Book with confidence. Please see website for the Covid policy.
East Afton Farmhouse is an impressive 1700s farmhouse, with event barns, and adjoining annex holiday cottage, located next to an Isle of Wight National Landscape (formerly known as Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty), on the site of the 1970 Isle of Wight Festival. East Afton is perfect for Isle of Wight group accommodation, sleeping up to 19 across both the main house and annex, with facilities and luxuries that include a plush cinema room. Both units can also be rented separately for smaller group and family holidays.
As East Afton is primarily a wedding venue, it is only available to book as a holiday let within 1 year of arrival date.
The dedicated event barns make East Afton perfect for weddings. Bordering a pleasant and secluded courtyard, and nestled between the main house and annex, the two contrasting barns complete a fully contained setup for ceremonies, receptions, and guest accommodation. The full venue can also be hired for other large group celebrations, and corporate functions.
A new large event barn is now open, overlooking the stone courtyard with the capacity to host around 170 sit down and 200 standing guests. Please see website for special ‘barn only’ day hire.
East Afton Farmhouse was awarded Silver for Best Wedding Venue of the Year 2019-2020 at the Beautiful South Tourism Awards.
OTHER FARM ACCOMMODATION
* Tapnell Manor - sleeps up to 19 this is a large manor with a modern feel whilst maintaining the rustic appeal of an old farmhouse. Set between two working dairy farms, with views to Tennyson Down and the Solent you will find yourself surrounded by natural beauty and grazing cows.
* Dairyman's Cottage - this cottage sleeps up to 8 and is the perfect for a family or groups. The cottage is situated on Tapnell Farm which boasts spectacular views over the west of the Isle of Wight towards Tennyson downs and Freshwater Bay.
* Tom's Eco Lodge - Award-winning Tom’s Eco Lodge takes Glamping to the next level with 5 beautiful Safari Tents, 2 Wooden Cabins, 2 Modulogs, 2 Pods and NEW for 2019, 5 Geodesic Domes – all nestled away in the glorious surroundings of Tapnell Farm.Stunning sea views, space to roam and sandy beaches nearby, create the perfect farm stay for an adventurous family holiday, relaxing group get-together or even a romantic hideaway.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type
|Room / Unit Tariff*
|East Afton Farmhouse & The Country Annexe
|£2,349.00 per unit per week
|East Afton Farmhouse (5 bedrooms)
|£1,879.00 per unit per week
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- In countryside
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Beautiful South Awards Winners 2019/20 - Silver 2019
|Open New Year
|Open (1 Jan 2024 - 31 Dec 2024)