The Havelock in Shanklin was originally built as a gentleman's residence and is set in mature gardens overlooking the sea. We offer 22 en-suite bedrooms, including 2 balcony rooms, 6 rooms with king size beds and 10 of the rooms also have sea views.
Paul and Vicky would like to make your stay at The Havelock, a relaxing and memorable experience. We are an independent establishment, and we believe in a friendly approach and personal touch.
"Our aim is to offer you a comfortable bed, superb cleanliness and a quality breakfast whether you are just passing through, staying for a weekend, or with us for a longer break."
Guests can rest and relax in our comfortable lounge which looks out onto the garden, there are a variety of magazines and books which are available to you, we also have a chest of games, cards and puzzles. Or why not relax by the swimming pool (open from mid-May to mid-September), whilst enjoying a drink or a light snack during the day. We have seating on the front terrace where you can enjoy watching boats and ships pass by.
Our bar offers a wide selection of refreshments, Birra Moretti on draught, local bottled beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks. Open between 12-11pm daily. Baguettes and sandwiches are offered from 12:30 to 5pm daily served either in the bar, on the front terrace or by the pool.
Breakfast is served in a sunny room overlooking the garden. Enjoy our freshly cooked award winning breakfasts, served daily by our friendly waiting staff between 8:30 - 9:30am, where possible breakfast produce is locally sourced and we always serve free range eggs.
We offer vegetarian alternatives to our full English breakfast and for special diets, we always have gluten-free sausages, gluten bread (brown and white), gluten-free cereals, soya milk (sweetened and unsweetened) and gluten free sausages.
By prior arrangement we can offer a continental breakfast between 7:30-8:30am
We are only a short stroll from Shanklin Old Village or the seafront, where you can enjoy a fantastic selection of foods that the many restaurants, pubs and cafe's have to offer. A non-smoking establishment (ashtrays on terraces).
* Excellent position.
* Spring & Autumn special breaks.
* WiFi internet access - Fast 500Mb Fibre Optic
* Car ferry discounts available.
* Families welcome.
* 5 Star Kitchen Hygiene Rating.
To book visit www.havelockshanklin.co.uk
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good62
- 582katharinerHigh Wycombe, United KingdomWonderful placeFriday, 6th October 2023A lovely welcoming homely comfortable hotel. Paul & Vicky were perfect hosts, along with their delightful little girls. The outdoor pool is an added bonus although not warm enough during our stay mid... Read full review
- CITYGIRL024London, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayComfortable and stylishSaturday, 14th October 2023Very comfy and more upmarket than other B&Bs. Paul and Vicky are both welcoming and accommodating - lovely staff and fabulous cooked breakfast. There’s also a nice lounge and bar area. We didn’t use... Read full review
- Steve DLondon, United KingdomBest UK Hotel stay ever.Saturday, 21st October 2023Well/ what can we say? Jut returned from the best 5 day stay in a UK Hotel. A Wonderful, warm, welcoming Hotel where the Owners are so Lovely, Friendly and Obliging and cannot do enough fo you. That... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Balcony Sea View (double or twin)||from £110.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin Sea View & Double Patio Room||from £90.00 to £110.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Balcony Sea View for 3||from £120.00 to £145.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Double Sea View for 3||from £110.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite for 3||from £110.00 to £125.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite for 4||from £130.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single||from £50.00 to £60.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Small Double||from £80.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Small Double for Single Occupancy||from £70.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Standard Double and Small Double Sea View||from £85.00 to £100.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Family Room for 3||from £120.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Room||from £100.00 to £125.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Bar meals
- Early breakfast available
- Full liquor licence
- Lunch available, table service
- Outdoor eating area
- Serve breakfast
- Serve lunch
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- No Pets
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Outdoor pool
- Swimming Pool
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- No smoking
Room / Unit Features
- Balcony some rooms
- Baths some rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available - Single room only at present
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice award 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Closed (5 Nov 2023 - 31 Mar 2024)|
|Open (1 Apr 2024 - 4 Nov 2024)|