Wight in Bloom - Best Accommodation Garden 2015 and Shanklin in Bloom - Best Accommodation Garden 2017.
The Havelock in Shanklin was originally built as a gentleman's residence and is set in mature gardens overlooking the sea. We offer 22 en-suite bedrooms, including 2 balcony rooms, 6 rooms with king size beds and 10 of the rooms also have sea views.
Dave & Ann would like to make your stay at The Havelock, a relaxing and memorable experience. We are an independent establishment, and we believe in a friendly approach and personal touch.
"Our aim is to offer you a comfortable bed, superb cleanliness and a quality breakfast whether you are just passing through, staying for a weekend, or with us for a longer break."
Guests can rest and relax in our comfortable lounge which looks out onto the garden, there are a variety of magazines and books which are available to you, we also have a chest of games, cards and puzzles. Or why not relax by the heated swimming pool (open from mid-May to mid-September), whilst enjoying a drink or a light snack during the day. We have seating on the front terrace where you can enjoy watching boats and ships pass by.
Our bar offers a wide selection of refreshments, local bottled beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks. Open between 12- 5pm and 6-11pm daily; 10:30pm closing on Sundays and bank holidays. Baguettes and sandwiches are offered from 12:30 to 5pm daily served either in the bar, on the front terrace or by the pool.
Breakfast is served in a sunny room overlooking the garden. Enjoy our freshly cooked award winning breakfasts, served daily by our friendly waiting staff between 8:30 - 9:30am, where possible breakfast produce is locally sourced and we always serve free range eggs, homemade granary bread and a selection of Ann’s scrumptious homemade jams and marmalades are available too.
We offer vegetarian alternatives to our full English breakfast and for special diets, we always have gluten-free sausages, gluten bread (brown and white), gluten-free cereals, soya milk (sweetened and unsweetened) and gluten free sausages.
By prior arrangement we can offer a continental breakfast between 7:30-8:30am
We are only a short stroll from Shanklin Old Village or the seafront, where you can enjoy a fantastic selection of foods that the many restaurants, pubs and cafe's have to offer. A non-smoking establishment (ashtrays on terraces).
* Excellent Position.
* Spring & Autumn special breaks.
* WiFi internet access.
* Car ferry inclusive available.
* Families welcome - minimum age 7 years.
* 5 Star Kitchen Hygiene Rating.
(Quality Assurance designator = Guest Accommodation).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good56
- Melski49Bournemouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous Hotel, highly recommend.Monday, 14th October 2019Our weekend at the Havelock was fantastic. The hosts were very welcoming and helpful. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the attention to detail Was exceptional. The gardens were stunning and well... Read full review
- gibboJuniorTrip Type:FamilyFan-tas-tic.Wednesday, 23rd October 2019I recently spent four nights at the Havelock with my parents. We stayed in Room 11, a suite with 2 bedrooms, a double and a single, and an ensuite bathroom. The room was spotless and was cleaned... Read full review
- keys-quayLondon, United KingdomComfortable, Clean and Handy LocationThursday, 31st October 2019We were guided to stay at this property by the excellent reviews on TA and other similar sites, and we found those to be true & accurate. Warm, comfortable and spotlessly clean, with off-street... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Balcony Sea View (double or twin)||from £110.00 to £130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin Sea View & Double Patio Room||from £90.00 to £105.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Balcony Sea View for 3||from £120.00 to £145.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Double Sea View for 3||from £110.00 to £125.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite for 3||from £110.00 to £125.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite for 4||from £130.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single||from £50.00 to £55.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Small Double||from £80.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Small Double for Single Occupancy||from £70.00 to £75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Standard Double and Small Double Sea View||from £85.00 to £98.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Family Room for 3||from £120.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Room||from £100.00 to £115.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Bar meals
- Early breakfast available
- Full liquor licence
- Lunch available, table service
- Outdoor eating area
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age of 7 years
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- No Pets
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Outdoor heated pool
- Outdoor pool
- Swimming Pool
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- No smoking
Room / Unit Features
- Balcony some rooms
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2019
|Closed (29 Oct 2019 - 15 Mar 2020)|
|Open (16 Mar 2020 - 4 Nov 2020)|