|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£8.80 per ticket|
|Child Ticket (5-15 Yrs)||£5.20 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£7.90 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 Adults & 3 Children)||£22.80 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Famous for its donkeys and as a royal prison to Charles I and now the location of the stunning new Edwardian-style Princess Beatrice Garden.
• Enjoy the birds-eye view from the castle keep and walk around the battlements.
• Delight in the demonstrations of the donkeys working the 16th century treadwheel.
• Relax in the Princess Beatrice Garden, designed by TV presenter and award-winning garden designer, Chris Beardshaw.
• See history brought to life with the fun and dramatic film.
• Dress up as a soldier, experiment with armour and discover how to fire cannons.
• Experience the tranquillity of the castle chapel, and visit the Carisbrooke Castle
• Accredited local history museum run by an independent Charitable Trust with its fascinating Charles I memorabilia and new World War 1 exhibition
Address: Newport, Isle of Wight, Hants PO30 1XY.
Tel: 01983 522107
Direction: 1½ miles south west of Newport
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - Carisbrooke Castle brings the curriculum to life and covers multiple topics. There are various options available for visits. For more information please visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/education or call 0370 333 0606 or email email@example.com
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
If you are fit enough to scale the down land on your mountain bike what’s one more hill up to Carisbrooke castle? The castle is near the islands most challenging off road mountain bike route, a 50 mile trail, called the Chalk Ridge Extreme. Have a rest and let the donkeys take the strain in their donkey powered water winch and have a lie down in Charles the first’s bedroom in the castle museum.
*Bus Routes - 6, 7, 12, 38 or Island Coaster. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Disabled Parking
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Catering Provided
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome - On lead
- Event Venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Marquee Space Available
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Green Transport - Short walk (but uphill) from Carisbrooke and bus stops
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - Castle Museum within the castle
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 11
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 6,7,11,38 and the Medina Tour Open top service from Newport, West Wight and Ventnor, all to within a ¼ mile.
Ferry; West Cowes 5 miles, East Cowes 6 miles ( Red Funnel - 0844 844 9988) Fishbourne 6 miles, Ryde 8 miles Yarmouth 9 miles, (Wightlink 08713761000) (Hovertravel (023) 9281 1000 )
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good612
- j wWest Midlands, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSuperb castleSunday, 13th January 2019Only open 10-4 at weekends, no audio guides but information boards dotted around the site, all available rooms open, very interesting to walk around esp the museum, nice little cafe, we spent 4 hours... Read full review
- Terry BNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesCastleTuesday, 15th January 2019Really good visit. Site full of history and a wonderful walk around the ramparts and seeing the donkey wind the water wheel Read full review
- V1447OCheathergIsle of Wight, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA very quiet visit!Wednesday, 16th January 2019We went on a very quiet day at the beginning of January and had the place to ourselves. We enjoyed walking around the walls and seeing the views across the island and Newport. We loved meeting the... Read full review
|Winter 2017 (1 Nov 2018 - 19 Feb 2019)|
|February Half Term 2019 (20 Feb 2019 - 24 Feb 2019)|
|Spring 2019 (1 Mar 2019 - 31 Mar 2019)|
|Summer 2019 (1 Apr 2019 - 30 Sept 2019)|
|October 2019 (1 Oct 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)|
* 20th February 2017 - 24th February 2017: Open Everyday - 10:00 - 16:00Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change