Chale Bay Farm is a beautiful award winning luxury guesthouse nestling among rolling fields with stunning sea views on the south-west of the Isle of Wight.
Situated on the Isle of Wight’s Heritage Coastline in an area of outstanding natural beauty, and with panoramic sea views to the Needles and the chalk cliffs of Tennyson Down, Chale Bay Farm provides an idyllic and tranquil setting.
Originally a Dairy Farm, Chale Bay Farm is set in 26 acres and has modern, purpose-built guest rooms set around a relaxing courtyard with water garden, creating bespoke, luxury guesthouse bed & breakfast accommodation.
Under new, family ownership since 2011 we have completely refurbished and introduced many new features normally only found in boutique hotels, including new soft furnishings throughout, iPhone/iPod docks, HD Satellite TVs, free WiFi access and many other improvements.
We are ideally situated for short breaks, family getaways and seaside holidays and our quiet secluded superior rooms make us a perfect romantic hideaway - a special place to stay while you explore the numerous attractions or just relax on your Isle of Wight holiday.
With so many activities so close to us we can also be used as an excellent base for active sports and outdoor activities including surfing, canoeing, rib rides, paragliding, shooting, clay pigeon, horse riding, golf, hiking, cycling and being on the Isle of Wight's famous "Dinosaur Coast" we are ideally placed for fossil hunting.
The Isle of Wight is one of the most southern parts of the UK and with its own microclimate is much warmer than much of the UK averaging 18C in July and August, with a sunshine record to rival Northern Spain. Whatever the weather there is always lots to do on the Isle of Wight with beaches, Osborne House, roman villas, museums, amusement parks, zoos, leisure centres, bowling, ice skating and much, much more.
Look out for our latest special offers including free room upgrades, 10% off deals and packages with ferry included.
The large rooms are set around a courtyard with illuminated water-garden. Rooms are newly refurbished to luxury standard including HD satellite TV, mini-bar, beverage-making facilities, safe, DAB/FM clock radio/iPhone/iPod dock and free WiFi. All bathrooms are ensuite and equipped with modern bath and powerful shower facilities, hairdryers, soft towels and complimentary toiletries. Many rooms have patios to enjoy the views.
The two suites are ideal for families having a super-king-size bed on the ground floor and two single beds on the first floor with a separate TV/DVD for the kids.
For the comfort of all guests, there is a totally no-smoking policy. Fully Licensed to serve alcohol.
- Certificate of Excellence 2016
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good15
- binnsiniDubai, United Arab EmiratesTrip Type:CouplesGreat Location and Sea Views!!!Friday, 19th May 2017Arrived and was upgraded to a suite which has a sitting area on a higher level to look at the Needles. Very comfortable and really friendly owners. Filling breakfasts!! Located 30 minutes from... Read full review
- PeterandJeanGSouthampton UKTrip Type:CouplesEXCELLENT!Wednesday, 17th May 2017Overnight 16 May 2017. The room is large,well furnished with high standard fittings. Outside patio very nice giving view of the Needles (on a clear day!) beds comfortable, management/staff very... Read full review
- KP111qPlymouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat Stay!Sunday, 30th April 2017Booked Chale Bay Farm following the very good internet reviews and we weren't disappointed! They were quiet as mid week, and upgraded us from our booked superior room (#7) to their suite (#6), which... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic Double En-Suite Room||£109.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Classic Double/Twin En-Suite Room||£109.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Classic Double/Twin, Sea View||£113.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Classic Family Suite||£165.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe Double, Sea View||£149.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double/Twin, Sea View||£119.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Family Suite, Sea View||£179.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Prices shown on Visit Isle of Wight are indicative. Discounts and Ferry inclusive deals available for longer stays and repeat visits. Please contact Chale Bay Farm with your requirements
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside - Stunning countryside and sea views
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment - No Smoking throughout
- Accessible Bedrooms - One Bedroom has wider doors to facilitate wheelchair access (though note it still has a threshold not level access)
- Disabled Parking
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Cot - Free Trave Cots available
- Cot(s) available - Free Travel Cots available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Food/bottle warming available
- Highchair(s) available
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking - Large Free Car Park
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- Arrangements for riding / pony trekking
- Clay pigeon shooting - Clay Pigeon shooting available nearby
- Cycle Hire - cycle hire can be arranged from local rental shop
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Full liquor licence
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Room Service - Room service of bar drinks and cream tea menu available
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
- Cash Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths all rooms
- Black Out facilities all rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD Player some rooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available - All bedrooms other than part of family suites are on the ground floor.
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Mini bar all rooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All rooms are no smoking
- Radio all rooms
- Safe all rooms
- Satellite TV
- Satellite TV all rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Telephone all rooms
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Faxing facilities
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - Irons and Ironing boards available at short notice by request
- Licensed for alcohol
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Wireless Internet Access
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Room / Unit Features: Classic Family Suite
- Size in square meters - 28
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to Ventnor.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No.1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 3 or 6
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 3 or 6
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 Newport and change to 3 or 6
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Apr 2017 - 29 Oct 2017)|
|Closed (1 Nov 2017 - 31 Mar 2018)|