Welcome To Sentry Mead.
Your country Home by the Sea.
We want you to relax and enjoy your stay with us, and hope you will come to see us as your second home. Whatever we can do to make it memorable, please just ask and we will do what we can.
Whether you come by boat or ferry, a trip across the Solent makes the Isle of Wight a real holiday. We can help make this a little easier and cheaper, with discounted ferry options providing frequent connections to and from the mainland. If you book direct, we can offer you this service for free – just call us.
Sentry Mead is the perfect base to explore the West Wight and everything that the Island is famous for: pretty villages, coastal walks, glorious beaches, historic houses and so much more. We look forward to welcoming you to this jewel on the South Coast.
The whole Sentry Mead team wish you a really warm welcome to Sentry Mead.
With over 50 years’ experience in hotel management, the licensed trade and high end hospitality, Gayle and Mark head the team. They have been married for over 20 years and worked together for 15 of those years!
We hope you enjoy their professional but laid back way and if there is anything you need, they are always around for you.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite Room||£165.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin or Double En-suite Rooms||£180.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Discounted ferry options (Phone for details).
- Safety Deposit Boxes at Reception
- Bar - Bar open to residents all day serving drinks and bar snacks
- Cater for vegetarians
- Full liquor licence
- Outdoor eating area
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served 8.30 am to 10 am
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Dogs welcome - Local charges apply.
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities - Iron is available for guest use on ground floor only.
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Marquee Space Available
- Night Keys
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted - Local charges apply.
- Pets accepted by arrangement
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge
- Smokers welcome
- Wireless Internet Access
- French spoken
- Access to golf course - Within two miles of the 18-hole Freshwater Bay Golf Course and the 9-hole Farringford course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Stables within a mile
- Cycle Hire - Available from Yarmouth
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Gym - Not on site/local charge
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Local country club - charged locally
- Indoor pool - Not on site/local charge
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Electric Vehicle Charging Point
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Secure cycle parking
- American Express - 1% surcharge applicable
- American Express accepted - 1% surcharge applicable
- Apple Pay accepted
- BACS Accepted
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Country house
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Black Out facilities all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Ironing facilities in most rooms
- King sized bed all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Satellite TV all rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, A3055 to Totland.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, A3055 to Totland.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
- AA Awards - AA Breakfast Award 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2022
- AA Awards - AA Dinner Award 2016
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|Opening 2022 (14 Apr 2022 - 1 Nov 2022)|
|Opening 2023 (1 Mar 2023 - 1 Nov 2023)|
* Sentry Mead is now available to hire during autumn and winter in its entirety for families, friends or groups wanting to relax in the height of comfort and luxury.
We have 5 master suites with super king-size beds that can be twinned into single beds. The other 4 bedrooms are equipped with king-size beds and all the rooms have en-suite bathrooms with power showers.
Every bedroom is equipped with the latest Smart TVs featuring Netflix, Amazon prime and other streaming services.
Tea and coffee making facilities are available in all rooms and all rooms have access to a fridge.
The facilities available on the ground floor include a fully stocked, licensed bar, a large family lounge with large screen smart TV, Amazon Echo and lots of board games in case it rains. There is also a fantastic conservatory area, looking out across Sentry Mead lawns and gardens with views out to the Solent. Be prepared for some world class sunsets!!
The Dining Room has seating for 18+ people and dining can be configured to suit your entire group. The floorplan of Sentry Mead means you can all stay together or break off into smaller groups. So the youngsters can have their own space, whilst being close enough to be in touch.
Sentry Mead has a well-equipped professional kitchen with an abundance of fridge and freezer space. There is also an industrial dishwasher (so no arguing over who’s doing the dishes!) There is also a fully equipped laundry to the ground floor with use of large washing machines, tumble driers and ironing facilities.
We have a lovely patio area overlooking the lawns and mature gardens with views out to sea.
We have a large carpark so you have off road parking for at least 9 cars, ideal for large groups, we can also charge up to 4 electric cars at once.
We will be here at night for your entire stay and mostly during the days too, so if there is anything you need, we will be able to help.