Our idyllic family run holiday park is situated within an area of outstanding natural beauty, making it a perfect base for walkers and cyclists, as you can access many walkways within minutes. Yet, we are just minutes by car from the famous beaches of Sandown, Shanklin and Ventnor, so are an ideal location for any pursuit.
Originally part of the landscaped gardens of an historic house, the park still maintains its olde-worlde charm, with its 40 static caravans set within the old orchard walls. The orchard is traffic-free making it completely safe for young children.
Static caravans (4 & 6 berth - 2 or 3 bedrooms) have toilet/shower, TV, toaster, all cooking utensils. Gas and electricity is included in the price of the static caravans. Bedding and linen are not supplied but available to hire. Dogs are permitted in certain units only.
Our Touring & Camping facilities are situated within sheltered grassland with upland views of the Stenbury Downs.
There are a selection of grass serviced pitches and all are marked and easily accessible by hard road access.
A tranquil meadow area is adjacent which provides hardstanding plus water pitches and also Super hardstanding pitches.
The toilet block is very light with modern washing facilities complete with spacious showers, separate washing area, hand and hair dryers. The access friendly bathroom is situated within the same complex and has a bath, toilet with grab rail and low level wash basin.
A large heated outdoor swimming pool adjoins the toddlers’ paddling pool - both are open Whitsun week to early September. Our bar/entertainments room overlooks the pool, which has family entertainment, provided Whitsun week and throughout the summer holidays. Toilet/bathroom for disabled. Access friendly toilet/bathroom. Laundry room with coin - operated washing machines, dryers and irons.
Our prices include use of all facilities.
* Grocery and gift shop with basic essentials and a freezer pack facility.
* Activities for children: play area, crazy golf.
* Highchair/pushchairs for hire.
* Free showers - washing up room.
* Ferry package deals available with free booking service.
* Short breaks available.
* All our accommodation is non smoking.
* Extra charge for gas only in camping field.
5 Star award **AWARDED DAVID BELLAMY GOLD AWARD**
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|2 bedroom - Culver & Luccombe||from £37.40 to £107.00 per unit per night|
|2 Bedroom - Orchard Lodge||from £38.55 to £115.65 per unit per night|
|3 bedroom - Afton||from £43.85 to £132.50 per unit per night|
|3 bedroom - Arreton & Boniface||from £41.70 to £130.35 per unit per night|
|3 bedroom - Brighstone||from £40.65 to £121.95 per unit per night|
|3 bedroom - Chillerton||from £39.60 to £115.60 per unit per night|
|3 bedroom - Compton||from £38.60 to £109.15 per unit per night|
|3 bedroom - Stenbury||from £46.00 to £134.65 per unit per night|
|3 Bedroom - Tennyson||from £44.85 to £133.55 per unit per night|
|3 Bedroom Apartment||from £39.65 to £96.10 per unit per night|
|Caravan and Motorhome 90 units - Price is per pitch per night (based on 2 people sharing)||from £18.95 to £31.65 per pitch per night|
|Tent Pitch 40 units - Price is per pitch per night (based on 2 people sharing)||from £18.95 to £31.65 per pitch per night|
*Bookings can be taken from any day of the week. For one night stay prices please visit www.appuldurcombegardens.co.uk
Please note 3 night minimum stay for May bank holiday weekend, Whitsun week & the summer season.
Please call now to check availability
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Food Shop on site
- Full liquor licence
- Ice Pack Freezing
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Children's play area
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area
- Calor/Camping Gaz purchase/exchange service
- Chemical closet emptying
- Club house
- Colour television in lounge
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Drinking water supply
- Electrical hook-up points
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gas cylinder exchange
- Grass pitches
- Groups welcome - Small groups only
- Ironing facilities
- Licensed for alcohol
- Lighting throughout park
- Linen at extra cost
- Linen available for hire
- Mains service pitches available
- Open on bank holidays
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Rallies welcome
- Shower block
- Toilet Block
- Tumble dryer
- Waste Disposal Point
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Games room
- Golf Course close by
- Outdoor heated pool
- Snooker / Pool table
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Parking next to pitch
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Countryside Setting
Room / Unit Features
- Drying facilities
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Microwave - Certain units only
- Pets accepted in some units
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea and coffee making in unit
- Video some rooms
- Camping and Caravanning Club non members welcome
- Caravan Club non members welcome
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Appuldurcombe Gardens Holiday Park Video
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin. At Whiteley Bank roundabout turn left for B3327 to Wroxall. From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank roundabout turn left for B3327 to Wroxall. From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to Ventnor, B3327 to Wroxall. Travel into the village of Wroxall and follow the brown Tourist signs which will indicate where to turn into Appuldurcombe Road. We are then 150 yards up the road, the second entrance on the right before you turn the corner into Red Hill Lane.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 3 From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 3 to Wroxall and Ventnor. For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 5 AA Pennants Holiday Park
- 5 Visit England Stars
- David Bellamy Conservation Awards - David Bellamy Gold 2016
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Silver 2008
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
|Open (1 Mar 2018 - 14 Nov 2018)|
|Closed (15 Nov 2018 - 28 Feb 2019)|