UPDATE - Due to very limited capacity and other strictly imposed conditions the swimming pools will not be open this season, but there are many beautiful beaches on the Isle of Wight to explore. Our large shop, take away food bar and award winning, camping facilities centre will be open. All with additional cleaning and safety measures. For up-to-date information please visit our website.
Come and spend your holiday with us at The Orchards Holiday Park. Recently awarded Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome" Best site for Families". The Orchards is a family owned holiday park with stunning, countryside views and high quality facilities.
The Orchards Holiday Park is a great place for young families and couples who want to explore the island or relax and unwind in a beautiful setting.
We have 160 well maintained, marked out, touring pitches, arranged in paddocks, surrounded by trees and shrubs. Some grass pitches are slightly sloping, some are level. Most of hard standing and water serviced pitches are level. They are suitable for tents, caravans or motorhomes. Most have excellent views of the beautiful surrounding rolling countryside.
Our impressive Facilities Centre houses all of your touring needs and will certainly make your holiday more comfortable. It has received many rave reviews from guests who have been delighted with it. " Spacious.... spotlessly clean.... finished to a very high specification " are some of the comments used. It has 12 individual shower and washbasin cubicles, toilets, a family bathroom, a family shower room, a washing up area, laundry and ironing area with exceptional views, baby changing room, accessible facilities and walkers drying room. It comprises of 480sq meters, all with the luxury of under floor heating and spectacular views.
The holiday caravans are attractively laid out with trees and pathways between. Most have double glazing and central heating. All are well maintained and spotlessly clean. All have a fire, toilet, shower, colour TV, DVD player, microwave and a high specification, fully fitted kitchen. We have 2 Sovereign caravans for wheelchair users (assisted) and those with special needs. Why not try a luxury, top of the range Roxbury caravans with patio doors and decking for eating out on summer evenings, whist watching one of the glorious sunsets. Or a New Pippin,light and airy with open plan kitchen, dining, lounge area. See the caravan guide on our website for all of our caravan types.
Our facilities include, an outdoor heated pool, open late May to early September, an indoor heated pool and pool side coffee shop, take-away, table tennis, pool room, dog walking area, children's play area and we have WiFi throughout the park.
The No 7 bus stops at the entrance to the park. hourly, going to Yarmouth or Newport, where you can catch connecting buses to other parts of the Island.
The pretty town of Yarmouth is ten minutes drive away. It has a harbour, art galleries, cafes, a supermarket and individual shops to stroll around.
You can enjoy walking and cycling in this very beautiful area, beach holidays, golfing, bird watching, visiting the islands attractions and attending the many festivals the island has to offer. Chessell Pottery, Tapnell Farm Park, Fort Victoria, The Needles, Carrisbroke Castle, Compton Bay beach and Colwell Bay, are all close by. Check out Tapnell Farm water park which is due to open Spring 2020.
The Orchards is dedicated to conserving the natural landscape around us and has been awarded 20 Gold David Bellamy awards.
We also have Orchard House, a large, 4 bedroom, spacious stone house to rent, (sleeps 10 ) which benefits from the use of the parks facilities. It is situated at the front of The Orchards Holiday Park. It has its own private patio and garden. It has an upstairs shower room and separate toilet and a downstairs bathroom with toilet and sink. The lounge is large and comfortable with patio doors out onto the garden. For more details see Orchard House, on our website or phone 01983 531350 for more details.
We are open from 27th March until 30th October 2020.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good103
- CJLFFJBuckinghamshire, United KingdomOKMonday, 7th September 2020This was our 6th stay at the the Orchards. We stayed in a Bramley caravan, so 1 category down from their best Roxbury caravans. Positives For School holidays, good value compared to other... Read full review
- josie45BrightonBrighton and Hove, United KingdomFirst time in a caravanThursday, 10th September 2020I wanted a short break with my dogs. I have never stayed in a caravan before so was unsure what to expect. Well, from start to finish it was truly amazing! I was greeted with the warmest welcome from... Read full review
- Jimbo1527Bognor Regis, United KingdomShort HolidayMonday, 14th September 2020This is a small caravan site near Yarmouth on the Isle of Wight. Reception do all they can to help, small shop with a good selection and a takeawy which we did not use. It has other ammenities but... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Orchard House||from £1,010.00 to £2,010.00 per unit per week|
|Pitches Fee includes pitch fee + 2 persons. See below for more information and for per child and additional adults||from £19.50 to £38.75 per pitch per night|
|The Blenheim||from £435.00 to £1,035.00 per unit per week|
|The Braeburn||from £275.00 to £870.00 per unit per week|
|The Cox||from £250.00 to £850.00 per unit per week|
|The Discovery||from £365.00 to £965.00 per unit per week|
|The Gala||from £345.00 to £945.00 per unit per week|
|The Gold Sovereign||from £375.00 to £975.00 per unit per week|
|The Lambourn||from £250.00 to £850.00 per unit per week|
|The Pearmain||from £380.00 to £980.00 per unit per week|
|The Pippin||from £205.00 to £810.00 per unit per week|
|The Regent||from £320.00 to £915.00 per unit per week|
|The Roxbury||from £500.00 to £1,100.00 per unit per week|
|The Sovereign||from £240.00 to £845.00 per unit per week|
*Prices indicated are from prices. Ferry booking discount available. Touring Pitch prices quotes are low season and include pitch and two persons. For ferry discounts please contact The Orchards. Visit The Orchards website for short break pricing and special offers.
- Accessible Bedrooms - See Sovereign Caravan specifications.
- Disabled persons toilet - See Sovereign Caravan specifications. Our facilities centre also has accessible facilities.
- Wheelchair user accessible - The Sovereign Caravan is designed for people in wheelchairs (assisted only) and people with walking difficulties.
