A warm welcome is guaranteed from this family run AA 4 Star Guest Accommodation Victorian house, set in beautifully tendered gardens within walking distance to Shanklin Village, Chine and beaches.
All 9 bedrooms are comfortably furnished, serviced to a high standard and come equipped with Free view TV/DVD. Tea/Coffee making facilities, hairdryer and radio/alarm clock.
Guests can choose from Bed & Breakfast or Half Board terms to include a 3 course evening meal. Both are served in the light and airy dining room with doors leading out onto the patio and gardens.
Guests can enjoy a drink at the well stocked bar or simply relax in either the guest lounge or modern conservatory.
Free WIFI is accessible throughout. Children from 5 years and small dogs are all welcome. Ferry inclusive packages and family discounts are both available. Please ask for details.
Trip Advisor recommended. Certificate of Excellence 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Member of Chamber of Commerce and the local Shanklin Hospitality Association (SHAA).
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Traveler's Choice
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good20
- Betty STrip Type:CouplesVery Friendly, felt at home from day one !Wednesday, 24th October 2018Room spotlessly clean, as was everywhere else in the Hotel. Breakfast and dinner were freshly cooked and very tasty. Michelle and Caroline gave us lots of local information which was a great help to... Read full review
- Simon WTrip Type:CouplesA really nice break!Saturday, 27th October 2018We are on the ferry returning from 4 nights at the Rowborough and couldn't be happier with our choice of place to stay. Michelle and Caroline are both lovely and if you want any sort of... Read full review
- Venture23820082732Trip Type:FamilyLovely hotelMonday, 5th November 2018I stayed here for a week over the October half term with my son, this was a return visit for us having stayed for the first time last year. The hotel is very clean, has lovely comfortable beds and... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite Room||from £35.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite Room x 4||from £35.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single - private bathroom Room||from £35.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-suite Room||from £35.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - By prior arrangement only. No service before 7am.
- Full liquor licence - Full Bar serving wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks. Open all day until 11pm.
- Half board supplement (£)
- Serve breakfast
- Serve Evening Meal
- Special diets catered for - Please advise at time of booking
- Vegans catered for - Please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarians catered for - Please advise at time of booking
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age 5 years. No babies or Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Minimum age 5 years. No babies or Infants accepted
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - 10 minutes walk or 2 minutes drive
- Central heating throughout
- Dogs admitted on a lead - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. Daily charge of £5.00 applicable.
- Dogs welcome - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge applicable.
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged - Preferred rates with Red Funnel and Wight Link. Ask at time of booking. Full payment required.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - On request. Free of charge
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol - Residents only until 11pm daily.
- No smoking in dining area
- Open on bank holidays - No supplements for Bank Holidays.
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge.
- Pets accepted by arrangement - Small dogs only in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge applicable.
- Photocopier - On request. Charges apply
- Prior Booking Recommended - Non refundable deposit required at time of booking. Full payment required if booking less than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge
- Smokers welcome - No smoking except for in the gardens
- Wireless Internet Access - Free throughout the building.
- Afrikaans spoken
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - 10 minutes walk into village
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Number 3 bus stops outside hotel
- Free parking - on a first come first served basis. 5 spaces available.
- Off-road parking - Residential area. No permits required. Free of charge
- On site parking - On a first come first served basis. Spaces for 5 cars only. Residential area no permits or charges applicable.
- Railway station within walking distance - 5 minutes walk. Courtesy transport available to and from hotel by prior arrangement only.
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard - No credit card charges
- MasterCard accepted - No credit card charges
- Solo accepted
- Visa - No credit card charges
- Visa accepted - No credit card charges
- In town/city centre - On local bus route and 5 minutes away from Shanklin railway station.. 10 minutes walk into the town or down to the beach.
- Non smoking establishment - Smoking permitted in the Gardens only.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms - Room 4 - Adult only Double. Room 9 Large double, garden facing, minimum stays apply.
- Colour television in all bedrooms - Flat screen tv with free view and dvd facility
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - With the tv
- Ground floor bedrooms available - One available. Mobility friendly only. No wheelchair accessibility
- Hairdryer available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms - Free WIFI in all Guest rooms.
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms - Radio Alarm clock
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms - Two are shower over bath
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - Tea/ Coffee/ Hot Chocolate and welcome biscuit. Replenished daily.
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Trouser press some rooms - Room 9 only.
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 AA Silver Stars
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Travellers' Choice 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
|Closed (28 Oct 2018 - 14 Mar 2019)|
|Opening (15 Mar 2019 - 27 Oct 2019)|