The Abbey Church, farm shop and the book shop are now open. Takeaway service is currently available at the teashop between Wednesday to Saturday. Come and see the pigs as well, there is pig feed available at the farm shop between Wednesday and Saturday. The tea garden will open on Wednesday 8th July. Please visit their Facebook page and website for up-to-date opening times.
The farm shop offers a variety of local Island products along with Quarr Abbey’s own unique range of goodies.
New to the teashop and farm shop this year is Quarr Abbey Ale which is brewed on the Island. It has been brewed to capture the essence of traditional Abbey beers as they were many years ago.
Still and sparkling cider and apple juice is also available to purchase. The apples for the cider came exclusively from the Quarr Abbey orchard.
Jams and chutneys are made on site, using the fresh allotment produce that is organically grown in the gardens. Varieties include, raspberry jam, spiced apple jelly, ratatouille chutney and many more.
All the fresh fruit and vegetables, used in the dishes from the teashop menu are available to buy. Organically grown on site, and delivered to the farm shop daily, there is always a pleasing variety of fresh fruit and vegetables to choose from. Also new this year is a unique range craft items which help to support a local charity.
The delicious clear and soft set honey, available throughout the year, is harvested from Quarr Abbey’s very own bee hives.
Another favourite for families visiting are Quarr Abbey’s own resident Pigs. Bags of pig food (cake) are available to buy in the farm shop for anyone who wants to give them a treat.
BUS & CYCLE ROUTES (DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES):
* Bus - Routes 4, 3 or Downs Breezer.
* More information: http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Take a mostly off road cycle ride from Ryde to visit Quarr Abbey.
* More information:
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Toilets for disabled visitors - Toilet intended for customers who use a wheelchair available
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Refreshments Available
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Public toilets
- Toilets on Site
- French spoken
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Information Point
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde.
Public Transport DirectionsNumber 9 bus from Ryde. Number 4 bus from East Cowes. From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde or take chain ferry to East Cowes and number 4 bus from there. From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good50
- Jon STrip Type:Solo travelCafe NOT dog friendly, especially in winter monthsWednesday, 11th December 2019Otherwise great cafe, reasonable prices, but not friendly, especially during winter months. There are lots of passing dog walkers, but most do not stop because the dogs are not allowed in the cafe... Read full review
- rob tNewport, United Kingdomoverated and overpricedFriday, 3rd January 2020On a visit to Quarr abbey for a service decided to visit the cafe as we were early. We found the place less than average and very expensive. We had nowhere else to go so had soup as we were hungry... Read full review
- Roannaj24Trip Type:FamilyRoannaTuesday, 25th February 2020Held the door open for a member of staff with absolutely no recognition. They definitely don’t like dogs. Staff miserable looking and treat you as though you are an inconvenience. Also £3 for a tea... Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2020
|Opening (1 Jan 2020 - 31 Dec 2020)|
* FREE ADMISSION AND CAR PARK
Open 7 days a week (except Good Friday)
* Summer - 10.00am-5.00pm • Sundays 11.15am-5.00pm
* Winter - 10.00am-4.00pm • Sundays 11.15am-4.00pm
* Disabled access
* Teashop: 01983 898543
• General enquiries: 01983 882420