AboutFamily run guest house set in large garden, situated in a quiet location on the famous cliff path with stunning views of Sandown Bay. Close to all amenities, public transport and footpath to beach.
* Open all Year
* No single supplements
* Discounts available for a stay of more than 2 nights
* Car park.
* Tea making facilities.
* Some rooms have sea views.
* Digital TV's in all rooms.
* Large sunny dining room with separate tables.
* Our Full English breakfasts are made up from a wide and varied choice of generously presented home cooked food of the highest quality cooked to order.
* TV lounge.
* Central heating throughout
* Reduced rates for children 5-16, unfortunately we are unable to accept children under 5 years.
* Free WiFi
* Ferry bookings can be arranged
Phone or email for availability.
Resident proprietors: Stephen & Linda Hammant.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- Andy06_12London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyAs ever a very pleasant stayFriday, 20th August 2021Home away from home Yet again a very good stay at Haytor Lodge. Linda and Stephen are lovely’s hosts and it’s always a great experience and we keep coming back. Excellent breakfast served in the... Read full review
- Chipboy2Most enjoyable stay.Monday, 27th September 2021Excellent B&B. Very clean.....guest rooms & dining area immaculate. Single bedroom had an en suite bathroom/shower - most unexpected and very welcome. Lovely breakfasts each morning with a good... Read full review
- nigel tTrip Type:CouplesHome from Home!Monday, 25th October 2021We made a return visit to Haytor Lodge after a 2 year break owing to Covid. As usual,we got a warm welcome from Stephen & Linda our hosts. Our room was recently refurbished room 6 which was spotless... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-suite||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Double room for Single Occupancy||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Also available as:|
|Family room for Double occupancy||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single En-suite||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Discounted Prices available for bookings for more than 2 nights..
Special rates for bookings for 7 nights or more.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Special diets catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children under 5 not accepted
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Night Keys
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Residents lounge open all day
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Off-road parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Black out facilities some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Radio all rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure cycle storage
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes, Fishbourne or Yarmouth follow signs for Sandown. Lake is just before Sandown as you go through Lake High Street (Sandown Road) follow road up and around (this is now Lake Hill) go under metal railway bridge. Immediately take turning on right into Brownlow Road, sign posted to Lake railway station. Follow road all the way along, go past the station and we are a short way along on the left.
From Ryde follow signs for Shanklin, Lake is just after Sandown, turn left into Brownlow Road before the railway bridge at the bottom of Lake Hill then follow directions above.
Do not head for Cliff Path! We are actually off Brownlow Road, (PO36 8PA) just past Lake railway station.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde pier head (Wight rider ferry): travel on Island Line train to Lake station then 2 minute walk to the right.
From West Cowes Red Jet ferry: No. 1 to Newport and change to No. 2, 3 or 8 to Lake and follow signs to Lake railway station.
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest Accommodation
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Opening (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|