|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult ticket||£3.75 per ticket|
|Child ticket||£2.75 per ticket|
|Concession ticket||£3.25 per ticket|
|Family ticket||£11.00 per ticket|
20% discount given to English Heritage Members
Newport Roman Villa is now closed for the 2020 season, reopening at Easter in 2021.
For up-to-date information please visit the website.
When the owners of a nearby house sank new foundations for a garage in 1926, they discovered something that they found to be unusual. It was the site of a Roman farmhouse that had been built around the year 280 AD. Subsequent excavations revealed that this was a major find and told archaeologists more about the Roman way of life on the Isle of Wight. The Romans were fine designers and engineers and this is reflected in the remains of the villa, much of which is still in excellent condition. The hypocaust system graphically displays the famed Roman central heating and the villa even has the remains of a Roman bath which is in very good condition. The restoration team has painstakingly recreated scenes within the villa, and also outside by recreating a Roman herb garden as it would have been nearly 2000 years ago. Education room with family activities. Free quiz sheet for children.
Tel 01983 823433 for group bookings all year by appointment.
School parties and groups are welcome. Tel 01983 823433 for school and group bookings all year by appointment.
- Guide Dogs Permitted
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- 2m distancing in place
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Hygiene screens in place
- Interactive displays closed
- One way system
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions
- Queuing system
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- All weather attraction
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- LGBT Friendly
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended - Please phone 01983 529720 on the morning of your visit to secure your slot
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
Parking & Transport
- On street parking only
- Indoor Attraction
- No smoking
- No Smoking Attraction
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun - Free activity pack provided and family trail
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens - Free guide notes provided
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website at www.islandbuses.info/
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Opening - to be confirmed (27 Mar 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|
* Now closed for 2020 season, reopening at Easter in 2021.
Booking advised please phone 01983 529720 on the morning of your visit to secure your slot.