AboutThe farm shop offers a variety of local Island products along with Quarr Abbey’s own unique range of goodies.
New to the teashop and farm shop this year is Quarr Abbey Ale which is brewed on the Island. It has been brewed to capture the essence of traditional Abbey beers as they were many years ago.
Still and sparkling cider and apple juice is also available to purchase. The apples for the cider came exclusively from the Quarr Abbey orchard.
Jams and chutneys are made on site, using the fresh allotment produce that is organically grown in the gardens. Varieties include, raspberry jam, spiced apple jelly, ratatouille chutney and many more.
All the fresh fruit and vegetables, used in the dishes from the teashop menu are available to buy. Organically grown on site, and delivered to the farm shop daily, there is always a pleasing variety of fresh fruit and vegetables to choose from. Also new this year is a unique range craft items which help to support a local charity.
The delicious clear and soft set honey, available throughout the year, is harvested from Quarr Abbey’s very own bee hives.
Another favourite for families visiting are Quarr Abbey’s own resident Pigs. Bags of pig food (cake) are available to buy in the farm shop for anyone who wants to give them a treat.
BUS & CYCLE ROUTES (DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES):
* Bus - Routes 4, 3 or Downs Breezer.
* More information: http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Take a mostly off road cycle ride from Ryde to visit Quarr Abbey.
* More information:
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Toilets for disabled visitors - Toilet intended for customers who use a wheelchair available
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Refreshments Available
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Public toilets
- Toilets on Site
- French spoken
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Information Point
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde.
Public Transport DirectionsNumber 9 bus from Ryde. Number 4 bus from East Cowes. From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde or take chain ferry to East Cowes and number 4 bus from there. From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good49
- N5889UGcarolinecCoalville, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayMeeting up with 4 old school friendsWednesday, 22nd May 2019Having been here just once before this week, just had to return meeting up with 4 school friends. Not seen each other for 6 yrs. The cafe with outside seating and dog friendly was a lovely place... Read full review
- RFE58Oxfordshire, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyA lovely tranquil place to visitTuesday, 28th May 2019Quarr Abbey is a most peaceful place to visit and the tearoom and farm shop are a very welcome stopping point after a walk around the grounds. We sat outside in the gardens to have our lunch and... Read full review
- Doug LTrowbridge, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDisappointedFriday, 7th June 2019After visiting the Abbey looked forward to using the tea shop Read menu, decided on sandwiches etc No cannot have that, kitchen closed !! Only cakes what you can see, we were bluntly told Not very... Read full review
|Opening (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
* FREE ADMISSION AND CAR PARK
Open 7 days a week (except Good Friday)
* Summer - 10.00am-5.00pm • Sundays 11.15am-5.00pm
* Winter - 10.00am-4.00pm • Sundays 11.15am-4.00pm
* Disabled access
* Teashop: 01983 898543
• General enquiries: 01983 882420