Following the Government's announcement of a national lockdown Quarr Abbey will not be providing takeaway service and will close temporarily. From 1st January the monastery, teashop, farm shop, and facilities will be closed.
For locals the church will remain open for services and private prayer only.
Weekdays Mass - the Church will open at 8.45am – 12.30pm.
Sundays and Solemnities 9.45am – 12.30pm.
Confessions on Saturdays at 10.00am.
Quarr Abbey looks forward to seeing you all when they reopen. Stay safe and well.
The farm shop offers a variety of local Island products along with Quarr Abbey’s own unique range of goodies.
New to the teashop and farm shop this year is Quarr Abbey Ale which is brewed on the Island. It has been brewed to capture the essence of traditional Abbey beers as they were many years ago.
Still and sparkling cider and apple juice is also available to purchase. The apples for the cider came exclusively from the Quarr Abbey orchard.
Jams and chutneys are made on site, using the fresh allotment produce that is organically grown in the gardens. Varieties include, raspberry jam, spiced apple jelly, ratatouille chutney and many more.
All the fresh fruit and vegetables, used in the dishes from the teashop menu are available to buy. Organically grown on site, and delivered to the farm shop daily, there is always a pleasing variety of fresh fruit and vegetables to choose from. Also new this year is a unique range craft items which help to support a local charity.
The delicious clear and soft set honey, available throughout the year, is harvested from Quarr Abbey’s very own bee hives.
Another favourite for families visiting are Quarr Abbey’s own resident Pigs. Bags of pig food (cake) are available to buy in the farm shop for anyone who wants to give them a treat.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Toilets for disabled visitors - Toilet intended for customers who use a wheelchair available
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Refreshments Available
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Public toilets
- Toilets on Site
- French spoken
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners Club accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Information Point
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde.
Public Transport DirectionsNumber 9 bus from Ryde. Number 4 bus from East Cowes. From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde or take chain ferry to East Cowes and number 4 bus from there. From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good52
- Daniela GPetersfield, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyReally good lunchFriday, 30th October 2020Had a lovely lunch here, have previously only had cake and coffee. We had soup, sausage baguette and pizza flatbread, all enjoyed and the staff were lovely too. Food took a little while to come out... Read full review
- Julie JA perfect daySunday, 8th November 2020If you only have time to do one thing this is the place to visit. There is so much to do even though some of it closed due to obvious reason. The farm shop sales quality local produce as well as... Read full review
- FionaLondonLondonBest cafe food on the islandSunday, 13th December 2020We stopped here mid afternoon and had a fabulous light lunch. Great service, good social distancing and quality food. What's not to like? Read full review
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
|Opening (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* FREE ADMISSION AND CAR PARK
Open 7 days a week (except Good Friday)
* Summer - 10.00am-5.00pm • Sundays 11.15am-5.00pm
* Winter - 10.00am-4.00pm • Sundays 11.15am-4.00pm
* Disabled access
* Teashop: 01983 898543
• General enquiries: 01983 882420