Museum of Island History
Isle of Wight
Tel: +44 01983 521555
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£2.00 per ticket|
|Child Ticket||£1.20 per ticket|
|Family Ticket||£5.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Designed by John Nash and built in 1816, the historic Guildhall is home to the Museum of Island History.
Discover the Island from pre-historic past to the present day with:
* Touch Screen Computers.
* Hands on Exhibits.
* Quizzes and Games.
* Microscopic Exploration.
The museum has a small temporary exhibition gallery.
- In town/city centre
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled persons toilet
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- On street parking only
- Approx length of visit - 1 hour
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- All weather attraction
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- No Pets
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Cyclists welcome
- Information Point
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
- Guided Tours Available for Individuals
- Out of Hours Visits
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Opening (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Open Tuesday to Thursday 10:00-15:00 (last entry 15:00)Dates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change