PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BOOK ONLINE.
Come and spend your holiday with us at The Orchards Holiday Park. Recently awarded Practical Caravan and Practical Motorhome" Best site for Families" 2017, The Orchards is a family owned holiday park with stunning, countryside views and high quality facilities.
The Orchards Holiday Park is a great place for young families and couples who want to explore the island or relax and unwind in a beautiful setting.
We have 160 well maintained, marked out, touring pitches, arranged in paddocks, surrounded by trees and shrubs Some grass pitches are slightly sloping, some are level. Most of hard standing and water serviced pitches are level. They are suitable for tents, caravans or motorhomes. Most have excellent views of rolling countryside.
Our impressive Facilities Centre houses all of your touring needs and will certainly make your holiday more comfortable. It has received many rave reviews from guests who have been delighted with it. " Spacious.... spotlessly clean.... finished to a very high specification " are some of the comments used. it has 12 individual shower and washbasin cubicles, toilets, a family bathroom, a family shower room, a washing up area, laundry and ironing area with exceptional views, baby changing room, accessible facilities and walkers drying room. It comprises of 480sq meters, all with the luxury of under floor heating.
The holiday caravans are attractively laid out with trees and pathways between. Most have double glazing and central heating. All are well maintained and spotlessly clean. All have a fire, toilet, shower, colour TV, DVD player, microwave and a high specification, fully fitted kitchen. We have 2 Sovereign caravans for wheelchair users (assisted) and those with special needs. Why not try a luxury, top of the range Roxbury caravans with patio doors and decking for eating out on summer evenings. Or a New Pippin,light and airy with open plan kitchen, dining, lounge area. See the caravan guide on our website for all of our caravan types.
Our facilities include, an outdoor heated pool, open late May to early September, an indoor heated pool and pool side coffee shop, take-away, table tennis, pool room, dog walking area, children's play area and we have WiFi throughout the park for a small fee.
The No 7 bus stops at the entrance to the park. hourly, going to Yarmouth or Newport, where you can catch connecting buses to other parts of the Island.
The pretty town of Yarmouth is ten minutes drive away. It has a harbour, art galleries, cafes, a supermarket and individual shops to stroll around.
You can enjoy walking and cycling in this very beautiful area, beach holidays, golfing, bird watching, visiting the islands attractions and attending the many festivals the island has to offer. Chessell pottery, Fort Victoria, The Needles, Carrisbroke Castle, Compton beach and Colwell Bay, are all close by.
The Orchards is dedicated to conserving the natural landscape around us and has been awarded 20 Gold David Bellamy awards. We are also a Best of British holiday park.
We also have Orchard House, a 4 bedroom spacious house to rent, (sleeps 10 ) which benefits from the use of the parks facilities. We are open from April 5th until 2nd November 2019.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good99
- tlant1Milton Keynes, United KingdomDog friendly accommodation very poorSunday, 22nd September 2019We stayed for one week in a dog friendly static caravan, which was really disappointing. The living area was very worn and smelly including dirty carpet, very faded curtains, very tired and... Read full review
- rhiannonw240Chipping Norton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood stay.Friday, 27th September 2019Visited September 2019. Booked this as a base for our holiday as we needed somewhere which would allow dogs. The caravan its self was clean and tidy with the basic amenities that we needed. The... Read full review
- A1TageBiddulph, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat site for touring caravansSunday, 29th September 2019This is a great site for touring caravans, good spacious pitches with electric hook up. Plenty of drinking and waste water points around the site. The shower / toilet blocks are immaculate and very... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Orchard House||from £990.00 to £1,950.00 per unit per week|
|Pitches Fee includes pitch fee + 2 persons. See below for more informaton and for per child and additional adults||from £19.00 to £35.00 per pitch per night|
|The Bramley||from £370.00 to £945.00 per unit per week|
|The Blenheim||from £400.00 to £975.00 per unit per week|
|The Braeburn||from £245.00 to £820.00 per unit per week|
|The Cox||from £225.00 to £800.00 per unit per week|
|The Discovery||from £335.00 to £910.00 per unit per week|
|The Gala||from £315.00 to £890.00 per unit per week|
|The Gold Sovereign||from £345.00 to £920.00 per unit per week|
|The Lambourn||from £225.00 to £800.00 per unit per week|
|The Pearmain||from £350.00 to £925.00 per unit per week|
|The Pippin||from £185.00 to £760.00 per unit per week|
|The Regent||from £290.00 to £865.00 per unit per week|
|The Roxbury||from £460.00 to £1,035.00 per unit per week|
|The Russett||from £245.00 to £820.00 per unit per week|
|The Sovereign||from £220.00 to £795.00 per unit per week|
*Prices indicated are from prices. Ferry Bookings service available prices at competitive rates. Touring Pitch prices quotes are low season and include pitch and two persons. Touring Packages which include ferry from all routes are available. Early Bird offers : Claim 10% discount on prices (T&C's apply) and for all other special offers please check Orchards website for all details.
- Accessible Bedrooms - See Sovereign Caravan specifications.
- Disabled persons toilet - See Sovereign Caravan specifications. Our facilities centre also has accessible facilities.
- Wheelchair user accessible - The Sovereign Caravan is designed for people in wheelchairs (assisted only) and people with walking difficulties.
- Food Shop on site - open everyday from 0800-1200 & 1600-1800hrs. Stocks everyday groceries, wine, beer and gifts at competative prices
- Ice Pack Freezing - Deposit system to hire frozen ice packs
- Take away food - Take away is usually open everyday from 1700hrs to 2000hrs. Open longer hours busy periods.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - no minimum age
- Children's play area - Play area for over 5 and under 5 year olds.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available - Holiday caravans only. Highchairs charges at £1 per chair per night.
