Hovertravel is the fastest ferry service between Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight.
The hovercraft takes just 10 minutes to cross between Ryde and Southsea (Portsmouth) and transports passengers from shore to shore with no need for piers or pontoons. It is literally a case of being on the vessel for a few minutes before you are on the island and are getting off again.
There are large car parks at both terminals, bus connections and a convenient ‘Hoverbus’ service from Portsmouth train stations direct to Southsea Terminal. Ryde Terminal is next to Ryde’s Train and Bus station. Hovertravel is part of the national rail network which means you can buy a single, day return or period return fare from any train station, self service ticket machine or rail appointed travel agent which includes your hovercraft travel between Portsmouth & Isle of Wight, and Hoverbus transfer, plus your onward travel on the Isle of Wight (just ensure your tickets state Ryde Hoverport or route via Hovertravel!).
Hovertravel is also travel partners with National Express and Southern Vectis which means you can buy an all inclusive ticket from anywhere in the UK to any destination on the Isle of Wight including your Hovertravel service between Ryde and Portsmouth and Southern Vectis (Isle of Wight buses). National Express tickets are bookable on Hovertravel’s website.
Hovertravel operates every 30 mins (every 15mins at busy times) and it can carry up to 95 passengers per crossing. All passengers will receive help with luggage from friendly staff.
Hovertravel also offer great value on all-inclusive travel & attractions tickets and offer discounts for groups of over 15 persons. For more information, please visit their website.
The Hovercraft can carry 1 wheelchairs per crossing and allows pets to travel with their owners.
This is the only commercial hovercraft service remaining in the world and is the longest running – established in 1965.
Whether you have already planned your visit and are looking for a unique transportation experience or want to travel to the Island on the fastest ferry service, you can’t get much better than a trip with Hovertravel.
BOOK YOUR HOVERCRAFT TICKETS NOW USING THE BOX BELOW:
- Accessible Lift - Not necessary in terminal, Wheelchair lift to craft.
- Text Message Facility
- Wheelchair user accessible
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking - Council operated Coach parking nearby.
- Secure cycle parking
- Vending Facilities
- Air conditioning throughout
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Groups welcome - Please call 01983 811000 to book for a group of 15 persons or more, to book and gain group travel discounts.
- Open all year round - Except Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Open on bank holidays - Except Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Toilets on Site
- Educational Groups
- Information Point
Map & Directions
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Please check www.hovertravel.com for full timetable, including for Bank holidays. Winter Services Opening Times may varyDates and times marked with a '*' are provisional and may be subject to change