|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£8.80 per ticket|
|Child Ticket (5-15 Yrs)||£5.20 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£7.90 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 Adults & 3 Children)||£22.80 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Famous for its donkeys and as a royal prison to Charles I and now the location of the stunning new Edwardian-style Princess Beatrice Garden.
• Enjoy the birds-eye view from the castle keep and walk around the battlements.
• Delight in the demonstrations of the donkeys working the 16th century treadwheel.
• Relax in the Princess Beatrice Garden, designed by TV presenter and award-winning garden designer, Chris Beardshaw.
• See history brought to life with the fun and dramatic film.
• Dress up as a soldier, experiment with armour and discover how to fire cannons.
• Experience the tranquillity of the castle chapel, and visit the Carisbrooke Castle
• Accredited local history museum run by an independent Charitable Trust with its fascinating Charles I memorabilia and new World War 1 exhibition
Address: Newport, Isle of Wight, Hants PO30 1XY.
Tel: 01983 522107
Direction: 1½ miles south west of Newport
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - Carisbrooke Castle brings the curriculum to life and covers multiple topics. There are various options available for visits. For more information please visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/education or call 0370 333 0606 or email email@example.com
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
If you are fit enough to scale the down land on your mountain bike what’s one more hill up to Carisbrooke castle? The castle is near the islands most challenging off road mountain bike route, a 50 mile trail, called the Chalk Ridge Extreme. Have a rest and let the donkeys take the strain in their donkey powered water winch and have a lie down in Charles the first’s bedroom in the castle museum.
*Bus Routes - 6, 7, 12, 38 or Island Coaster. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - Castle Museum within the castle
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Disabled Parking
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Green Transport - Short walk (but uphill) from Carisbrooke and bus stops
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Catering Provided
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- All weather attraction
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome - On lead
- Event Venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Marquee Space Available
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 11
- Out of Hours Visits
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 6,7,11,38 and the Medina Tour Open top service from Newport, West Wight and Ventnor, all to within a ¼ mile.
Ferry; West Cowes 5 miles, East Cowes 6 miles ( Red Funnel - 0844 844 9988) Fishbourne 6 miles, Ryde 8 miles Yarmouth 9 miles, (Wightlink 08713761000) (Hovertravel (023) 9281 1000 )
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good517
- paulm1002016St Neots, United KingdomTrip Type:Couplesfascinating building and history - EH at their best.Saturday, 23rd September 2017There is a lot more to this castle than would seem at first sight; we wandered around the walls and buildings, had an excellent coffee in the cafe and saw a donkey work a treadmill to raise water... Read full review
- markH8236GXEssex, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesInteresting place and great views of surrounding countrysideFriday, 22nd September 2017Quite a lot to see around the castle and great views of the surrounding countryside from the wall walkways and tower. Be sure to visit the museum as well. The garden was billed as a main feature but... Read full review
- sarah wPaisley, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyLove itThursday, 21st September 2017This was my 4th visit. I love the history and the silence (until the schools turn up). This castle brings entertains all. In the Museum there are old toys and various historical artefacts. No visit... Read full review
|Summer 2017 (1 Apr 2017 - 30 Sept 2017)|
|October 2017 (1 Oct 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|
|Winter 2017 (1 Nov 2017 - 19 Feb 2018)|
|February Half Term 2018 (20 Feb 2018 - 24 Feb 2018)|
|Spring 2018 (1 Mar 2018 - 31 Mar 2018)|
* 20th February 2017 - 24th February 2017: Open Everyday - 10:00 - 16:00Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change