A warm welcome is guaranteed from this family run AA 4 Star Guest Accommodation Victorian house, set in beautifully tendered gardens within walking distance to Shanklin Village, Chine and beaches.
All 9 bedrooms are comfortably furnished, serviced to a high standard and come equipped with Free view TV/DVD. Tea/Coffee making facilities, hairdryer and radio/alarm clock.
Guests can choose from Bed & Breakfast or Half Board terms to include a 3 course evening meal. Both are served in the light and airy dining room with doors leading out onto the patio and gardens.
Guests can enjoy a drink at the well stocked bar or simply relax in either the guest lounge or modern conservatory.
Free WIFI is accessible throughout. Children from 5 years and small dogs are all welcome. Ferry inclusive packages and family discounts are both available. Please ask for details.
Trip Advisor recommended. Certificate of Excellence 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Member of Chamber of Commerce and the local Shanklin Hospitality Association (SHAA).
- Traveler's Choice
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good20
- Philip WHaywards Heath, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesRefreshing BreakMonday, 15th October 2018We are grateful to Michelle and Caroline for looking after us so well during our stay on the Isle of Wight. Being catered for morning and evening plus unseasonably good weather added up to a very... Read full review
- Linda LTrip Type:CouplesFabulous Experience!Saturday, 6th October 2018A hotel stay like no other! The historic property itself is a treat, to say nothing of the amazing amenities... From Caroline’s warm welcoming reception, to Michelle’s world-class culinary skills... Read full review
- 48SGSLincoln, United KingdomTrip Type:Couples"It's not Fawlty Towers!"Saturday, 6th October 2018We have just returned from an energetic 4 day break in the IOW, made all the more memorable by our stay at the Rowborough Hotel. This is one of the cleanest and comfortable places to stay that we... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite Room||£35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite Room x 4||£35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single - private bathroom Room||£35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-suite Room||£35.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - By prior arrangement only. No service before 7am.
- Full liquor licence - Full Bar serving wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks. Open all day until 11pm.
- Half board supplement (£)
- Serve breakfast
- Serve Evening Meal
- Special diets catered for - Please advise at time of booking
- Vegans catered for - Please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarians catered for - Please advise at time of booking
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age 5 years. No babies or Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Minimum age 5 years. No babies or Infants accepted
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - 10 minutes walk or 2 minutes drive
- Central heating throughout
- Dogs admitted on a lead - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. Daily charge of £5.00 applicable.
- Dogs welcome - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge applicable.
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged - Preferred rates with Red Funnel and Wight Link. Ask at time of booking. Full payment required.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Ironing facilities - On request. Free of charge
- Licensed for alcohol - Residents only until 11pm daily.
- No smoking in dining area
- Open on bank holidays - No supplements for Bank Holidays.
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge.
- Pets accepted by arrangement - Small dogs only in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge applicable.
- Photocopier - On request. Charges apply
- Prior Booking Recommended - Non refundable deposit required at time of booking. Full payment required if booking less than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge
- Smokers welcome - No smoking except for in the gardens
- Wireless Internet Access - Free throughout the building.
- Afrikaans spoken
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - 10 minutes walk into village
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Number 3 bus stops outside hotel
- Free parking - on a first come first served basis. 5 spaces available.
- Off-road parking - Residential area. No permits required. Free of charge
- On site parking - On a first come first served basis. Spaces for 5 cars only. Residential area no permits or charges applicable.
- Railway station within walking distance - 5 minutes walk. Courtesy transport available to and from hotel by prior arrangement only.
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard - No credit card charges
- MasterCard accepted - No credit card charges
- Solo accepted
- Visa - No credit card charges
- Visa accepted - No credit card charges
- In town/city centre - On local bus route and 5 minutes away from Shanklin railway station.. 10 minutes walk into the town or down to the beach.
- Non smoking establishment - Smoking permitted in the Gardens only.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms - Room 4 - Adult only Double. Room 9 Large double, garden facing, minimum stays apply.
- Colour television in all bedrooms - Flat screen tv with free view and dvd facility
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - With the tv
- Ground floor bedrooms available - One available. Mobility friendly only. No wheelchair accessibility
- Hairdryer available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms - Free WIFI in all Guest rooms.
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms - Radio Alarm clock
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms - Two are shower over bath
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - Tea/ Coffee/ Hot Chocolate and welcome biscuit. Replenished daily.
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Trouser press some rooms - Room 9 only.
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 AA Silver Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Travellers' Choice 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
|Opening (5 Mar 2018 - 28 Oct 2018)|
|Closed (28 Oct 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|