The seventy room Royal Esplanade Hotel is a listed building pleasantly situated, facing the Solent, in the centre of the attractive sea-side town of Ryde.
The hotel underwent a programme of refurbishment in the winter of 2015/16 and is now re-open under new management.
The Royal Esplanade offers overnight accommodation from just £59 for two persons on a bed & breakfast basis – Plus a range of short break options, on a bed and breakfast basis or half board, including car ferry at very competitive rates.
The Hotel has a number of attractive function rooms for corporate functions, weddings and private celebrations and Harry’s Bar, Brasserie and Lounge are also open to non-residents.
There is extensive public car parking available on the seafront immediately opposite the Hotel.
Wightlink FastCat and Hovertravel offer Portsmouth to Ryde passenger only ferry services. Wightlink offers a car ferry service to nearby Fishbourne from Portsmouth and Red Funnel offer a car ferry service from Southampton to Cowes.
Check in time at the Hotel is from 2pm. Last check in time is 8pm (or by prior arrangement if you will be arriving later). Check out time is 10.00am.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good205
- kayo SHigh Wycombe, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWe had expected it but still..Saturday, 17th August 2019It is one of the busiest time for them so they won't have to try too hard to get business. We knew this will be the faulty tower fare. Typical British B and B with chintz is a rare species now. But... Read full review
- Wendy STrip Type:FamilyNot the sameSaturday, 17th August 2019Have stayed here quite a few times before but probably won’t be back, loud music in the bar, inattentive and at times, rude staff. Bar closed 1030 pm on Saturday night! Bar person very... Read full review
- muskieman2017Southend-on-Sea, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesDissapointing StayTuesday, 20th August 2019I originally booked the hotel on the 15th of April, 2019. This was a surprise trip for my wife's birthday in July. The photos on the website appeared to show a nice hotel with nice rooms and ensuite... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|1. Classic Single En-suite Room - Prices From||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|2. Classic Twin/Double En-suite Room - Prices From||£59.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|3. Premier Twin/Double En-suite Room - Prices From||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|4. Premier Twin/Double Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£83.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|5. Superior Twin/Double Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£91.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|6. Family Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£115.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Half Board day rates and ferry inclusive short breaks and holidays also available.
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Off site parking - Affordable public parking opposite
- On street parking only - Affordable public parking opposite
- Railway station within walking distance
- In town/city centre
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|