|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£15.20 per ticket|
|Child Ticket (5-15 Yrs)||£9.10 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£13.70 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (1 Adult & Up To 3 Children)||£24.30 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 Adults & 3 Children)||£39.50 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Osborne is now open. You will need to book your timed tickets in advance. Tickets are available to book on the English Heritage website. Please ensure you bring your booking confirmation when you visit as you will not be able to enter Osborne without this. If you're a Member your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance.
The Osborne gardens and grounds including the beach woodland walk and terraces are fully open. The beach cafe is open for takeaway service offering snacks and refreshments. An outdoor takeaway service offering refreshments is also be available on the Durbar lawn.
The ground floor of the house will be open from the 1st August with social distancing measures in place. The Grand corridor, State Rooms and Durbar Wing will be open as usual with a one-way system in place, but some areas including the Exhibition Room, Council Room Corridor and Table Deckers will be closed to ensure social distancing.
From the 18th July take your family on a free fun adventure quest with a historical twist. To download the trail map visit the English Heritage website.
Swiss Cottage and museum are closed. Playgrounds are closed.
The shop is open with a one-way system in place.
Toilets are available in the gardens. Additional hand sanitising stations are available in various locations. Face coverings must be worn in Osborne's indoor shop, cafe or tea room, therefore please bring your own face covering.
For more information please visit the English Heritage website.
Osborne House, Queen Victoria’s family home, is one of the most popular tourist attractions on the Isle of Wight. After first visiting Osborne, Queen Victoria wrote: 'It is impossible to imagine a prettier spot'.
• Victorian opulence and extravagant interiors
• Stunning Indian décor of the Durbar Room
• Private apartments including the Queen’s bedroom, nursery rooms and royal bathrooms
• The Swiss Cottage - chalet built for the royal children
• Extensive grounds - stunning views across the Solent
• A Victorian Walled Garden
• Hothouses containing exotic plants
• A delightful restaurant and café
Don't forget to check out our extensive events at www.english-heritage.org.uk/events or call 0870 3331181 for more information.
Prices may vary at special events.
Address: York Avenue, East Cowes, Isle of Wight, Hants PO32 6JX.
Tel: 01983 200022
1 mile south east of East Cowes.
YOUR WEDDING OR CORPORATE EVENT VENUE
When it comes to homes on the Isle of Wight, you won't find one more famous than Osborne House, owned by Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. The island palace has seen royal weddings, romances and parties grace its rooms and gardens over the last 160 years and now you can write the next chapter in the story of this unique home, and begin your new life together where one of greatest love stories played out.
Complemented by stunning gardens and grounds, this magnificent Italianate ‘royal palace by the sea’ has nine unique locations throughout the estate for your wedding ceremony and reception. Choose from the Indian inspired state banqueting hall the Durbar Room, the Duchess of Kent Suite, with wonderful views over the terraces, or the Victoria Hall, Queen Victoria's private chapel with its beautiful stained glass windows. Alternatively, take full advantage of the stunning views across the Solent with an outdoor ceremony at Osborne. The lavishly restored Belvedere and Lower terrace frame your ceremony beautifully with the resplendent house on one side and clear views to the sea on the other. The Walled Garden, however, will ensure you ceremony is filled with floral fragrances from Prince Albert’s 18th-century gardens. Our final ceremony locations are perhaps the most unique of all, as you can have your ceremony in Queen Victoria’s Alcove or on the Veranda at the café on the private beach at Osborne.
After saying ‘I do’, celebrate with a drinks reception in any of our ceremony locations before the celebrations truly begin with your reception. Emulate Queen Victoria with a marquee on the beach or the lawn as you dine and dance under the stars. For more intimate receptions, any of our indoor ceremony locations make the ideal backdrop with decadent rooms filled with gifts of love exchanged between the royal couple.
Osborne is also the perfect venue for your meetings or Corporate Event, surrounded by history and beauty. For more information please view the Corporate Hire Brochure within the 'Downloads' section of this web page.
For further queries regarding weddings or events visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/osborneweddings or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can speak directly with a member of staff - call (01983) 203055 – we look forward to hearing from you, and help you plan your perfect event.
As Osborne offers a real insight into the private lives of Queen Victoria and her family it enables educational groups to cover many aspects of the curriculum in a fun and engaging way. There are various options available for visits. For more information please visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/education or call 0370 333 0606 or email email@example.com
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES
If you are on your bike take the way marked Taste Round the Island Cycle Route from Wootton or East Cowes and diverts off at Beatrice Avenue to Osborne house the home of Queen Victoria. A day ride to this English Heritage site.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/bicycle-island/taste-round-the-island-route
* Bus Route - 4 or 5. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Accessible Lift - To first floor
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Catering for groups
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Outdoor children’s play area
- All weather attraction
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - Queen Victoria's private beach
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Conference facilities
- Event Venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Grazing Paddock for horses
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol - In the Terrace Restaurant
- Marquee Space Available
- Meeting rooms
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Team / Corporate Activities
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Green Transport - On bus routes, bike stands available. Walk from East Cowes ferry is 20 minutes
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Approx length of visit - 3 - 4 hours
- Groups Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Visa accepted
- Indoor Attraction - Osborne House and Swiss Cottage
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction - Garden, grounds and beach
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals - Winter guided tours only
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 11
Map & Directions
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3021 to East Cowes.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde, A3021 to East Cowes.
Public Transport Directions
Train; Ryde Esplanade 7 miles, Wootton (IOW Steam railway) 3miles.
Bus; Southern Vectis 4, Ryde E Cowes, 5 Newport – E Cowes.
Ferry; Ferry East Cowes 1 ½ miles (Wightlink 08713761000) (Hovertravel (023) 9281 1000 ) ( Red Funnel -0844 844 9988).
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good1305
- Vicki WSurbiton, United KingdomBeautiful House and beach well worth a visit!Wednesday, 12th August 2020We loved Osborne House but just a shame only part of the ground floor was open due to Covid 19. So we didn’t have access to the upper floor. But really glad we made the effort to walk down to the... Read full review
- 170lorrainebGloucester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRetirementWednesday, 12th August 2020What an amazing place just a shame only the ground floor is open at the moment which is such a shame as would have loved to have seen the whole house. The beach is lovely and really peaceful would... Read full review
- Relax819893Rip offWednesday, 12th August 2020Disappointed paid £17 to go in the house OAP rate.We new the upstairs was closed own to covid.We were only let into the dining room and the games room we saw a fiction of the house but paid full... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
|Summer 2020 - see below (1 Apr 2020 - 30 Sept 2020)|
|October 2020 (1 Oct 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|November 2020 (1 Nov 2020 - 14 Nov 2020)|
|Nov/Dec 2020 (15 Nov 2020 - 23 Dec 2020)|
|Dec (24 Dec 2020 - 26 Dec 2020)|
|February Half Term (20 Feb 2021 - 24 Feb 2021)|
|Spring 2021 - see below (1 Mar 2021 - 31 Mar 2021)|