|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£11.30 per ticket|
|Child Ticket (5-15 Yrs)||£6.80 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£10.20 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (1 Adult & Up To 3 Children)||£18.10 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 Adults & 3 Children)||£29.40 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Book your visit in advance online.
Famous for its donkeys and as a royal prison to Charles I and now the location of the stunning new Edwardian-style Princess Beatrice Garden.
• Enjoy the birds-eye view from the castle keep and walk around the battlements.
• Delight in the demonstrations of the donkeys working the 16th century treadwheel.
• Relax in the Princess Beatrice Garden, designed by TV presenter and award-winning garden designer, Chris Beardshaw.
• See history brought to life with the fun and dramatic film.
• Dress up as a soldier, experiment with armour and discover how to fire cannons.
• Experience the tranquillity of the castle chapel, and visit the Carisbrooke Castle
• Accredited local history museum run by an independent Charitable Trust with its fascinating Charles I memorabilia and new World War 1 exhibition
Address: Newport, Isle of Wight, Hants PO30 1XY.
Tel: 01983 522107
Direction: 1½ miles south west of Newport
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - Carisbrooke Castle brings the curriculum to life and covers multiple topics. There are various options available for visits. For more information please visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/education or call 0370 333 0606 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
If you are fit enough to scale the down land on your mountain bike what’s one more hill up to Carisbrooke castle? The castle is near the islands most challenging off road mountain bike route, a 50 mile trail, called the Chalk Ridge Extreme. Have a rest and let the donkeys take the strain in their donkey powered water winch and have a lie down in Charles the first’s bedroom in the castle museum.
*Bus Routes - 6, 7, 12, 38 or Island Coaster. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Disabled Parking
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Catering Provided
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome - On lead
- Event Venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Marquee Space Available
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Green Transport - Short walk (but uphill) from Carisbrooke and bus stops
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - Castle Museum within the castle
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 11
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 6,7,11,38 and the Medina Tour Open top service from Newport, West Wight and Ventnor, all to within a ¼ mile.
Ferry; West Cowes 5 miles, East Cowes 6 miles ( Red Funnel - 0844 844 9988) Fishbourne 6 miles, Ryde 8 miles Yarmouth 9 miles, (Wightlink 08713761000) (Hovertravel (023) 9281 1000 )
For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good740
- newtraveller05Trip Type:CouplesDisasterMonday, 8th November 2021Awful Halloween haunted night paid £17 each for 40 minutes. Had someone telling us a story about a graveyard and then learned off staff it was the site of an old cafe. Couldn’t go inside due to... Read full review
- jenstarknight86Trip Type:FamilyGreat day outWednesday, 10th November 2021We had such a great day walking around the grounds of the castle. We went Al the way to the top & the views were amazing. The boys loved sitting on the cannons but the highlight had to be seeing the... Read full review
- ScottingtonEngland, United KingdomTrip to the Castle!Saturday, 20th November 2021We visited the castle while staying on the island for our holidays. It was a rainy day but we timed it right by walking the battlements while it was fine and then going inside the museum, cafe and... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open (29 Mar 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* 1st November 2021 - 23rd December 2021: Sat & Sun (10am - 4pm).
* Closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day.
* 26th December 2021 - 1st January 2022: Daily (10am - 4pm).
* 2nd January 2022 - 18th February 2022: Sat & Sun (10am - 4pm).
* 19th - 27th February 2022: Daily (10am - 4pm).
* 28th February 2022 - 31st March 2022: Wed - Sun (10am - 4pm).