A warm welcome is guaranteed from this family run AA Silver 4-star Guest Accommodation Victorian House. Set within beautifully tendered gardens, The Rowborough is within easy reach to Shanklin Village, Chine and beaches. Both local buses and Shanklin train station are close by so exploring the Island without a car is easy. For those who wish to travel with a car there is off-street parking available at the hotel and preferred ferry rates available from all ports. Simply ask at time of booking how we might assist you.
The Rowborough’s 9 bedrooms are naturally all en-suite, comfortably furnished, serviced and maintained to a high standard and come equipped with all the modern day amenities including Free WIFI both in the bedroom and throughout the building.
Guests are able to choose from Bed & Breakfast or Half Board terms which includes a 3-course evening meal with coffee. For those who wish to have the best of both worlds’, dinner can be booked on an ad-hoc basis as long as notice is given. Our dining style is very much ‘home from home’ cooking with most special diets being catered. Please speak to us about this at time of booking.
The Rowborough is licenced and our small but well stocked bar is available all day serving both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Guests can choose to relax in our guest lounge, modern conservatory or on those warm balmy days on our Terrace in the garden.
The Rowborough welcomes all types of traveller – solo, business, families and couples. Children over 10 years and small dogs by prior arrangements are also welcome in certain rooms, concessions apply.
The Rowborough is a member of the local Chamber of Commerce and Shanklin Hospitality Association. It is recognised highly within Trip Advisor and has been awarded in 2017,2018 and 2019 with a Traveller’s Choice award for being one of the best small hotels in the country as well as holding 5 consecutive years of Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence. It has a high ratio of returning guests and looks forward to welcoming both new and old every year.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Traveler's Choice
- Very Good20
- RodBlondinPretoria, South AfricaTop NotchTuesday, 22nd October 2019Row, row Rowborough, Michelle, Caroline and co, Row, row, Rowborough, Glad to come, but SAD to go! A smashing place to stay - wonderful hosts, great food, most helpful, well appointed and only wish... Read full review
- JeWeBe19Relaxing holiday.Wednesday, 23rd October 2019Michelle and Caroline were very helpful and considerate (Michelle picked me up from the station when I arrived as it was raining) They took into account all my food allergies and preferences, even... Read full review
- PortalNous22Trip Type:CouplesVery Lucky break !Sunday, 27th October 2019We needed a Fri/Sat as our main hotel only had weekdays so we moved here. Luckily they had one space to fill so - perfect ! Great welcome, courteous & friendly Caroline & Michelle were perfect hosts... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite Room||from £35.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite Room x 4||from £35.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single - private bathroom Room||from £35.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Triple En-suite Room||from £35.00 to £45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - By prior arrangement only. No service before 7am.
- Full liquor licence - Full Bar serving wine, beer, spirits and soft drinks. Open all day until 11pm.
- Half board supplement (£)
- Serve breakfast
- Serve Evening Meal
- Special diets catered for - Please advise at time of booking
- Vegans catered for - Please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarians catered for - Please advise at time of booking
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age 10 years. No babies or Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome - Minimum age 10 years. No babies or Infants accepted
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - 10 minutes walk or 2 minutes drive
- Central heating throughout
- Dogs admitted on a lead - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. Daily charge of £5.00 applicable.
- Dogs welcome - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge applicable.
- Ferry discount available - Preferred rates with Red Funnel and Wight Link. Ask at time of booking. Full payment required.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - On request. Free of charge
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol - Residents only until 11pm daily.
- No smoking in dining area
- Open on bank holidays - No supplements for Bank Holidays.
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted - Small dogs only by prior arrangement in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge.
- Pets accepted by arrangement - Small dogs only in a limited number of rooms. £5.00 daily charge applicable.
- Photocopier - On request. Charges apply
- Prior Booking Recommended - Non refundable deposit required at time of booking. Full payment required if booking less than 30 days prior to arrival.
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge
- Smokers welcome - No smoking except for in the gardens
- Wireless Internet Access - Free throughout the building.
- Afrikaans spoken
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - 10 minutes walk into village
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Number 3 bus stops outside hotel
- Free parking - on a first come first served basis. 5 spaces available.
- Off-road parking - Residential area. No permits required. Free of charge
- On site parking - On a first come first served basis. Spaces for 5 cars only. Residential area no permits or charges applicable.
- Railway station within walking distance - 5 minutes walk. Courtesy transport available to and from hotel by prior arrangement only.
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard - No credit card charges
- MasterCard accepted - No credit card charges
- Solo accepted
- Visa - No credit card charges
- Visa accepted - No credit card charges
- In town/city centre - On local bus route and 5 minutes away from Shanklin railway station.. 10 minutes walk into the town or down to the beach.
- Non smoking establishment - Smoking permitted in the Gardens only.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms - Room 4 - Adult only Double. Room 9 Large double, garden facing, minimum stays apply.
- Colour television in all bedrooms - Flat screen tv with free view and dvd facility
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms - With the tv
- Ground floor bedrooms available - One available. Mobility friendly only. No wheelchair accessibility
- Hairdryer available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms - Free WIFI in all Guest rooms.
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms - Radio Alarm clock
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms - Two are shower over bath
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - Tea/ Coffee/ Hot Chocolate and welcome biscuit. Replenished daily.
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Trouser press some rooms - Room 9 only.
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 AA Silver Stars - Guest Accommodation
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Travellers' Choice 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice award 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor Hall of Fame - 2019 2019
|Closed (28 Oct 2019 - 8 Mar 2020)|
|Opening (9 Mar 2020 - 25 Oct 2020)|