For details of our 5 star reviews, prices and availability please see our advert on https://www.homeaway.co.uk/p8076088 - but come to us direct for the BEST PRICES.
The Auction House is a luxury mews house (sleeps 4), set in a tranquil courtyard, in the heart of Ryde. It is just 5 minutes stroll to the beach. It forms part of a stylish conversion of Ryde's Victorian sale rooms and has been equipped and furnished in a careful blend of contemporary and traditional boutique-hotel style to provide a relaxing and comfortable base for your holiday. The whole house is flooded with light throughout the day. Wifi is provided and a " Welcome" tray on arrival.
Downstairs the sitting room is furnished with Laura Ashley sofas and French windows open out onto the courtyard - perfect for bringing the outside in or sitting out with a glass of wine or morning coffee. The stylish kitchen/dining area incorporates a peninsular bar so the cook doesn't miss out on any action! The kitchen is well equipped with e.g. professional quality pans, Sophie Conran china and food processors. There is also a downstairs cloakroom.
Upstairs there is a beautiful mahogany, hand-carved four-poster bed in the main bedroom with stunning sunburst canopy. The twin bedroom is fresh and sunny. Both bedrooms have crisp bedlinen and proper pillows. There is a contemporary bathroom (large bath with power shower over). This is our own holiday home and we hope our guests will appreciate all the little extra touches which help to make it a home from home.
Outside there are two patio areas (one private area to the side of the house) furnished with mature hydrangeas, palms and shrubs. Seating/dining for 4 is provided and a BBQ. Car parking for one is available in the courtyard adjacent to the house. Additional paid car parking is available adjacent to the courtyard.
Ryde is an elegant seaside town in East Wight with many Victorian and Georgian buildings, including a restored pier, and easy access to the rest of the Island. There are plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants. There are 6 miles of wonderful, sandy beaches together with a marina and children's play parks. The seafront is a gentle 5 minute stroll away.
* 5 Star TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
* Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 with an 'Outstanding' rating on HomeAway.
* Bronze Award for Island Sustainable Tourism
For BEST PRICES please contact us direct by mobile (07565 563879), or e-mail (email@example.com).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good3
- haggertyj71Sheffield, United KingdomVery stylish property with everything we needed. In a good location.Wednesday, 19th June 2019Property suitable for 4 people comfortably close to town centre but very quiet. Plenty of things to see and do Close by. Read full review
- CasBrowserOxfordFantastic visit to the Isle of WightFriday, 9th August 2019Just had a fantastic one week stay at the Auction House, Ryde with my family of four. The property is very well situated within easy walking distance of everything you need, shops, great... Read full review
- Liz HSuperb accommodationThursday, 22nd October 2020Our stay at The Auction House in Ryde was very enjoyable. Great location. Everything top quality. Highly recommended. Great communication with the lovely owners. Would happily return. Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Auction House||from £330.00 to £1,095.00 per unit per week|
*For BEST PRICES please contact us direct by mobile (07565 563879) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) rather than through the main websites. We are always pleased to help guests avoid the substantial service fees all the major websites are charging! We accept payment by bank transfer, cheque or Paypal ( 2% surcharge ). We are also able to offer our guests 15% discount throughout the year on Red Funnel ferries.
We welcome guests for short breaks ( min. 3 nights ) from Oct.- June. Prices are from £110 per night.
Weekly stays are from £475 - £1195.
For guests staying a week or more we request a £150 damage deposit. This is fully refundable subject to no significant damage or excessive cleaning costs being incurred.
We offer discounts for winter guests wishing to stay over two weeks.
- BBQs for visitors use
- Outdoor eating area
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - We welcome little people of all ages and provide a travel cot, safety gate, high chair and electric socket covers.
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Cot - We provide a travel cot but ask guests to bring cot linen.
- Facilities for children
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- CD player in lounge
- Colour television in lounge
- DVD player in lounge - We provide a small DVD and book library.
- Ferry discount available - We are pleased to offer our guests 15% DISCOUNT FERRY CODES available for use throughout the year with Red Funnel and details of other offers with Wightlink. More details are sent once a booking has been confirmed.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use - There are two patio areas, one to the front of the house overlooking the communal courtyard and a private patio to the side of the house. Both are decorated with shrubs and flowers which thrive in the Island's mild climate. There are dining facilities for 4 and a BBQ.
