A warm welcome is guaranteed from this highly acclaimed AA 4-star Gold Guest Accommodation. Set within beautifully tendered gardens, The Rowborough is within easy reach to Shanklin Village, Chine and beaches. Both local buses and Shanklin train station are close by so exploring the Island without a car is easy. For those who wish to travel with a car there is off-street parking available at the hotel on a first come first served basis and preferred car ferry rates available from all ports. Simply ask at time of booking.
The Rowborough’s 9 bedrooms are naturally all en-suite, comfortably furnished, serviced and maintained to a high standard and come equipped with all the modern-day amenities including Free WIFI.
Guests are able to choose from Bed & Breakfast or Half Board which includes a 3-course evening meal with coffee. For those who wish to have the best of both worlds’, dinner can be booked on an ad-hoc basis as long as notice is given. Charges naturally apply. Our dining style is very much relaxed with ‘home from home’ cooking with most special diets being catered. Please speak to us about this at time of booking.
The Rowborough is licenced and our small but well stocked bar is available all day serving both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Guests can choose to relax in our guest lounge, modern conservatory or on those warm balmy days on our Terrace in the garden. Some services may be restricted whilst Covid 19 is prevalent. Please check our website www.rowboroughhotel.com for regular updates and information.
The Rowborough welcomes all types of traveller – solo, business, families and couples. Children over 10 years and small dogs by prior arrangements are also welcome in certain rooms, supplements apply.
The Rowborough is a member of the local Chamber of Commerce and Shanklin Hospitality Association. It is highly recognised on Trip Advisor and has been awarded in 2017,2018 and 2019 with a Traveller’s Choice award for being one of the best small hotels in the country as well as holding 6 consecutive years of Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence. In 2020 it was awarded one of the first ‘Best of the Best’ awards both in the UK and in Europe and received a further one in 2021. It has a high ratio of returning guests and looks forward to welcoming both new and old every year.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2022
- Very Good25
- SunnyN142London, United KingdomGreat Stay at this Lovely Hotel!Sunday, 24th July 2022I am writing this review on behalf of my mum and other family members who stayed here for two nights. They all said the hotel was very clean, the breakfast was great and the location was good. They... Read full review
- jackie kLondon, United KingdomReturning GuestsTuesday, 26th July 2022Having stayed at The Rowborough Hotel in 2018 and having such a wonderful stay, we decided we would like to go back. We were not disappointed!! Michelle & Caroline were as welcoming as ever and we... Read full review
- knight wTrip Type:CouplesPleasant stay and warm hosts!Saturday, 6th August 2022We had a really pleasant stay here. It was a last minute booking since my previous choice didn’t offer check in after 8 pm. I am so glad that I find the Rowborough for my journey to the IOW. Michelle... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite Room||from £45.00 to £50.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite Room x 4||from £45.00 to £50.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single - private bathroom Room||£50.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-suite Room||from £45.00 to £50.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Bar - Due to Covid 19 the Bar will only be available at Dinner Times with drinks available for collection only
- Cater for vegetarians
- Full liquor licence - Full Bar serving wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks. Due to Covid 19 open to service Dinner only
- Half board supplement (£) - 3 course meal with Tea/Coffee and chocolates. Available on an ad-hoc basis subject to availability, supplement apply
- Serve breakfast - Due to Covid 19 restrictions all breakfast will be table served with no Buffet service.
- Serve Evening Meal
- Special diets catered for - Please advise at time of booking
- Vegans catered for - Please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarians catered for - Please advise at time of booking
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age 10 years. No babies or Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Minimum age 10 years. No babies or Infants accepted
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit - 65% occupancy
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Pets welcome during COVID-19 restrictions - 1 pet per room, supplements apply
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - 10 minutes walk or 2 minutes drive
- Central heating throughout
- Dogs admitted on a lead - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. Daily charge of £7.00 applicable.
- Dogs welcome - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge applicable.
- Ferry discount available - Preferred car ferry rates with Red Funnel and Wight Link. Ask at time of booking. Full payment required.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Designated Smoking Area. Social Distancing measures in place
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol - Residents only during Dinner only whilst Covid 19 is prevalent
- No smoking in dining area
- Open on bank holidays - No supplements for Bank Holidays.
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. £7.00 daily charge.
- Pets accepted by arrangement - Small dogs only in a limited number of rooms. £7.00 daily charge applicable. 1 pet per room
- Prior Booking Recommended - Non refundable deposit required at time of booking. Full payment required if booking less than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Residents lounge open all day - During Covid 19 social distancing observed. One room / family group at a time
- Separate guests' lounge - Social Distancing needs to be observed. One room / family group at a time
- Smokers welcome - No smoking except for in the designated smoking area in the gardens
- Wireless Internet Access - Free throughout the building.
- Afrikaans spoken
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - 10 minutes walk into village
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Number 3 bus stops outside hotel
- Free parking - on a first come first served basis. 5 spaces available.
- Off site parking - Residential area. No restrictions for parking on the street.
- Off-road parking - Residential area. No permits required. Free of charge
- On site parking - On a first come first served basis. Spaces for 5 cars only. Residential area no permits or charges applicable.
- Railway station within walking distance - 5 minutes walk.
- Cash Accepted
- MasterCard - No credit card charges
- MasterCard accepted - No credit card charges
- Visa - No credit card charges
- Visa accepted - No credit card charges
- In town/city centre - On local bus route and 5 minutes away from Shanklin railway station.. 10 minutes walk into the town or down to the beach.
- Non smoking establishment - Smoking permitted in the Designated area in the Garden only.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms - Room 4 - Adult only Double. Room 9 Large double, garden facing, minimum stays apply. No pets allowed
- Colour television in all bedrooms - Flat screen tv with free view and dvd facility
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - With the tv
- Ground floor bedrooms available - One available. Mobility friendly only. No wheelchair accessibility
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms - Free WIFI in all Guest rooms.
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms - Radio Alarm clock
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms - Two are shower over bath
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - Tea/ Coffee/ Hot Chocolate and welcome biscuit. Replenished daily.
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Trouser press some rooms - Room 9 only.
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Short breaks available - Minimum 3 night stays. 2 nights in Low Season
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 AA Gold Stars Guest Accommodation
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Travellers' Choice 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice award 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor Hall of Fame - 2019 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Best of the Best Award - 2020 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Best of the Best Award 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice award - 2019 2019
|Opening (1 Apr 2022 - 10 Oct 2022)|
|Closed (31 Oct 2022 - 31 Mar 2023)|