|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult ticket||£3.75 per ticket|
|Child ticket||£2.75 per ticket|
|Concession ticket||£3.25 per ticket|
|Family ticket||£11.00 per ticket|
20% discount given to English Heritage Members
Newport Roman Villa is set to re-open on Monday 3rd August.
For up-to-date information please visit the website.
When the owners of a nearby house sank new foundations for a garage in 1926, they discovered something that they found to be unusual. It was the site of a Roman farmhouse that had been built around the year 280 AD. Subsequent excavations revealed that this was a major find and told archaeologists more about the Roman way of life on the Isle of Wight. The Romans were fine designers and engineers and this is reflected in the remains of the villa, much of which is still in excellent condition. The hypocaust system graphically displays the famed Roman central heating and the villa even has the remains of a Roman bath which is in very good condition. The restoration team has painstakingly recreated scenes within the villa, and also outside by recreating a Roman herb garden as it would have been nearly 2000 years ago. Education room with family activities. Free quiz sheet for children.
1st April - 29th September:
* April, May, June and September: Monday - Saturday, 10.30am - 3.30pm (last entry - closes 4pm)
* July and August: 7 days a week including Sundays, 10.30am - 4pm (last entry - closes 4.30pm)
Tel 01983 823433 for group bookings all year by appointment.
School parties and groups are welcome. Tel 01983 823433 for school and group bookings all year by appointment.
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
The Island easiest family cycle trail runs between Newport and Sandown/Shanklin. Grab your toga cycling gear and follow the Red Squirrel Trail from Newport roman villa to Barding Roman Villa. Two villas in one day. Carry out a Roman real estate inspection. Get the kids to score each villa- who had the best mosaics, underfloor heating and servants quarters? You be the judge. Arrive in a toga on a bike to get 30% off admission price at Newport Roman Villa.
* Newport Villa curator Corina Westwood 8234330 (re offer) - http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/newport-roman-villa-p152081
* Brading Roman Villa - http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/brading-roman-villa-p145011
* Red Squirrel Trail map - http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/bicycle-island/red-squirrel-trail
* Bus info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Interactive displays closed
- One way system
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- All weather attraction
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- LGBT Friendly
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended - Please phone 01983 529720 on the morning of your visit to secure your slot
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
Parking & Transport
- On street parking only
- Indoor Attraction
- No smoking
- No Smoking Attraction
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun - Free activity pack provided and family trail
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens - Free guide notes provided
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Open (6 Apr 2020 - 28 Sept 2020)|
* Open Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays 10.30am - 2.30pm (until the 30 September)
Booking advised please phone 01983 529720 on the morning of your visit to secure your slot.