- Linen provided - We provide all bed linen and towels but ask guests to bring beach towels with them for use at the beach and pool.
- No Pets
- Number of Bathrooms - There is a contemporary family bathroom upstairs ( large bath with power shower over) and a downstairs cloakroom
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Prior Booking Recommended - Due to our great 5 star reviews on all the major websites and our location, advance booking is needed unless you are travelling at a really quiet time of year. Our minimum notice required is 2 days
- Radio in lounge
- Tumble dryer
- Wireless Internet Access
- French spoken
- German spoken
- Italian spoken
- Spanish spoken
- Access to golf course - Ryde Golf Club is under a mile away
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - Ryde has a wealth of coffee bars, restaurants and cafes all just a minute or two from our house.
- Fitness facilities close by
- Golf Course close by - Ryde Golf course is on the outside of Ryde in the Newport direction , only a minute or two away by car.
- Health/Fitness/ Beauty Facilities - These are available at Lakeside Hotel and Spa at Wootten Bridge - less than 2 miles away
- Outdoor pool - The Esplanade pool has a retractable roof and is 10 minutes walk away
- Swimming Pool - The Esplanade pool is open overlooking the Solent. A spa indoor pool is available at Lakeside Hotel and Spa under 2 miles away.
- Swimming Pool close by - The Waterside swimming pool on The Esplanade is 10 minutes walk from the house and has a retractable roof for the warmer months. The Lakeside Hotel at Wootton Bridge on the outskirts of Ryde has lovely spa facilities and packages available - please refer to their website.
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - The main bus station is at the town end of Ryde pier, 5 minutes walk from the house with some bus stops even closer.
- Free parking
- Green Transport - A car is not essential for your visit and we have quite a few guests who prefer to use public transport only. There are ferry arrival points at East Cowes ( Red Funnel) and Fishbourne ( Wightlink) with connecting bus services to Ryde. Buses, train, hovercraft and catamaran facilities are all available just 5 minutes walk from the house.
- Off site parking - Additional parking for guests with a second car is available immediately adjacent to the entrance to the courtyard (tourist discount rates available).
- Off-road parking - There is a long-stay car park just adjacent to the driveway. Tourist passes are to purchase at the car park at just £5.75 per day ( min. 2 days) giving unlimited parking. There are several other short-stay car parks available close-by. Off-road parking is at a premium in Ryde.
- On Site Car Parking - There is parking for one car available in a designated parking space in the courtyard.
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance - The rail service connects Ryde Pier and the catamaran arrival point with the end of the pier and services on to Sandown and Shanklin. The steam railway entrance point is at Havenstreet just a couple of miles outside Ryde.
- Secure cycle parking - Guests are able to bring their own bikes and leave them securely in our lockable outhouse ( shared with our 3 neighbours).
- BACS Accepted
- Cheques accepted
- Weekend breaks
- In town/city centre - We are in a great location in a private tranquil courtyard yet all of Ryde's facilities are just around the corner. The beach and Esplanade facilities are just a leisurely short 5 minute stroll away.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms - There is one family bathroom ( bath with shower over) and a downstairs cloakroom.
- Digital TV
- Drying facilities - We have a washer-dryer and drying rack.
- Electricity Charges Included
- Four poster bed some rooms - The main bedroom has a beautiful,,, bespoke mahogany king-size bed with sunburst canopy - we like our guests to have a little luxury on holiday!
- Gas Charges Included
- Hairdryer available
- Ironing Facilities
- King sized bed some rooms
- No Smoking in Unit
- Shaver Point/s - Available in the bathroom. We also provide a convertor socket for non-UK guests.
- Two bedrooms
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Cyclists are able to keep their bikes securely in our locked outhouse ( shared with 3 neighbours).
- Special provisions for walkers - We provide an OS map of the Island and the Coastal Path is just 4-5 minutes walk away.
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2020
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Bronze - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous - TripAdvisor - Certificate of Excellence - 2019 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Bronze - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|All Year Round Availability (6 Sept 2019 - 31 Dec 2021)|
* We are delighted to welcome guests all year round..
We offer short breaks ( minimum 3 days) Oct. - June.