Weston Manor Bed and Breakfast forms part of this grade Two-star English Heritage listed Manor, run by Mike and Vicki Sparey. Ideally placed to enjoy the best of West Wight. We are situated in a rural setting away from the road surrounded by woodland and fields, Weston manor boasts its own private Pugin style Chapel. built in 1871 by William George Ward a Catholic convert, (An extract from English Heritage listing regarding Weston Manor) “This Manor is of more than special interest for its quality, completeness and rarity of survival”. We are offering a modern B&B experience in an historic building.
Our accommodation comprises of two double rooms, one twin, one single and one family room. All are decorated tastefully and have modern en-suites with power showers, flat screen TVs, tea and coffee facilities central heating and WI FI. The family suite is two rooms with an adjoining door both have en-suites and TV’s. Breakfast is available and can be added to your booking.
Just a few minutes walk from Weston Manor is Tennyson Down where a memorial has been erected in honour of the poet Laureate, here you will find the most amazing cliff top views with stunning sunsets making this a must if you visit west Wight. Cyclists (secure parking) and Walkers will love the breathtaking scenery on show along Military road’s Jurassic coast from Freshwater Bay to Blackgang Chine, or you could take the car giving you more time to search the national trust beaches for Dinosaur footprints left behind from previous visitors many years ago, fossils are still regularly found. Close by perched high above spectacular cliffs is Freshwater Bay Golf club for those who like a challenging eighteen-hole course. There is also a nine hole course at the Farringford again only minutes away. A visit to west Wight would not be complete without a trip to the Needles Park Alum Bay, where amongst other attractions you can enjoy a Boat trip around the Needles themselves, take the chair lift or the steps to the boats.
At the end of a busy day exploring we are happy for guests to relax and enjoy our garden with seating that overlooks the wood where Red squirrels, Woodpeckers, Badgers, sparrow hawks and many butterflies can be seen. Or if you prefer an evening in a local Pub the closest is just 3 minuets walk away. Hope you will like what we have done, we think the Manor is quite unique.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double||£82.90 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family two rooms||£169.40 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Single||from £46.00 to £200.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior double private lounge||£46.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin ground floor||£82.90 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*From £41 to £200 per Room per Night Multi night discount is available on most rooms. English breakfast optional when booking. Prices shown have had Breakfast included and are low season. Non refundable discounted option is also available
- Disabled Parking - We have two car park spaces close to the door for disabled customers and parents with children.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted) - No dogs only in B&B. Dogs accepted in Self Catering.
- Cater for vegetarians - Vegetarian Breakfast can be added to your booking
- Room Service - Rooms are cleaned daily unless requested otherwise. Towels changed every other day, bedding changed every fourth day if requested
- Serve breakfast - English Breakfast is available and can be added to your booking
- Special diets catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum age for accompanied Children. Minimum age of at least One guest is Eighteen.
- Cot - Free of charge
- Cot(s) available - Family room only
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair - Free of charge
- Highchair(s) available
- 2m distancing in place - During Covid restrictions we are limiting guests in our Breakfast room and operating Two sittings. This means you have to choose between sittings and maintain social distancing
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Capacity limit - During the covid restrictions we will accept a maximum of Six guests in the Breakfast at one time
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 refund and cancellation policy in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Individually wrapped toiletries
- Meal times must be booked - We are operating Two sittings for Breakfast to keep numbers to a minimum, when we have Seven guests or more
- Online booking possible
- Online ordering available
- Open now
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for visitors
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available - We can often provide a discount on Red funnel feries of 15% or more. Wightlink nothing to date
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- Night Keys
- No Pets - No pets in the B&B One pet permitted in the self catering phone for rates 01983755754
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Pets accepted - We only accept Pets in our self catering the Old Kitchens. No pets permitted in the B&B
- Real log/coal fires - Old Kitchens self catering ONLY
- Wireless Internet Access - Internet is provided free of charge but is not guaranteed
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - High down inn 3/4 minutes walk
- Golf Course close by
Parking & Transport
- Car parking - Free of charge. Two spaces close to the entrance for parents with small children and people with mobility problems. All other guests please use the main car park.
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking - Free of charge. Two spaces close to the entrance for parents with small children and people with mobility problems. All other guests please use the main car park.
