Romany Cottage - is a delightful cottage, having been awarded for years Tourist Board 4 star Gold Award. Situated in a quiet residential area in West Wight, Nr Freshwater and a short walking distance to Colwell and Totland Bays - part of the Round the Island Footpath. Close to Tennyson Down and Freshwater Bay where amazing views can be seen from its top across the Solent. Freshwater with its shops is 10 mins walk away.
Romany has in recent years been completely renovated and is a charming cottage which has been furnished and equipped with great care to provide accommodation of a high standard for six people in 3 bedrooms (2 double and 1 twin bedded room). The cottage offers free Wifi.
With all the main living rooms being south west facing, there are three sets of French doors, opening out onto the large patio and overlooking the attractive garden and wildlife pond. There are lovely wooden floors with rugs throughout the cottage. Upstairs there are three pretty bedrooms (2 doubles and one twin) with thick rugs and a well equipped modern stylish bathroom with a deep bath, overhead large headed shower, basin and w.c.
On the ground floor there is an attractive fitted kitchen equipped with an electric fan oven, gas hob, extractor, microwave, refrigerator with ice box and dishwasher, with a separate freezer in the side lobby. The kitchen has a charming breakfast area with seating for six.
In the lounge, there is a delightful open plan sitting room with a large leather sofa, arm chair; digital colour television with DVD/Freeview and an open fire. In the dining area part of the lounge, there is seating for six with a wood burning stove.
There is a downstairs w.c. with basin and a useful area in the hallway for hanging coats and removing boots.
The cottage is centrally heated and has double glazed leaded light windows and external doors. All heating, electricity, and bed linen is provided with small charge for a set of towels (hand and bath towel).
Romany has a charming enclosed garden which is south west facing and provides a lovely warm and protected spot to relax.
It has a wonderful large heart shaped wildlife pond as the central feature. Garden furniture is also provided on the patio, until late autumn and early spring months so that meals can be enjoyed outside. Three cars can be parked in the drive. There is a garage where small boats and bicycles can be stored and also a room, with an external entrance which is ideal for storage and airing clothing, which also houses a freezer and washing machine. Regular bus service within 5 minutes walk to Yarmouth and Newport and to the rest of the Island to explore.
Romany welcomes children age 12 years + regrettably no smokers including vapers or pets.
FOR REAL TIME AVAILABILITY AND TO BOOK ON LINE PLEASE GO TO:
https://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/south-coast/isle-of-wight/romany-cottage. WHERE YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO Holiday Cottages, THE AGENT HANDLING BOOKINGS AND FERRY BOOKINGS or call 01237 459888 or you can email them once you are on their website.
For comments from previous guests and returning guests who have stayed over the years at Romany, please go to www.relax-at-romany.co.uk.
Romany Cottage is available for weekly holiday bookings from Friday at 4pm to Friday - 10am. Short breaks are possible arriving any time from Friday to your leaving date, however the price will not be altered to reflect a shorter stay.
If you are seeking a holiday, close to useful amenities - shops- Co-Op/ Sainsburys, butchers, bakers, public swimming pool, pubs, beach, countryside and exploring the Island as well as a place to relax, then Romany is a great location for that.
Rain or shine we love it there, we really hope you will do too, as many before you who have already stayed at Romany.
We look forward to you as guests at Romany and visiting the beautiful Isle of Wight.
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 13th Aug 2020
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 14th Aug 2020
- No. of Nights:
Your Search for Romany Cottage:
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Romany||from £420.00 to £1,255.00 per unit per week|
*2 double rooms + 1 twin bedded room ( two single beds)
Cottage price is not reduced with less occupancy. No short breaks but you can arrive anytime from Friday until your leave date.
Free wifi. Linen included.
Gas and Electric included.
Linen and tea towels and hand towels no extra charge. Bath towels small charge- arrange when booking your accomodation and within 2 weeks of arriving.
Children age 12 years + welcome
Unfortinately no dogs, babies or smokers including vapers.
- Accessible Bedrooms - All bedrooms are on the 1st floor. The bathroom and stairs are not ideal for those with limited mobility.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted) - Guide dogs only accepted.
