Wight in Bloom - Best Accommodation Garden 2015 and Shanklin in Bloom - Best Accommodation Garden 2017.
The Havelock in Shanklin was originally built as a gentleman's residence and is set in mature gardens overlooking the sea. We offer 22 en-suite bedrooms, including 2 balcony rooms, 6 rooms with king size beds and 10 of the rooms also have sea views.
Dave & Ann would like to make your stay at The Havelock, a relaxing and memorable experience. We are an independent establishment, and we believe in a friendly approach and personal touch.
"Our aim is to offer you a comfortable bed, superb cleanliness and a quality breakfast whether you are just passing through, staying for a weekend, or with us for a longer break."
Guests can rest and relax in our comfortable lounge which looks out onto the garden, there are a variety of magazines and books which are available to you, we also have a chest of games, cards and puzzles. Or why not relax by the heated swimming pool (open from mid-May to mid-September), whilst enjoying a drink or a light snack during the day. We have seating on the front terrace where you can enjoy watching boats and ships pass by.
Our bar offers a wide selection of refreshments, local bottled beers, wines, spirits and soft drinks. Open between 12- 5pm and 6-11pm daily; 10:30pm closing on Sundays and bank holidays. Baguettes and sandwiches are offered from 12:30 to 5pm daily served either in the bar, on the front terrace or by the pool.
Breakfast is served in a sunny room overlooking the garden. Enjoy our freshly cooked award winning breakfasts, served daily by our friendly waiting staff between 8:30 - 9:30am, where possible breakfast produce is locally sourced and we always serve free range eggs, homemade granary bread and a selection of Ann’s scrumptious homemade jams and marmalades are available too.
We offer vegetarian alternatives to our full English breakfast and for special diets, we always have gluten-free sausages, gluten bread (brown and white), gluten-free cereals, soya milk (sweetened and unsweetened) and gluten free sausages.
By prior arrangement we can offer a continental breakfast between 7:30-8:30am
We are only a short stroll from Shanklin Old Village or the seafront, where you can enjoy a fantastic selection of foods that the many restaurants, pubs and cafe's have to offer. A non-smoking establishment (ashtrays on terraces).
* Excellent Position.
* Spring & Autumn special breaks.
* WiFi internet access.
* Car ferry inclusive available.
* Families welcome - minimum age 7 years.
* 5 Star Kitchen Hygiene Rating.
(Quality Assurance designator = Guest Accommodation).
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 23rd May 2018
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 24th May 2018
- No. of Nights:
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good53
- janet bNottingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGREAT PLACE TO STAYSunday, 20th May 2018Just come from this hotel, this is our 2nd time here, and once again just perfect, from the moment you arrive you till you leave. we stayed in the same room as last year , big room with tea and... Read full review
- RadiantkittyHertfordshire, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat locationSaturday, 21st April 2018Lovely hotel, rooms are clean and modern. The owners along with staff are all very warm and friendly. The location is great, being a stones throw from the beach and the town. We had room 10 which has... Read full review
- Natalie CTrip Type:FamilyThe perfect place to stayThursday, 12th April 2018Fantastic, highly recommend. Beautiful clean and well equipped rooms, delicious breakfast and very friendly staff :) a perfect example of a great b&b. Thank you for making our stay in the isle of... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Balcony Sea View (double or twin)||from £110.00 to £130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin Sea View & Double Patio Room||from £90.00 to £105.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Balcony Sea View for 3||from £120.00 to £145.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Double Sea View for 3||from £110.00 to £125.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite for 3||from £110.00 to £125.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family Suite for 4||from £130.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single||from £50.00 to £55.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Small Double||from £80.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Small Double for Single Occupancy||from £70.00 to £75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Standard Double and Small Double Sea View||from £85.00 to £98.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Family Room for 3||from £120.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Room||from £100.00 to £115.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- No smoking
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Minimum age of 7 years
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Outdoor heated pool
- Outdoor pool
- Bar meals
- Early breakfast available
- Full liquor licence
- Lunch available, table service
- Outdoor eating area
- Vegetarians catered for
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Balcony some rooms
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Ironing facilities
- Licensed for alcohol
- No Pets
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
|Open (16 Mar 2018 - 4 Nov 2018)|
|Closed (29 Oct 2018 - 15 Mar 2019)|