The seventy room Royal Esplanade Hotel is a listed building pleasantly situated, facing the Solent, in the centre of the attractive sea-side town of Ryde.
The hotel underwent a programme of refurbishment in the winter of 2015/16 and is now re-open under new management.
The Royal Esplanade offers overnight accommodation from just £59 for two persons on a bed & breakfast basis – Plus a range of short break options, on a bed and breakfast basis or half board, including car ferry at very competitive rates.
The Hotel has a number of attractive function rooms for corporate functions, weddings and private celebrations and Harry’s Bar, Brasserie and Lounge are also open to non-residents.
There is extensive public car parking available on the seafront immediately opposite the Hotel.
Wightlink FastCat and Hovertravel offer Portsmouth to Ryde passenger only ferry services. Wightlink offers a car ferry service to nearby Fishbourne from Portsmouth and Red Funnel offer a car ferry service from Southampton to Cowes.
Check in time at the Hotel is from 2pm. Last check in time is 8pm (or by prior arrangement if you will be arriving later). Check out time is 10.00am.
- Arrival Date:
- Sat , 19th Oct 2019
- Departure Date:
- Sun , 20th Oct 2019
- No. of Nights:
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good211
- Hooligan-59London, United KingdomFriendly hotel, shame about the lift.Wednesday, 9th October 2019We stayed here for three nights, in a room on the third floor overlooking the sea. All staff were very polite and friendly. The room was large and very comfortable. The towels were lovely and soft... Read full review
- john bLondon, United Kingdomwhat a gemWednesday, 9th October 2019Just the sort of hotel i always look for. First visit to IoW and won't be the last. Already booked again for New Year Lovely topfloor room with an endlessly fascinating view. Just wish they could... Read full review
- FrazerKentHayes, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat locationMonday, 14th October 2019This was our third stay the location for this hotel is excellent and the staff are friendly, we had a sea view which we paid more for and just such a shame the windows are so dirty you can hardly see... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|1. Classic Single En-suite Room - Prices From||£45.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|2. Classic Twin/Double En-suite Room - Prices From||£59.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|3. Premier Twin/Double En-suite Room - Prices From||£75.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|4. Premier Twin/Double Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£83.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|5. Superior Twin/Double Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£91.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|6. Family Sea View En-suite Room - Prices From||£115.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Half Board day rates and ferry inclusive short breaks and holidays also available.
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Off site parking - Affordable public parking opposite
- On street parking only - Affordable public parking opposite
- Railway station within walking distance
- In town/city centre
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport and change to No. 9 to Ryde.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|