|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£15.00 per ticket|
|Child Ticket (5-15 Yrs)||£9.00 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£13.50 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 Adults & 3 Children)||£39.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Osborne House, Queen Victoria’s family home, is one of the most popular tourist attractions on the Isle of Wight. After first visiting Osborne, Queen Victoria wrote: 'It is impossible to imagine a prettier spot'.
• Victorian opulence and extravagant interiors
• Stunning Indian décor of the Durbar Room
• Private apartments including the Queen’s bedroom, nursery rooms and royal bathrooms
• The Swiss Cottage - chalet built for the royal children
• Extensive grounds - stunning views across the Solent
• A Victorian Walled Garden
• Hothouses containing exotic plants
• A delightful restaurant and café
Don't forget to check out our extensive events at www.english-heritage.org.uk/events or call 0870 3331181 for more information.
Prices may vary at special events.
Address: York Avenue, East Cowes, Isle of Wight, Hants PO32 6JX.
Tel: 01983 200022
1 mile south east of East Cowes.
YOUR WEDDING OR CORPORATE EVENT VENUE
When it comes to homes on the Isle of Wight, you won't find one more famous than Osborne House, owned by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. The island palace has seen royal weddings, romances and parties grace its rooms and gardens over the last 160 years and now you can write the next chapter in the story of this unique home, and begin your new life together where one of greatest love stories played out.
Complemented by stunning gardens and grounds, this magnificent Italianate ‘royal palace by the sea’ has nine unique locations throughout the estate for your wedding ceremony and reception. Choose from the Indian inspired state banqueting hall the Durbar Room, the Duchess of Kent Suite, with wonderful views over the terraces, or the Victoria Hall, Queen Victoria's private chapel with its beautiful stained glass windows. Alternatively, take full advantage of the stunning views across the Solent with an outdoor ceremony at Osborne. The lavishly restored Belvedere and Lower terrace frame your ceremony beautifully with the resplendent house on one side and clear views to the sea on the other. The Walled Garden, however, will ensure you ceremony is filled with floral fragrances from Prince Albert’s 18th-century gardens. Our final ceremony locations are perhaps the most unique of all, as you can have your ceremony in Queen Victoria’s Alcove or on the Veranda at the café on the private beach at Osborne.
After saying ‘I do’, celebrate with a drinks reception in any of our ceremony locations before the celebrations truly begin with your reception. Emulate Queen Victoria with a marquee on the beach or the lawn as you dine and dance under the stars. For more intimate receptions, any of our indoor ceremony locations make the ideal backdrop with decadent rooms filled with gifts of love exchanged between the royal couple
Osborne is also the perfect venue for your meetings or Corporate Event, surrounded by history and beauty. To find out more details for your wedding or event visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/osborneweddings or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can speak directly with a member of staff - call (01983) 203055 – we look forward to hearing from you, and help you plan your perfect event.
As Osborne offers a real insight into the private lives of Queen Victoria and her family it enables educational groups to cover many aspects of the curriculum in a fun and engaging way. There are various options available for visits. For more information please visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/education or call 0370 333 0606 or email email@example.com
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES
If you are on your bike take the way marked Taste Round the Island Cycle Route from Wootton or East Cowes and diverts off at Beatrice Avenue to Osborne house the home of Queen Victoria. A day ride to this English Heritage site.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/bicycle-island/taste-round-the-island-route
* Bus Route - 4 or 5. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Accessible Lift - To first floor
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Catering for groups
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area
- All weather attraction
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - Queen Victoria's private beach
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Grazing Paddock for horses
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol - In the Terrace Restaurant
- Marquee Space Available
- Meeting rooms
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Green Transport - On bus routes, bike stands available. Walk from East Cowes ferry is 20 minutes
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Approx length of visit - 3 - 4 hours
- Groups Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Visa accepted
- Indoor Attraction - Osborne House and Swiss Cottage
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction - Garden, grounds and beach
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals - Winter guided tours only
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 11
Map & Directions
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3021 to East Cowes.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde, A3021 to East Cowes.
Public Transport Directions
Train; Ryde Esplanade 7 miles, Wootton (IOW Steam railway) 3miles.
Bus; Southern Vectis 4, Ryde E Cowes, 5 Newport – E Cowes.
Ferry; Ferry East Cowes 1 ½ miles (Wightlink 08713761000) (Hovertravel (023) 9281 1000 ) ( Red Funnel -0844 844 9988).
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good1203
- Kate LBexleyheath, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyInteresting to learn about Victoria & Albert in their 200th birthday year, so much to do here!Saturday, 15th June 2019We arrived at 3:30pm (last day of holiday, Carisbrooke Castle in morning, then lunch, then Osborn) but wish we'd given it longer as there was so much to see and we ended up rushing and not getting to... Read full review
- 127helenpTrip Type:CouplesPoorly lit art gallery!Sunday, 16th June 2019Been wanting to visit Osborne House for many years, living in Portsmouth & Southampton I am surprised it has taken me so long. I was terribly disappointed though, we went on a sunny, but windy day... Read full review
- David HNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayVisitMonday, 17th June 2019Okay interesting staff very nollagable but very crowded and full of school children.many elderly finding it difficult to get about.due to overcrowded. Read full review
|Summer 2019 (1 Apr 2019 - 30 Sept 2019)|
|October 2019 (1 Oct 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
|November 2019 (1 Nov 2019 - 14 Nov 2019)|
|Nov/Dec 2019 (15 Nov 2019 - 23 Dec 2019)|
|Dec '18 (24 Dec 2019 - 26 Dec 2019)|
|February Half Term (20 Feb 2020 - 24 Feb 2020)|
|Spring 2020 (1 Mar 2020 - 31 Mar 2020)|