|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult||£4.00 per ticket|
|Children 5 - 16yrs)||£2.00 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
What would you think if you gazed into a crystal ball and saw a poo? It would probably mean you’d stepped into The National Poo Museum!
Balancing fun, education and beauty in equal measure, The National Poo Museum has proved an unlikely hit with people of all ages. It is housed inside a former public toilet within a Victorian fort that overlooks Sandown Bay. The museum has lots of interactive exhibits with levers to pull, pumps to press and handles to wind as well as an array of sparkling spheres filled with poo from different species - and each has a fascinating story to tell.
Discover the tiny bat that sleeps inside a flower and pays rent with its droppings. Use a high-powered microscope to peer into the universe of life going on inside a fresh mouse poo. Try some fossilised hyrax dung perfume. “Oo - that’s actually quite nice!”
Small, but perfectly-formed, this museum is packed with extraordinary facts and interactive exhibits. We invite you to explore the world’s stickiest subject with us and take a fresh look at this astonishing substance!
Please refer to our home page for current opening times and dates https://poomuseum.org/
“Like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but with poo!” Matthew W (Trip Advisor)
“Beautifully maintained micro-museum” Angelwitch (Trip Advisor)
“You are seriously, seriously the best museum!” A delighted grandmother.
- Disabled persons toilet - This public toilet is open for all to use. It has a ramp and was previously designed as an accessible toilet, but may not meet current accessibility standards.
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Ramp/Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Picnic area
- Picnic Site
Children & Infants
- Babes in Arms
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Outdoor children’s play area
- All weather attraction
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given)
- French spoken
- Italian spoken
- Swedish spoken
Parking & Transport
- Railway station within walking distance
- Euros accepted
- Groups Accepted - This is a small venue, so parties of more than 20 would need to split into two groups and enter in turn.
- Visa accepted
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Cyclists welcome
- Family Fun
- Marketed Towards Children
- Marketed Towards Families
- Marketed Towards Senior Citizens
- Marketed towards student/youth
Tours and Demonstrations
- Demonstrations Given
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3056 to Lake, A3055 to Sandown.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - https://www.islandbuses.info/
- The National Poo Museum
|Open (13 June 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Please refer to our home page for current opening times and dates https://poomuseum.org/