|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£11.30 per ticket|
|Child Ticket (5-15 Yrs)||£6.80 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£10.20 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (1 Adult & Up To 3 Children)||£18.10 per ticket|
|Family Ticket (2 Adults & 3 Children)||£29.40 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Carisbrooke Castle is open and continues to be through Winter into 2021. Please see opening section on this page for specific opening days and times during the Winter. You will need to book your timed tickets in advance. Tickets are available to book on the English Heritage website. Please ensure you bring your booking confirmation when you visit as you will not be able to enter Carisbrooke Castle without this. If you're a Member your ticket will be free, but you still need to book in advance.
The castle grounds is open with one-way systems in place. The castle's Guardhouse, offering an introduction to the site and its history is open. The wheel and well house is open to view but demonstrations will not be taking place. Instead you can meet the donkeys in the Stable Yard. The Wheel House is open to allow viewing of the wheel but the Castle Chapel will be closed. The museum is open Thursday to Monday (11am - 3pm), for more information please visit the museum's website. The castle tea room is open for take-away drinks and cakes. The castle's smaller shop within the grounds is open using a one-way system. The main shop is closed. The toilet facilities are open and additional hand sanitising stations are available in various locations. Face coverings must be worn in the indoor shop, museum, cafe, tea room and all other indoor spaces, therefore please bring one with you.
For more information please visit the English Heritage website.
Famous for its donkeys and as a royal prison to Charles I and now the location of the stunning new Edwardian-style Princess Beatrice Garden.
• Enjoy the birds-eye view from the castle keep and walk around the battlements.
• Delight in the demonstrations of the donkeys working the 16th century treadwheel.
• Relax in the Princess Beatrice Garden, designed by TV presenter and award-winning garden designer, Chris Beardshaw.
• See history brought to life with the fun and dramatic film.
• Dress up as a soldier, experiment with armour and discover how to fire cannons.
• Experience the tranquillity of the castle chapel, and visit the Carisbrooke Castle
• Accredited local history museum run by an independent Charitable Trust with its fascinating Charles I memorabilia and new World War 1 exhibition
Address: Newport, Isle of Wight, Hants PO30 1XY.
Tel: 01983 522107
Direction: 1½ miles south west of Newport
EDUCATIONAL GROUPS - Carisbrooke Castle brings the curriculum to life and covers multiple topics. There are various options available for visits. For more information please visit www.english-heritage.org.uk/education or call 0370 333 0606 or email email@example.com
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
If you are fit enough to scale the down land on your mountain bike what’s one more hill up to Carisbrooke castle? The castle is near the islands most challenging off road mountain bike route, a 50 mile trail, called the Chalk Ridge Extreme. Have a rest and let the donkeys take the strain in their donkey powered water winch and have a lie down in Charles the first’s bedroom in the castle museum.
*Bus Routes - 6, 7, 12, 38 or Island Coaster. More info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Disabled Parking
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Catering Provided
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome - On lead
- Event Venue
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Marquee Space Available
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Green Transport - Short walk (but uphill) from Carisbrooke and bus stops
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Min group size - 11
- Special group rates
- Visa accepted
- In countryside
- Indoor Attraction - Castle Museum within the castle
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
- Some no smoking areas
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Min group size numeric qualifier - 11
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 6,7,11,38 and the Medina Tour Open top service from Newport, West Wight and Ventnor, all to within a ¼ mile.
Ferry; West Cowes 5 miles, East Cowes 6 miles ( Red Funnel - 0844 844 9988) Fishbourne 6 miles, Ryde 8 miles Yarmouth 9 miles, (Wightlink 08713761000) (Hovertravel (023) 9281 1000 )
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good717
- Tracy RKingston-upon-Hull, United KingdomAbsolutely Stunning ViewsThursday, 15th October 2020From entering the Attraction, the staff were brilliant! They did the safety talk, which was very well done. Then went on to advise on the various things to do and see at the Castle The castle... Read full review
- Fin2006Sunbury-On-Thames, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesPlenty to seeThursday, 15th October 2020The castle affords great views of the surrounding areas, it is well organised and has all Covid restrictions in place. Lots of steps to climb up to the surrounding wall and battlements, some steep in... Read full review
- ericb401Great Wakering, United KingdomNever again!Monday, 19th October 2020Visited the Isle of Wight in mid-September and one of our set days was a visit to Carisbrook Castle and Osbourne House. When we arrived at Carisbrook we found that it would have been helpful to take... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
|Open 2020 (1 Apr 2020 - 1 Nov 2020)|
|Winter 2020 (2 Nov 2020 - 23 Dec 2020)|
|Christmas/New Year 2020 (26 Dec 2020 - 1 Jan 2021)|
|Jan/Feb 2021 (2 Jan 2021 - 14 Feb 2021)|
|February Half Term 2021 (15 Feb 2021 - 21 Feb 2021)|
|February/March 2021 (22 Feb 2021 - 26 Mar 2021)|
* Closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day