheld attachment can be useful for young children and babies. Slightly older children seem to love the shower too!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good1
- michael bWaterfront retreat is lovelySunday, 27th May 2018waterfront retreat is lovely. Everything to the highest standard with lots of personal touches that make it more special. Louise and Sam very friendly and helpful but give you space and privacy so... Read full review
- Quest711154Market Bosworth, United KingdomFantastic location, relaxing and quiet yet close enough to walk into YarmouthTuesday, 4th September 2018Waterfront Retreat was a wonderful, home from home place in an idyllic location. It had all the amenities you could possibly want and are welcomed with a nice bottle of wine and biscuits. Catering... Read full review
- DietaryDivasAbsolutely stunning!Monday, 24th September 2018Beautiful place to stay... the pictures do not do it justice. If you think you may need it, they have got it! Very well equipped, for adults, children and babies- everyone has been considered... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Waterfront Retreat||from £85.00 to £150.00 per unit per night|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- BBQs for visitors use
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- DVD available
- Linen included
- Open on bank holidays
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Single Sex groups welcome
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Secure cycle parking
- Midweek breaks
Room / Unit Features
- Colour TV
- Electricity Charges Included
- Hairdryer in unit
- Ironing Facilities
- Ironing Facilities
- King sized bed some rooms
- No Smoking in Unit
- Sea View some rooms
- Tea and coffee making in unit
- Two bedrooms
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
PARKING (multiple unit properties)
ACCESS TO ALL AREAS
BEDROOM(S) AND BATHROOM(S) - GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver- Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|