- Food Shop on site - open everyday from 0800-1200 & 1600-1800hrs. Stocks everyday groceries, wine, beer and gifts at competative prices
- Ice Pack Freezing - Deposit system to hire frozen ice packs
- Take away food - Take away is usually open everyday from 1700hrs to 2000hrs. Open longer hours busy periods.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - no minimum age
- Children's play area - Play area for over 5 and under 5 year olds.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available - Holiday caravans only. Highchairs charges at £1 per chair per night.
- Outdoor children’s play area
- Calor/Camping Gaz purchase/exchange service
- Chemical disposal point
- Chemical toilet disposal facilities
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Dedicated motor vehicle waste disposal point
- Dogs welcome - Holiday Caravans dogs accepted in Gala, Braeburn, Sovereign and Pippin Caravans £5 per dog per night. Camping/Touing 2 dogs free extra dogs charged at £2 per dog per night.
- Drinking water supply
- Electrical hook-up points - Touring/Camping 10 amp supply. Included in price
- Ferry discount available - Holiday Caravans ferry booking service at competative prices. Camping/Touring packages from all ferry ports available.
- Gas cylinder exchange - gas exchange available in shop
- Grass pitches
- Hard standing pitches
- Latest arrival time (24 hr clock) - We do not accept arrivals before 0800 hrs and after 2200hrs.
- Launderette - Washing and Drying Machines. Spin Dryer, Hand washing sinks
- Licensed for alcohol - off licence in shop
- Linen included - Holiday caravans only; Linen provided free of charge for number of persons occupying caravan.
- Linen provided - Holiday caravans: Linen provided free of charge for number of persons booked into unit
- Mains service pitches available - Water serviced hardstanding pitches with water and waste water on the pitch
- Open on bank holidays
- Park and facilities limited to members - Only persons staying on park and local members may use park facilities.
- Pets accepted by arrangement - Holiday Caravans dogs accepted in Gala, Braeburn, Sovereign and Pippin Caravans £5 per dog per night. Camping/Touing 2 dogs free extra dogs charged at £2 per dog per night.
- Pets welcome
- Prior Booking Recommended - Pre-booking recommended. No walk-in booking accepted in holiday caravans.
- Public Telephone
- Rallies welcome - Please contact Debbie on 01983 531331.
- Shower block
- Toilet Block
- Tumble dryer
- Waste Disposal Point
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - 2 pubs approx 1.5 miles
- Games room - Table tennis and Pool room
- Golf Course close by
- Indoor heated pool - Not open in 2020.
- Outdoor heated pool - Not open in 2020.
- Snooker / Pool table
- Swimming Pool - Not open in 2020.
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Nearest regular bus service (every hour)20 mins walk away. From Sunday 4th May the No7 bus will stop outside the park entrance and will run every hour.
- Free parking - Holiday caravans have car park. Camping Touring parking on pitch
- On Site Car Parking
- Parking next to pitch - Camping/Touring parking on pitch.
- Cash Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks - Holiday Caravans: Monday to Friday breaks available please telephone us on 01983 531331 or visit website for details. Camping/Touring arrival anyday to anyday minimum 3 nights for forward bookings. Last minute 1 or 2 nights available.
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks - Holiday Caravans: Friday to Monday breaks available please telephone us on 01983 531331 or visit website for details. Camping/Touring arrival anyday to anyday. Forward bookings minimum 3 nights. Last minute 1 or 2 nights avaialble.
- Countryside Setting - Set in the beautiful West Wight close to an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- In countryside - views of surrounding beautiful scenery from most vans and pitches
Room / Unit Features
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all units - Digital LCD in lounge of caravan.
- Digital TV - Holiday Caravans: Digital Television and dvd player in lounge.
- DVD player all rooms
- Electricity Charges Included - No meters in holiday caravans or on Camping Touring pitches.
- Gas Charges Included - Holiday Caravans gas included in price.
- Microwave in all units
- Pets accepted in some units - Holiday Caravans: Pets accepted in Gala, Braeburn, Sovereign and Pippin Caravans. Max 2 per unit. Charged at £5 per dog per night Camping/Touring: 2 dogs free extra dogs charged at £2 per dog per night.
- Camping and Caravanning Club non members welcome
- Caravan Club non members welcome - Caravan club members can claim £2 per night discount if not claimed other offers/discounts/reductions.
- Cyclists welcome - Amazing cycle routes from the park. Cycles are not permitted to be ridden around the Park.
- Short breaks available - Holiday Caravans: Monday to Friday or Friday to Monday breaks available please telephone us on 01983 531331 or visit website for details. Camping/Touring arrival anyday to anyday minimum 3 nights for forward bookings. Last minute 1 or 2 nights available.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Room / Unit Features: Orchard House
- Ironing facilities in all units
- Washing Machine
Map & Directions
From Yarmouth, take the A3054 to Newport, after 3 miles turn right at the Horse and Groom Inn. Follow signs to Newbridge. From East Cowes or Fishbourne follow signs to Newport and then follow signs to Yarmouth on A3054 after approximately 6 miles pass through Shalfleet village. After further half mile turn left at Horse and Groom Inn. Follow signs to Newbridge.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- 5 AA Pennants Holiday Park
- David Bellamy Conservation Awards - David Bellamy Gold 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2016
- AA Associate Member - AA Campsite of the year 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Caravan Club Affiliated Site 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Loo of the Year - Platinum 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Top 100 Sites - overall winner 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Top 100 Sites - Best Family Site 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Top 100 Sites - Finalist 2017
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
|Open (3 Apr 2020 - 30 Oct 2020)|
|Closed (1 Nov 2020 - 2 Apr 2021)|