Free Admission and Car Park
Located in Quarr Abbey’s serene and beautiful surroundings of the walled gardens, you will discover the popular licensed teashop.
The teashop is making the most of their organically grown produce, that is freshly hand-picked every day, by creating it into their new mouth-watering sharer boards. With daily changing choices of meat platters, fish platters and ploughman’s for two the new sharer boards use the freshly picked salads and produce taken from the Abbey’s own allotments to create a delicious lunch for two. Each board has a selection of the Abbey’s tempting chutneys and preserved pears which are selected by the chef to compliment the beautiful meat, fish and local cheeses that are used to create them.
Perfect to share with a friend or loved one with a chilled glass of wine or refreshing glass of Quarr Abbey apple juice or cider; you can make the most of the sunshine and while away the hours in the tranquillity of the tea garden. The teashop also offers a wide range of sandwiches, soup, paninis and daily specials so there is something to suit everyone’s taste. Or for those with a sweet tooth then there are a large selection of scrumptious cakes and cream teas available every day. Perfect to accompany a speciality coffee made using Quarr’s own special blend of roasted coffee beans.
BUS & CYCLE ROUTES (DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES):
* Bus - Routes 4, 3 or Downs Breezer.
* More information: http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Take a mostly off road cycle ride from Ryde to visit Quarr Abbey.
* More information:
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted) - No dogs in the teashop but dogs are welcome in the tea garden. Water bowls are provided. Dogs must be on a lead at all times, including on the woodland walks. Dog waste bin is on the bridle way.
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Full liquor licence
- Outdoor eating area
- Serve afternoon tea
- Serve lunch
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Groups by arrangement
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde.
Public Transport Directions
Number 9 bus from Ryde. Number 4 bus from East Cowes. From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde or take chain ferry to East Cowes and number 4 bus from there. From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website at www.islandbuses.info/
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
TOILET - FOR CUSTOMERS WHO USE A WHEELCHAIR
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open (10 Jan 2022 - 23 Dec 2022)|
* * Open 7 days a week (except Good Friday and from Christmas Eve until 9th January 2022)
* Summer - 10.00am - 5.00pm • Sundays 11.15am - 5.00pm
* Winter - 10.00am - 4.00pm • Sundays 11.15am - 4.00pm
* Disabled access
* Teashop: 01983 898543
• General enquiries: 01983 882420