|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Senior Citizen ticket||£4.00|
|2 + 2||£17.50|
|3 - 15 yrs||£5.00|
|Family 2+3||£20.50 per ticket|
|School Child (party min 10)||£3.50|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Dinosaur Isle is Britain's first purpose built dinosaur attraction just over the sea wall in Sandown where in a spectacularly shaped building reminiscent of a Pterosaur flying across the cretaceous skies you can walk back through fossilised time to the period of the dinosaurs 120 million years ago.
Set in amongst a recreated landscape you will meet life sized models of the Isle of Wight's famous five dinosaurs - NEOVENATOR, EOTYRANNUS, IGUANODON, HYPSILOPHODON and POLACANTHUS. Flying above you amongst the haunting sounds of a long lost forest are pterodactyls.
You will see dinosaur skeletons as they are found by the fossil hunters and can watch our volunteers preparing the latest exciting finds. At Dinosaur Isle you will be able to encounter the lost world of dinosaurs that once roamed freely across the Isle of Wight.
Amongst the many hands on interactives in the museum there is even a robotic dinosaur that you can control!
Quality Assured Visitor Attraction
The attraction can supply:
- Worksheet for teachers
- Worksheet for children
- Picnic area
- Guided Tours
- Coach parking
- Five to Eight year olds
- Eight To Twelve year olds
- Twelve to Sixteen year olds
- Sixteen plus
Related Curriculum Subjects:
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
Use the sandhopper community bus from Sandown every half hour on a Saturday for just £1 for an adult to get to the Islands Dinosaur museum. Travel back to the Jurassic period in one quick hop. Take the train from Shanklin and Ryde to connect with the sand hopper buss at Sandown station. The sand hopper bus provides that missing link connecting the rail to the museum.
* Sandhopper bus - http://isleofwightcrp.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Sandown-Sat-Rail-Bus-March-2014.pdf
* Other Bus Routes - 8, Downs Breezer or Island Coaster. More Info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Island line - http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/plan-your-visit/travel-information/island-line-p145701
- Accessible Lift
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted) - Only guide dogs allowed in buildings.
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - 3 designated bays for the disabled.
- Ramp/Level Access
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Chilled soft drinks and confectionary are available in the Dinosaur Isle shop.
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available - Chilled soft drinks and confectionary are available in the Dinosaur Isle shop.
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Dogs admitted on a lead - Outside areas only.
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Meeting rooms
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- On site parking
- Own car park (Fee Applies) - 1st April to 31st October Charges for 2011 are as follows -upto 4 hours £3.40 4 - 6 hours £4.50 6 - 8 hours £6.60
- Parking (charge) - Charges for 2011 are as follows - upto 4 hours £3.40 4 - 6 hours £4.50 6 - 8 hours £6.60
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Indoor Attraction
- No smoking
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good356
- lmt171Taunton, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyGood rainy day activityMonday, 13th September 2021We visited here on a rainy day, Facebook page states you need to book to go, but you can’t book online And Facebook messenger not monitored, & phone wasn’t answered so we went anyway hoping we would... Read full review
- 862jojomgood tripWednesday, 15th September 2021meet up with friends for this visit, very good place, informative for children, lots to see and learn. Read full review
- Fudge03Sussex, EnglandJust OKSaturday, 2nd October 2021It's my husband who's the dinosaur addict, not me, so I'm always a bit dubious about dinosaur museums, and this one did not challenge my expectations. Lots of information, some of it scarcely... Read full review
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
|Open (18 May 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Open (4 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* - September 2021 - June 2022 opening:
Tuesday to Saturday - 10am until 4pm (last admission at 3pm).
- Christmas opening:
Closed 24th - 28th December 2021.
Open 29th - 31st December 2021.
Closed 1st - 3rd January 2022.
Re-open on 4th January 2022.