|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|3 - 15 yrs||£5.00|
|Family (1 adult & 3 children)||£18.00 per ticket|
|Family (2 adults & 2 children)||£20.00|
|Family (2 adults & 3 children)||£24.00 per ticket|
|Student / Pensioner||£5.00 per ticket|
See website for group prices - https://www.dinosaurisle.com/visiting.html
Car parking charges Apply 1st April to 31st October
Up to 4 hours £5.20
4-6 hours £6.80
6-10 hours £10.00
Bring receipt to reception to claim your discount
Dinosaur Isle Museum is the start to your journey into the Island’s prehistoric past!
Britain's first purpose-built dinosaur attraction is just over the sea wall from Sandown’s blue flag beach. In the heart of the Isle of Wight UNESCO Biosphere Reserve the museum is a spectacular Pterosaur-shaped building soaring over Sandown Bay. It is also just a short walk to where the dinosaurs roamed 125 million years ago.
The museum is home to almost every newly discovered dinosaur from the UK, with many of the real bones on display. Set in amongst a recreated landscape you will meet life-sized models of the Isle of Wight's famous five dinosaurs - NEOVENATOR, EOTYRANNUS, IGUANODON, HYPSILOPHODON and POLACANTHUS. Flying above you amongst the haunting sounds of a long-lost forest are pterodactyls.
You will see dinosaur skeletons as they are found by the fossil hunters and can watch our professional staff, and volunteers preparing the latest exciting finds. At Dinosaur Isle you will be able to encounter the lost world of dinosaurs that once roamed the Isle of Wight.
As well as the dinosaurs are fossils from across the Island representing the different layers of rock and ages which make our beautiful landscape. The tusks of Ice Age elephants, the teeth and bones of tropical alligators, and a wide variety of fossil shells and ammonites. The fossils take you back to the animals and plants that shared the Cretaceous biosphere.
We usually keep one of our qualified palaeontologists on site to be available to identify your finds, as well as give advice on where to look yourself. Just ask at the lab door or reception. As the only accredited dinosaur museum on the Island, our collections are held for future generations to enjoy and learn from.
Amongst the many hands-on interactives in the museum there is even a robotic dinosaur that you can control!
Quality Assured Visitor Attraction
- Accessible Lift
- All Areas Accessible to Disabled Visitors
- Disabled Parking
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted) - Only guide dogs allowed in buildings.
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors - 3 designated bays for the disabled.
- Ramp/Level Access
- On-Site cafe/restaurant - Chilled soft drinks and confectionary are available in the Dinosaur Isle shop.
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
- Refreshments Available - Chilled soft drinks and confectionary are available in the Dinosaur Isle shop.
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- All weather attraction
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- Meeting rooms
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- On site parking
- Parking (charge) - Car parking charges Apply 1st April to 31st October Up to 4 hours £5.20 4-6 hours £6.80 6-10 hours £10.00 Bring receipt to reception to claim your discount
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Indoor Attraction
- No smoking
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good369
- Nicki MDinosaur museumSunday, 22nd October 2023Fantastic museum, lots to see and learn, lovely experience. Ideal for all the family, activities for the children’s with a lovely gift shop. Read full review
- Susannah RTrip Type:CouplesSmall but Super!Friday, 3rd November 2023Lovely museum, super way to spend some time on a wet day. Would quite happily have stayed longer but it isn't a huge museum! We read everything there was to read and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Read full review
- Matt BSalisbury, United KingdomIsle Of Wight HighlightWednesday, 22nd November 2023A surprise visit to the Isle Of Wight, inspired by this museum, for my wife's birthday. Being mid-week and November, we were the only customers, which made it extra special! We took our time looking... Read full review
|Open (4 Jan 2023 - 31 Dec 2023)|
* 4th January - 30th June 2022 opening:
Tuesday to Saturday - 10am until 4pm (last admission at 3pm).
* 1st July - 31st August 2022 opening:
Monday to Sunday - 10am until 5pm (last admission at 4pm).
* 1st September - December 2022 opening:
Tuesday to Saturday 10am - 4pm (last admission at 3pm).