The seventy room Royal Esplanade Hotel is a listed building pleasantly situated, facing the Solent, in the centre of the attractive sea-side town of Ryde.
The hotel underwent a programme of refurbishment in the winter of 2015/16 and is now re-open under new management.
The Royal Esplanade offers overnight accommodation from just £59 for two persons on a bed & breakfast basis – Plus a range of short break options, on a bed and breakfast basis or half board, including car ferry at very competitive rates.
The Hotel has a number of attractive function rooms for corporate functions, weddings and private celebrations and Harry’s Bar, Brasserie and Lounge are also open to non-residents.
There is extensive public car parking available on the seafront immediately opposite the Hotel.
Wightlink FastCat and Hovertravel offer Portsmouth to Ryde passenger only ferry services. Wightlink offers a car ferry service to nearby Fishbourne from Portsmouth and Red Funnel offer a car ferry service from Southampton to Cowes.
Check in time at the Hotel is from 2pm. Last check in time is 8pm (or by prior arrangement if you will be arriving later). Check out time is 10.00am.
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 21st Jan 2019
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 22nd Jan 2019
- No. of Nights:
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good175
- Sybil20LondonTrip Type:CouplesA fabulous New Year's Eve stayTuesday, 1st January 2019This was our first visit to the hotel and we were very impressed with the friendliness of all the staff, the high standard of service and the comfort of our room. Everything was very clean and well... Read full review
- carol4485London, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesChristmas 4 night break disappointmentTuesday, 1st January 2019What a disappointment. We visited this hotel in September 2018 for a brief look around, liked what we saw, so decided to book up a nice Christmas break together. We paid extra for a “superior... Read full review
- compuwightWootton, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFantastic New Year PartyTuesday, 1st January 2019Booked in with friends for new year party with overnight stay. Nice room, clean, warm although door lock could benefit from upgrade. Evening meal was very good and staff worked hard to serve 150 plus... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|1. Classic Single En-suite Room - Prices From||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|2. Classic Twin/Double En-suite Room - Prices From||£59.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|3. Premier Twin/Double En-suite Room - Prices From||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|4. Premier Twin/Double Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£83.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|5. Superior Twin/Double Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£91.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|6. Family Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£115.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Half Board day rates and ferry inclusive short breaks and holidays also available.
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Off site parking - Affordable public parking opposite
- On street parking only - Affordable public parking opposite
- Railway station within walking distance
- In town/city centre
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|