|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£11.30 per ticket|
|Child Ticket (5-15 Yrs)||£6.80 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£10.20 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (1 Adult & Up To 3 Children)||£18.10 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 Adults & 3 Children)||£29.40 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Carisbrooke Castle will open on the 4th July. You will need to book your timed tickets in advance. Tickets are available to book on the English Heritage website. Please ensure you bring your booking confirmation when you visit as you will not be able to enter Carisbrooke Castle without this. If you're a Member your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance.
The castle grounds will be open with one-way systems in place. The castle's Guardhouse, offering an introduction to the site and its history will be open. The wheel and well house will be open to view but demonstrations will not be taking place. Instead you can meet the donkeys in the Stable Yard. Some small indoor spaces including the well house, castle chapel and museum will be closed. The castle tea room will be closed, however there will be alternative outdoor catering arrangements available for takeaway hot drinks and cakes. The castle's smaller shop within the grounds will be open using a one-way system. The main shop will be closed. The toilet facilities will be open and additional hand sanitising stations will be available in various locations. For more information please visit the English Heritage website.
Famous for its donkeys and as a royal prison to Charles I and now the location of the stunning new Edwardian-style Princess Beatrice Garden.
• Enjoy the birds-eye view from the castle keep and walk around the battlements.
• Delight in the demonstrations of the donkeys working the 16th century treadwheel.
• Relax in the Princess Beatrice Garden, designed by TV presenter and award-winning garden designer, Chris Beardshaw.
• See history brought to life with the fun and dramatic film.
• Dress up as a soldier, experiment with armour and discover how to fire cannons.
• Experience the tranquillity of the castle chapel, and visit the Carisbrooke Castle
• Accredited local history museum run by an independent Charitable Trust with its fascinating Charles I memorabilia and new World War 1 exhibition
Address: Newport, Isle of Wight, Hants PO30 1XY.
Tel: 01983 522107
Direction: 1½ miles south west of Newport
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - Carisbrooke Castle brings the curriculum to life and covers multiple topics. There are various options available for visits. For more information please visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/education or call 0370 333 0606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
If you are fit enough to scale the down land on your mountain bike what’s one more hill up to Carisbrooke castle? The castle is near the islands most challenging off road mountain bike route, a 50 mile trail, called the Chalk Ridge Extreme. Have a rest and let the donkeys take the strain in their donkey powered water winch and have a lie down in Charles the first’s bedroom in the castle museum.
*Bus Routes - 6, 7, 12, 38 or Island Coaster. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Disabled Parking
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Catering Provided
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome - On lead
- Event Venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Marquee Space Available
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Green Transport - Short walk (but uphill) from Carisbrooke and bus stops
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - Castle Museum within the castle
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 11
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 6,7,11,38 and the Medina Tour Open top service from Newport, West Wight and Ventnor, all to within a ¼ mile.
Ferry; West Cowes 5 miles, East Cowes 6 miles ( Red Funnel - 0844 844 9988) Fishbourne 6 miles, Ryde 8 miles Yarmouth 9 miles, (Wightlink 08713761000) (Hovertravel (023) 9281 1000 )
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2020
- Very Good697
- JohnwpfSouthborough, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat viewsThursday, 6th August 2020The castle is no longer complete, but this adds to the ambiance. Due to covid-19 regulations some of the rooms were closed. The views from the wall walks are worth the entrance money alone. The... Read full review
- KrystinaA_12Poole, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyHighly RecommendMonday, 10th August 2020We have just visited this wonderful attraction and can honestly say it was a great day . There was four adults and three children and it was suitable for all of us . Very interesting , wonderful... Read full review
- mrslaurag86Newport Pagnell, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGreat viewsTuesday, 11th August 2020Great views from the castle of the surrounding countryside. The castle didn’t have much open due to covid 19 however it was still worth a visit here. Beatrice’s garden was pretty. Really nice walk... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
|Summer 2020 - see below (1 Apr 2020 - 30 Sept 2020)|
|October 2020 (1 Oct 2020 - 31 Oct 2020)|
|Winter (1 Nov 2020 - 19 Feb 2021)|
|February Half Term 2021 (20 Feb 2021 - 24 Feb 2021)|
|Spring 2021 - see below (1 Mar 2021 - 31 Mar 2021)|