Our newly refurbished Victorian property, in the heart of Freshwater Bay, is located just a few minutes walk from the beach and borders footpaths and cycle routes in an area of outstanding natural beauty. St Agnes, the Island's only thatched church, Dimbola Lodge photography museum and Tennyson Downs are located at the end of the road.
The entire property underwent complete renovation during 2014/16. Original period features have been restored but the house is now fit for the 21st century; rooms are equipped with USB charging points and Smart TVs connected to high speed Wi-Fi.
The Bay has been certified as a Gold standard Green Leaders from TripAdvisor. Solar panels provide much of the building's electricity, heating and hot water, whilst lighting is provided by the latest energy saving LEDs and sensors turn lights on and off as required.
We've teamed up with Jenny Andrews-Smith, one of the Island's best and most in demand yoga teachers, to offer a perfect package of relaxation, mindfulness, stimulation and general wellness in West Wight.
With over 11 years yoga experience Jenny will run bespoke yoga sessions to meet individual abilities, whether you practise yoga on a regular basis, or want to experience it for the first time. These will take place in the stunning setting of Freshwater Bay (wet weather options also available).
You will get to practise your new mindfulness techniques whilst exploring the breathtaking landscape of West Wight in some carefully planned walks in the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Not forgetting to reward the whole body, we're also including a champagne afternoon tea at Jireh House, the oldest and most popular tearoom in West Wight: you are on holiday after all!
Available Mondays to Thursdays throughout the year except July and August.
* 1 - 3 people £395 per person (based on one person per room).
* 4 - 5 people £375 per person (based on sharing across three bedrooms).
* Alpaca/llama farm walk additional £19 per person.
* Blackout curtains
* USB charging points
* Bike racks
* Group bookings - book the whole house for your group.
As a small family-run property with only three guest rooms (family, double, twin/double); holidays at The Bay retain an intimate feel within a hotel quality setting.
You can check availability and book online via our website:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double/Twin En-suite Room||£85.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin with Private Bathroom||£85.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family En-suite Room||from £100.00 to £125.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Single Occupancy - £80
Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Serve breakfast
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Groups welcome
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Wireless Internet Access - High speed WiFi
Parking & Transport
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms - Smart TV
- King sized bed all rooms
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 7 to Freshwater.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport and change to No. 7 to Freshwater.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Freshwater.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - GreenLeaders Gold 2016
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Beautiful South Awards Winners 2016/17 – Highly Commended 2017
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|