Sentry Mead is a beautiful Victorian Country House set in its own spacious gardens in the tranquil surroundings of West Wight.
Just two minutes to the beach and with scenic downland walks on the doorstep, this is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Attentive hosts, good food and a wonderfully informal atmosphere all combine for a restful stay. Well behaved dogs are welcome and there is storage for bikes as well as drying facilities.
Sentry Mead is proud to offer 10 well-appointed en suite bedrooms with either bath, shower or a bath with shower over. All rooms have flat screen digital televisions, ipod dock, complimentary wifi, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryers, bathrobes and a range of toiletries. Some rooms also have a DVD player and USB charging station. Single occupancy rooms are available.
The Sentry Mead is licenced and guests have access to our comfortable lounge, sun lounge and garden terraces for the occasional drink, a pot of tea or coffee, a snack or light supper. Food is available five days a week during the evenings and each morning guests can enjoy a selection from our award winning breakfast including both continental and cooked options. Complimentary tea and coffee is available to guests each afternoon and will be served in the lounge.
Ferry inclusive prices available on request.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double en-suite Room||£100.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin or Double En-suite Rooms||£100.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Two rooms can be singles with a discount.
- Additional Meal Details - A selected bar snack menu is available most days. It is advisable to check this facility is operating during your stay.
- Bar - Bar open to residents all day serving drinks and bar snacks
- Bar meals
- Cater for vegetarians
- Evening meal available on request
- Full liquor licence
- Outdoor eating area
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast - Breakfast is served 8.30 am to 10 am
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- 24 hr return laundry service
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Dogs welcome - Local charges apply.
- Ferry discount available
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities - Iron is available for guest use on ground floor only.
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night Keys
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Pets accepted - Local charges apply.
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Separate guests' lounge
- Staff fluent in foreign languages ** (List of languages are separately given) - French
- Wireless Internet Access
- French spoken
- Access to golf course - Within two miles of the 18-hole Freshwater Bay Golf Course and the 9-hole Farringford course
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking - Stables within a mile
- Cycle Hire - Available from Yarmouth
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Gym - Not on site/local charge
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - Local country club - charged locally
- Indoor pool - Not on site/local charge
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- On site parking
- Secure cycle parking
- American Express - 1% surcharge applicable
- American Express accepted - 1% surcharge applicable
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Country house
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Black out facilities some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
- Sentry Mead
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, A3055 to Totland.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, A3055 to Totland.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No 1 bus route to Newport and change to No 7 to Totland.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport and change to No 7 to Totland.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Totland.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Gold 2008
- AA Awards - AA Breakfast Award 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2020
- AA Awards - AA Dinner Award 2016
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021