- Outdoor children’s play area
- Calor/Camping Gaz purchase/exchange service
- Chemical disposal point
- Chemical toilet disposal facilities
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Dedicated motor vehicle waste disposal point
- Dogs welcome - Holiday Caravans dogs accepted in Gala, Braeburn, Sovereign and Pippin Caravans £5 per dog per night. Camping/Touing 2 dogs free extra dogs charged at £2 per dog per night.
- Drinking water supply
- Electrical hook-up points - Touring/Camping 10 amp supply. Included in price
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged - Holiday Caravans ferry booking service at competative prices. Camping/Touring packages from all ferry ports available.
- Gas cylinder exchange - gas exchange available in shop
- Grass pitches
- Hard standing pitches
- Latest arrival time (24 hr clock) - We do not accept arrivals before 0800 hrs and after 2200hrs.
- Launderette - Washing and Drying Machines. Spin Dryer, Hand washing sinks
- Licensed for alcohol - off licence in shop
- Linen included - Holiday caravans only; Linen provided free of charge for number of persons occupying caravan.
- Linen provided - Holiday caravans: Linen provided free of charge for number of persons booked into unit
- Mains service pitches available - Water serviced hardstanding pitches with water and waste water on the pitch
- Open on bank holidays
- Park and facilities limited to members - Only persons staying on park and local members may use park facilities.
- Pets accepted by arrangement - Holiday Caravans dogs accepted in Gala, Braeburn, Sovereign and Pippin Caravans £5 per dog per night. Camping/Touing 2 dogs free extra dogs charged at £2 per dog per night.
- Pets welcome
- Prior Booking Recommended - Pre-booking recommended. No walk-in booking accepted in holiday caravans.
- Public Telephone
- Rallies welcome - Please contact Debbie on 01983 531331.
- Shower block
- Toilet Block
- Tumble dryer
- Waste Disposal Point
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - 2 pubs approx 1.5 miles
- Games room - Table tennis and Pool room
- Golf Course close by
- Indoor heated pool - Open everyday usually from 0830hrs to 1800hrs. Adults only sessions usually every morning from 0830 to 0900.
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor heated pool
- Outdoor pool
- Snooker / Pool table
- Swimming Pool
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Nearest regular bus service (every hour)20 mins walk away. From Sunday 4th May the No7 bus will stop outside the park entrance and will run every hour.
- Free parking - Holiday caravans have car park. Camping Touring parking on pitch
- On Site Car Parking
- Parking next to pitch - Camping/Touring parking on pitch.
- Cash Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks - Holiday Caravans: Monday to Friday breaks available please telephone us on 01983 531331 or visit website for details. Camping/Touring arrival anyday to anyday minimum 3 nights for forward bookings. Last minute 1 or 2 nights available.
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks - Holiday Caravans: Friday to Monday breaks available please telephone us on 01983 531331 or visit website for details. Camping/Touring arrival anyday to anyday. Forward bookings minimum 3 nights. Last minute 1 or 2 nights avaialble.
- Countryside Setting - Set in the beautiful West Wight close to an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- In countryside - views of surrounding beautiful scenery from most vans and pitches
Room / Unit Features
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all units - Digital LCD in lounge of caravan.
- Digital TV - Holiday Caravans: Digital Television and dvd player in lounge.
- DVD player all rooms
- Electricity Charges Included - No meters in holiday caravans or on Camping Touring pitches.
- Gas Charges Included - Holiday Caravans gas included in price.
- Microwave in all units
- Pets accepted in some units - Holiday Caravans: Pets accepted in Gala, Braeburn, Sovereign and Pippin Caravans. Max 2 per unit. Charged at £5 per dog per night Camping/Touring: 2 dogs free extra dogs charged at £2 per dog per night.
- Camping and Caravanning Club non members welcome
- Caravan Club non members welcome - Caravan club members can claim £2 per night discount if not claimed other offers/discounts/reductions.
- Cyclists welcome - Amazing cycle routes from the park. Cycles are not permitted to be ridden around the Park.
- Short breaks available - Holiday Caravans: Monday to Friday or Friday to Monday breaks available please telephone us on 01983 531331 or visit website for details. Camping/Touring arrival anyday to anyday minimum 3 nights for forward bookings. Last minute 1 or 2 nights available.
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Room / Unit Features: Orchard House
- Ironing facilities in all units
- Washing Machine
Map & Directions
From Yarmouth, take the A3054 to Newport, after 3 miles turn right at the Horse and Groom Inn. Follow signs to Newbridge. From East Cowes or Fishbourne follow signs to Newport and then follow signs to Yarmouth on A3054 after approximately 6 miles pass through Shalfleet village. After further half mile turn left at Horse and Groom Inn. Follow signs to Newbridge.
Public Transport Directions
From Sunday 4th May 2014 the No.7 bus passes the park entrance every hour from Yarmouth or Newport.
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to 7 to Newbridge
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 to Newport and change to No. 7 to Newbridge
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Newbridge.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 5 AA Pennants Holiday Park
- David Bellamy Conservation Awards - David Bellamy Gold 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2016
- AA Associate Member - AA Campsite of the year 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Caravan Club Affiliated Site 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Best of British Member 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Loo of the Year - Platinum 2015
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Top 100 Sites - overall winner 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Top 100 Sites - Best Family Site 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Top 100 Sites - Finalist 2017
|Open (1 Apr 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
|Closed (1 Nov 2019 - 31 Mar 2020)|
|Closed (1 Nov 2019 - 31 Mar 2020)|