The cottages are in Monkton Street, Ryde, only a four minute walk from the seafront, ten minutes from the town centre and ideally situated for access to all parts of the island with its wide variety of scenery, sights and activities.
Ryde is a bustling seaside town with a harbour and fishing trips, excellent shopping centre, restaurants, inns and a 3 screen cinema. The wide, sandy beaches stretch for three miles all the way to Nettlestone Point. The clean, sheltered waters offer safe bathing for all ages with sun or shade as preferred. There are lovely walks along the coast, parks by the sea, bowling greens, putting greens, nine hole golf course, heated swimming pool and a boating lake. From the esplanade a hovercraft runs to Southsea and from the pier head a high speed ferry runs to Portsmouth with the famous dockyard museum with HMS Victory, HMS Warrior and the Mary Rose. A frequent train service operates from Ryde to Brading, Sandown and Shanklin, and buses run to all parts of the island where there are so many attractions to visit; Robin Hill Adventure Park, the Dinosaur Museum, Osbourne House, Blackgang Chine, Wildheart Animal Sanctuary and its tigers, Carisbrooke Castle, Amazon World, the Shipwreck Centre, Ventnor Botanical Gardens, the Landslip between Shanklin and Ventnor, the coloured sands at Alum Bay, the Haven Street steam railway and numerous walks on footpaths and by the sea and so much more one visit will not be enough.
• Each cottage is comfortably furnished and fully equipped for self-catering with full sized electric cooker, refrigerator, microwave, spin drier, iron and ironing board, electric heaters, radio, 32 inch television, DVD, duvets and blankets.
• Electricity is not included in the quoted price but is not more than the supplier’s rate. An extra charge is made for linen if required.
• We appreciate no smoking in the cottages and sorry, no pets.
• On the way to the seafront is a general store, newsagent, launderette, a café and a pub.
• There is no time limit for parking in the street and there is space in front of the cottages. Hyacinth Cottage has an off road parking space beside the house.
Hyacinth Cottage consists of a lounge/dining room and a kitchen downstairs, a steep, narrow, winding staircase leads to a double bedroom and bathroom. The bedroom has two 2ft 6ins single beds linked together making a king size bed but they can be separated if required. The bathroom has a toilet, wash basin and bath with shower. Outside there is a small front garden and parking for a car and at the side a patio with table and chairs.
Bay Tree Cottage consists of an entrance hall, lounge/dining room and kitchen downstairs and two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. The kitchen has a breakfast bar. The main bedroom has two 2ft 6ins single beds linked together making a king size bed, but they can be separated if required. The adjoining bedroom (access through the main bedroom) has two (2ft 6ins) single beds. A cot is available if required. The bathroom has a toilet, wash basin and bath with shower. There is a small front garden.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Bay Tree Cottage||from £145.00 to £405.00 per unit per week|
|Hyacinth Cottage||from £145.00 to £295.00 per unit per week|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
Children & Infants
- Cot - Available in Bay Tree Cottage
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- DVD player in lounge
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Both cottages have small, front gardens
- Linen available for hire
- No Pets
- Open all year round
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Golf Course close by - 9 hole golf course 1 mile away
- Swimming Pool close by
Parking & Transport
- Off-road parking - Hyacinth Cottage only - parking space beside the house. On street parking with no time limit for Bay Tree Cottage.
- In town/city centre
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Extra charge for electricity
- Ironing Facilities - Iron & ironing board
- King sized bed some rooms
- No Smoking in Unit
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|