- Secure cycle parking - Bicycles can be locked in our laundry overnight with prior arrangement.
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- BACS Accepted
- Cash Accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Country house - Surrounded by woodland
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest - Grade 2 star, Listed Chapel within the Manor of significant historic interest. Currently unavailable to view
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Ground floor bedrooms available - Twin en-suite only
- Ground Floor Room(s) - Twin en-suite only
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Modem point in all bedrooms - USB conections in all rooms on the first floor
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio all rooms - Via TV
- Radio in all bedrooms - Digital radio via T.V
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available - Minimum stay low season One Night. Minimum stay mid season Two nights. Minimum stay high season Three nights Old kitchens self catering Three nights
- Special provisions for cyclists - We can provide covered and locked facilities for bicycles.
- Special provisions for walkers - Out side tap for muddy books.
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
The directions to us are as follows.
By Car From East Cowes or Fishbourne follow signs for Newport then Yarmouth. From Yarmouth roundabout (the only one) follow A3054 towards Freshwater to next roundabout. Take first exit left. Follow through Freshwater (in one-way system keep to left) at next roundabout take the second exit, towards Freshwater bay, keeping the Petrol Station on your Right Continue to T junction. Turn right, follow road for 1.6 miles. Weston Manor is at the top of Moonshill on your right. Sat-Nav Post code P039 0HF Address Weston Manor, Moons Hill Totland bay, Isle of Wight. NOT WESTON LANE AS THIS IS THE SELF CATERING ENTRANCE ONLY
By Bus from Newport or Yarmouth Number 7 Destination Alum Bay / Totland Ask the driver to drop you off at Totland War Memorial / Toties Fish and Chip shop. With the Convenience store on your left, a roundabout in front of you Walk along Weston road (first exit off roundabout) to the end. Turn left into Hurst Hill, walk uphill to St Saviours Church; turn right into Weston lane with the Church on your left. Follow Weston lane to the end ignore the sign for Weston Manor on your left along Weston lane. At the end of Weston lane (High Down pub) turns left and follow the road uphill for Two minutes Weston Manor is on your left on the brow of the hill.
The following Bicycle directions take you the gentlest route or the quickest to us. From Cowes or Fishbourne ferries follow signs for Newport then Yarmouth on the A3054 once in Yarmouth turn left into Mill road this is next to Yarmouth C of E primary School then follow the cycle rout to Freshwater. From Yarmouth ferry cycle to the roundabout take first exit towards Newport then turn right into Mill road this is next to Yarmouth C of E primary School then follow the cycle rout to Freshwater At the road junction along the cycle path (bridge on your right) go straight across. At the end of the cycle rout (Afton road A3055) turn right cycle to the petrol station on your left for option 1 or continue to the roundabout for option 2 Option 1 Big hill but quickest rout 3.9 Miles from Yarmouth Turn left just past the Petrol station into Stroud road. Take next right into Camp road at the end of Camp road turn left onto Queens s road at the end of Queens s road turn right onto Moonshill Cycle to the top of the hill Weston Manor B&B is on your right at the brow of the hill. Option 2 a more gentle approach 4.6 Miles from Yarmouth At the roundabout take the first exit towards Freshwater town center cycle through Freshwater on the A3055, Until you pass the Fire station on your left, then take the next left into Upper Princess road. Cycle to the 90-degree left bend and turn right into Court road, follow this to the T-junction and turn right onto Summers lane then turn left into Weston lane (Church on your left) follow to the T-Junction and turn left past the High down pub Weston Manor is at the top of the short hill. NOT WESTON LANE AS THIS IS THE SELF CATERING ENTRANCE ONLY.
TAXI & Private hire Numbers Mick's Taxi 01983 752 936 Norton cars 01983 759955 07767428395 Jay's Taxi 01983 756555 07917173865 Rayner's Taxi 01983752784 A1 Taxi's 01983 759717.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TAXI & Private hire Numbers Mick's Taxi 01983 752 936 Norton cars 01983 759955 07767428395 Jay's Taxi 01983 756555 07917173865 Rayner's Taxi 01983752784 A1 Taxi s 01983 759717.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2022
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Check in is from Two pm to Ten pm. Two to Six by arrangement, Six to Ten no arrangement required