The seventy room Royal Esplanade Hotel is a listed building pleasantly situated, facing the Solent, in the centre of the attractive sea-side town of Ryde.
The hotel underwent a programme of refurbishment in the winter of 2015/16 and is now re-open under new management.
The Royal Esplanade offers overnight accommodation from just £59 for two persons on a bed & breakfast basis – Plus a range of short break options, on a bed and breakfast basis or half board, including car ferry at very competitive rates.
The Hotel has a number of attractive function rooms for corporate functions, weddings and private celebrations and Harry’s Bar, Brasserie and Lounge are also open to non-residents.
There is extensive public car parking available on the seafront immediately opposite the Hotel.
Wightlink FastCat and Hovertravel offer Portsmouth to Ryde passenger only ferry services. Wightlink offers a car ferry service to nearby Fishbourne from Portsmouth and Red Funnel offer a car ferry service from Southampton to Cowes.
Check in time at the Hotel is from 2pm. Last check in time is 8pm (or by prior arrangement if you will be arriving later). Check out time is 10.00am.
- Arrival Date:
- Wed , 23rd May 2018
- Departure Date:
- Thur , 24th May 2018
- No. of Nights:
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good146
- judrops2018Greater London, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyJulieSunday, 20th May 2018Fantastic value hotel. Clare on reception looked after us so well during our stay. Hotel was homely, clean and all staff were very helpful and friendly. Very reasonably priced accommodation and... Read full review
- Nancy WTrip Type:CouplesGreat LocationSaturday, 19th May 2018Friendly and helpful staff and a great location to take the bus or trains and visit many places around the Isle of Wight. The hotel is a bit dated, but our room was clean and the hotel felt safe and... Read full review
- Stefan WMaidstone, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely old fashioned hotelWednesday, 16th May 2018Travel Zoo did us proud with this little gem. It's got an old fashioned charm with very friendly and efficient staff. Restaurant / food very good.Nice breakfast. It's positioning could let it down if... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|1. Classic Single En-suite Room - Prices From||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|2. Classic Twin/Double En-suite Room - Prices From||£59.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|3. Premier Twin/Double En-suite Room - Prices From||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|4. Premier Twin/Double Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£83.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|5. Superior Twin/Double Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£91.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|6. Family Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£115.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Half Board day rates and ferry inclusive short breaks and holidays also available.
- In town/city centre
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Off site parking - Affordable public parking opposite
- On street parking only - Affordable public parking opposite
- Railway station within walking distance
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|