Our refurbished Victorian property, in the heart of Freshwater Bay, is located just a few minutes walk from the beach and borders footpaths and cycle routes in an area of outstanding natural beauty. St Agnes, the Island's only thatched church, Dimbola Lodge photography museum and Tennyson Downs are located at the end of the road.
The entire property underwent complete renovation during 2014/16. Original period features have been restored but the house is now fit for the 21st century; rooms are equipped with USB charging points and Smart TVs connected to high speed Wi-Fi.
The Bay has been certified as a Gold standard Green Leaders from TripAdvisor. Solar panels provide much of the building's electricity, heating and hot water, whilst lighting is provided by the latest energy saving LEDs and sensors turn lights on and off as required.
We've teamed up with Jenny Andrews-Smith, one of the Island's best and most in demand yoga teachers, to offer a perfect package of relaxation, mindfulness, stimulation and general wellness in West Wight.
With over 11 years yoga experience Jenny will run bespoke yoga sessions to meet individual abilities, whether you practise yoga on a regular basis, or want to experience it for the first time. These will take place in the stunning setting of Freshwater Bay (wet weather options also available).
You will get to practise your new mindfulness techniques whilst exploring the breathtaking landscape of West Wight in some carefully planned walks in the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Not forgetting to reward the whole body, we're also including a champagne afternoon tea at Jireh House, the oldest and most popular tearoom in West Wight: you are on holiday after all!
Available Mondays to Thursdays throughout the year except July and August.
* 1 - 3 people £395 per person (based on one person per room).
* 4 - 5 people £375 per person (based on sharing across three bedrooms).
* Alpaca/llama farm walk additional £19 per person.
* Blackout curtains
* USB charging points
* Bike racks
* Group bookings - book the whole house for your group.
As a small family-run property with only three guest rooms (family, double, twin/double); holidays at The Bay retain an intimate feel within a hotel quality setting.
You can check availability and book online via our website:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/Twin En-suite Room||£95.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin with Private Bathroom||£95.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite Room||£130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy - from £85
Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily/seasonal basis.
- Packed lunches by arrangement
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- 1m distancing in place
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Open now
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Groups welcome
- LGBT Friendly
- No Pets
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Residents lounge open all day
- Wireless Internet Access - High speed WiFi
- Cycle Hire
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Green Transport
- Off site parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Secure cycle parking
- BACS Accepted
- No smoking
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Black Out facilities all rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms - Smart TV
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed all rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Packed lunches available
- Wi-fi available
- Virtual tour of The Bay Boutique Bed & Breakfast
- Walking and cycling adventure video
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 7 to Freshwater.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport and change to No. 7 to Freshwater.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Freshwater.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - GreenLeaders Gold 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Beautiful South Awards Winners 2016/17 – Highly Commended 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice award 2020
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|