|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Senior Citizen ticket||£4.00|
|2 + 2||£16.50|
|3 - 15 yrs||£4.00|
|Family 2+3||£19.50 per ticket|
|School Child (party min 10)||£3.50|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Dinosaur Isle is Britain's first purpose built dinosaur attraction just over the sea wall in Sandown where in a spectacularly shaped building reminiscent of a Pterosaur flying across the cretaceous skies you can walk back through fossilised time to the period of the dinosaurs 120 million years ago.
Set in amongst a recreated landscape you will meet life sized models of the Isle of Wight's famous five dinosaurs - NEOVENATOR, EOTYRANNUS, IGUANODON, HYPSILOPHODON and POLACANTHUS. Flying above you amongst the haunting sounds of a long lost forest are pterodactyls.
You will see dinosaur skeletons as they are found by the fossil hunters and can watch our volunteers preparing the latest exciting finds. At Dinosaur Isle you will be able to encounter the lost world of dinosaurs that once roamed freely across the Isle of Wight.
Amongst the many hands on interactives in the museum there is even a robotic dinosaur that you can control!
Quality Assured Visitor Attraction
The attraction can supply:
- Worksheet for teachers
- Worksheet for children
- Picnic area
- Guided Tours
- Coach parking
- Five to Eight year olds
- Eight To Twelve year olds
- Twelve to Sixteen year olds
- Sixteen plus
Related Curriculum Subjects:
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
Use the sandhopper community bus from Sandown every half hour on a Saturday for just £1 for an adult to get to the Islands Dinosaur museum. Travel back to the Jurassic period in one quick hop. Take the train from Shanklin and Ryde to connect with the sand hopper buss at Sandown station. The sand hopper bus provides that missing link connecting the rail to the museum.
* Sandhopper bus - http://isleofwightcrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Sandown-Sat-Rail-Bus-March-2014.pdf
* Other Bus Routes - 8, Downs Breezer or Island Coaster. More Info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Island line - http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/plan-your-visit/travel-information/island-line-p145701
- No smoking
- Accessible Lift
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted) - Only guide dogs allowed in buildings.
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - 3 designated bays for the disabled.
- Ramp/Level Access
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- On site parking
- Own car park (Fee Applies) - 1st April to 31st October Charges for 2011 are as follows -upto 4 hours £3.40 4 - 6 hours £4.50 6 - 8 hours £6.60
- Parking (charge) - Charges for 2011 are as follows - upto 4 hours £3.40 4 - 6 hours £4.50 6 - 8 hours £6.60
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Chilled soft drinks and confectionary are available in the Dinosaur Isle shop.
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available - Chilled soft drinks and confectionary are available in the Dinosaur Isle shop.
- All weather attraction
- Dogs admitted on a lead - Outside areas only.
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Meeting rooms
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
Public Transport Directions
From Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route.
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2, 3 or 8.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 Newport and change to No. 2, 3 or 8.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good283
- Dave TTrip Type:FamilyGood use of an hour..Wednesday, 14th February 2018Overall good use of an hour or so, the place isn’t very big, and at the start are lots of fossils, which didn’t wow our 5-year old as a first impression, however the main hall was very impressive... Read full review
- Jurassicduo287Trip Type:CouplesAmazing museumSunday, 11th February 2018Really enjoyed our visit to the dinosaur isle. Wasn't sure what to expect reading mixed reviews online etc but was impressed with realistic looking models and some really amazing fossils along with... Read full review
- fran hKingston-upon-Hull, United KingdomTrip Type:Familylast place to visitSaturday, 3rd February 2018we visited here just before leaving and we enjoyed it. there was a few hands on tings to do like fossil digging puzzles and rubbings. my boys fave bit was the robot dinosaur which you could have a... Read full review
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
|Winter (1 Nov 2017 - 31 Mar 2018)|
|Summer (1 Apr 2018 - 31 Aug 2018)|
|Autumn (1 Sept 2018 - 31 Oct 2018)|
* Please note that last admissions are 1 hour before stated closing times