UPDATE - Tom's Eco Lodge is open during lockdown for essential stays.
The safety of our customers and staff is our highest priority and whilst we aim for your visit with us to be as ‘normal’ as possible, additional hygiene and safety measures, in line with Government guidelines, have been put in place, for everyone’s peace of mind. Please see our website for details.
Booking with confidence. 100% refund guarantee on all holiday bookings. T&Cs apply, please see website for full details.
See Autumn/Winter Offers on this page below.
Award-winning Tom’s Eco Lodge takes glamping to the next level with 5 beautiful Safari Tents, 2 Wooden Cabins, 2 Modulogs, 2 Eco Pods and 5 Geodesic Domes – all nestled away in the glorious surroundings of Tapnell Farm.
Stunning sea views, space to roam and sandy beaches nearby, create the perfect farm stay for an adventurous family holiday, relaxing group get-together or even a romantic hideaway. You can even book the whole place for a celebration!
No need to venture far either – on site we have our own The Cow Restaurant & Bar, all weather Farm Park attraction and Aqua Park (seasonal).
NEW Geodesic Domes - opening May, available to book now!
Five new luxury Geodesic Domes, complete with en-suite facilities, will be opening at Tapnell Farm in May and available all year round. Set apart from Tom’s Eco Lodge glamping accommodation but nestled in the beautiful countryside surroundings of Tapnell Farm, the Domes will provide high quality glamping accommodation and command the most amazing sea views out across the Solent to Lymington, and stunning sunsets.
Each Dome sleeps up to six people and provides home comforts in a relaxed setting with an open plan living/sleeping area, with dividing wall for the bunk room. The main king size four poster bed is the centrepiece of the room which includes a cosy lounge area with log burner. The en-suite bathroom and kitchenette are in the adjoining extension. Outside, each Dome has its own private area with BBQ and campfire to relax and enjoy the stunning views and sunsets. Two of the Domes also have a wood burning tub.
The Domes are just a short five-minute stroll across the field to all Farm amenities including The Cow Restaurant, Farm Park attraction, Aqua Park and bike hire shed.
Safari Tents – Sleeping 6 + 2
The Safari Tents are set into Tapnell spinney, at the heart of Tapnell Farm. The woodland (spinney) gives the lodges shelter from the prevailing south-west wind, while the site has panoramic views of sea and rural landscape. On clear evenings the sunset is spectacular and absence of light pollution means the sky is dense with stars.
Enjoy delicious meals together, cooked on your own log burning range cooker, BBQ, camp fire or communal pizza oven. Really comfy beds with electric blankets offer a peaceful night’s rest and your own private shower and bathroom add home comfort and privacy. There is also electricity for lighting and plug sockets to charge your phone. Tents 1 and 5 also benefit from an outside hot-filled bath tub!
Each Safari Tent has:
• Comfy sofas and a games compendium
• Private hot shower & separate WC
• Decked terrace to sit back and relax on Dining Table & chairs
• Really Comfy Beds with electric blankets
• Complimentary Wifi
• Electricity & lighting
• Fire Pits
Wooden Cabins – Sleeping 8 + 2
Each Cabin is insulated with heating and will sleep up to 10 guests in three private bedrooms. There is also a comfy double sofa bed in the open plan living area. Each room looks out to breath-taking views across the West Wight towards the famous Tennyson Downs, Monument and Freshwater Bay.
Each cabin also has:
• Bedrooms: 1 double, 1 twin, 1 bunk room (2 bunk/4 singles)
• Memory Foam Mattresses
• Family bathroom
• Family Shower room
• Open plan living area with fully equipped kitchen, dining table and sofa bed
• Kitchen- Fridge, Freezer, Extractor Oven, Dishwasher, Washing Machine
• Decked BBQ Terrace with outdoor seating
• Complimentary Wifi
Modulogs – Sleeping 4 + 2
The Modulogs are half way between an Eco Pod and a Safari Tent- perfect for a family of 4 or 2 couples, with 2 bedrooms that can be a double or a twin. There is also a double sofa bed in the lounge area. They also benefit from a wood burning stove and an outside hot-filled bath tub with views over the rolling countryside and stunning sunsets
Each Modulog also has:
• Bedrooms: 2 double/ twin and 1 sofa bed
• Memory foam mattresses
• Family shower room
• Separate toilet room
• Open plan kitchen/ dining living area with log burning stove
• Kitchen- Oven/ Microwave Combi, fridge, kettle, toaster, belfast sink
• Decked BBQ terrace with outdoor seating and outdoor hot-filled bath tub and fire pit
• Complimentary Wifi
Pods – Sleeping 2 + 2
Each pod has breath-taking sea views across the rural countryside. The creatively designed pods are perfect for a couple with a double bed or small family as they also have a sofa bed to sleep another 2 if required.
• Double bed Double sofa bed
• Table and chairs
• Mini kitchen including fridge, microwave, double hob & space saving sink
• Private shower room Memory foam mattresses
• Complimentary Wifi
• Decked Patio
• Terrace with BBQ
• Fire Pits
• Outdoor hot-filled bath tub included with Safari Tents 1 & 5. Hot tub hire available for other accommodation.
• The Cow Restaurant & Bar is open 12noon - 9pm (summer). Please see website for autumn/winter opening times.
• Communal Pizza Oven
• Honesty Shed with essentials for convenience
• Bike hire and delivery
• Collect Your Own Eggs for Breakfast
• Tapnell Farm Park all weather family attraction and Isle of Wight Aqua Park on site
OTHER FARM ACCOMMODATION:
* Tapnell Manor - sleeps up to 26, this is a large manor with a modern feel whilst maintaining the rustic appeal of an old farmhouse. Set between two working dairy farms, with views to Tennyson Down and the Solent you will find yourself surrounded by natural beauty and grazing cows.
* Dairyman's Cottage - this cottage sleeps up to 10, and is the perfect for a family or groups. The cottage is situated on Tapnell Farm which boasts spectacular views over the west of the Isle of Wight towards Tennyson downs and Freshwater Bay.
* East Afton Farmhouse - sleeps up to 19, this impressive 1700s farmhouse with adjoining annex, is located next to an area of outstanding natural beauty, on the site of the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 25th Jan 2021
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 26th Jan 2021
- No. of Nights:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Tom's Eco Lodges||£625.00 per unit per week|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Tom's Eco Lodge Video
- Tapnell Farm Video
- Tom's Eco Lodge Video Tour
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice award 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* Tom's Eco Lodge is open all year except the Safari Tents and Geodesic Domes that are closed between November and March.