- Ramp / Level Access - Level access but the cottage is not suitable for those needing to use a wheelchair in the house due to its configuration.
- Text Message Facility - Texting possible please telephone to arrange
- BBQs for visitors use - Small BBQ for guests to use
- Outdoor eating area - Patio garden and chairs for six.
- Take away food - A number of take away facilities are near to the cottage.
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - Children accepted 12 years +
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - 10 mins walk Colwell Bay, 15 mins Totland Bay. Car parking at both if guests are not able to walk any distance.
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- CD player in lounge - TV can play CD's
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome - children over 12 years welcome
- Closed Christmas and New Year
- Colour television in lounge
- DVD available - within the TV
- DVD player in lounge - DVD in TV in Lounge
- Ferry discount available - Competitive ferry packages can be arranged through the agency handling bookings for this cottage.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use - Garden for guests use solely.
- Garden/patio for guests' use - Enclosed garden and patio for guests. Wooden patio chairs and table as well as other garden seating.
- LGBT Friendly
- Linen available for hire - Bath and hand towel set - £6.00 per set
- Linen available free of charge - Bedding including linen, tea towels, hand towels free of charge. Bath towels can be hired. Please enquire on booking
- Linen included - Except for bath towels which can be hired if required.
- Linen provided - Bedding, tea towels, hand towels are provided free of change. Bath towels can be hired.
- No Pets
- Number of Bathrooms - One. The cottage has a toilet in the bathroom upstairs and a downstairs toilet.
- Open all year round - Except Christmas and New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Prior Booking Recommended - Please check website for lastest booking information.
- Radio in lounge
- Wireless Internet Access - There is free Wifi at Romany, please ask for details when booking.
- 18 hole golf course - near by Freshwater Gold Course
- Access to golf course - Freshwater Golf Course is 10 mins by car.
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - Freshwater and Totland have a range of restarants and public houses.In addition there are a number of take aways - Chinese, Fish and Chips, cafe's etc
- Golf Course close by - Freshwater Bay Golf Course.
- Other sporting facilities - Freshwater Swimming Pool is 10 mins walk away in the same place as the Sports Centre, offering many sports - tennis, badminton to name just a few. Parking available and café in the Sports Centre.
- Swimming Pool close by - Freshwater Swimming Pool 10 mins walk
- Water sports facilities - Sports Centre at Freshwater includes indoor swimming pool
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Bus stop to the rest of the Island, Newport and locally - 5 walk mins from property
- Car parking - Off road parking - please note that the drive in long and narrow being 8 ft at the road end. There is a facility to turn around the car at the top of the drive if guests choose not to reverse up the drive.
- Free parking - In drive for 3 cars and also in quiet residential road where property situated - no restrictions
- Garage parking
- Off-road parking - Parking in drive for 3 cars. Please note that the drive in long and narrow being 8 ft at the road end widening to 16 ft. There is a facility to turn around the car at the top of the drive if guests choose not to reverse up the drive. The road is a quiet residential road with no parking restrictions.
- On Site Car Parking - Parking in drive for 3 cars. Please note that the drive in long and narrow being 8 ft at the road end and 16 ft at the top. There is a facility to turn around the car at the top of the drive if guests choose not to reverse up the drive. The road is a quiet residential road and no parking restrictions.
- On site parking - The drive can take at least 3 cars with a garage to turn cars around in if guests wish. Please note that the drive in long and narrow being 8 ft at the road end and widening out to 16 ft at the top of the drive. There is a facility to turn around cars at the top of the drive if guests choose not to reverse up the drive. The road is a quiet residential road with no parking restrictions
- Secure cycle parking - Lockable storage area for cycles
- American Express
- American Express accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Visa accepted
- Celebrity connection - Aka Bilk the famous clarinet player is reported to have stayed here, during the IOW Festivals in 1970's where he was a guest player. The Chief Gunner for the IOW in early 1900, had this house built as a holiday home!
- In countryside - Very close to the countryside
- Seafront - About 10 mins walk to the sea and Coastal Path around the Island. 10 mins walk to see a view of The Needles. Closest point is Colwell Beach- award winning beach.
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Broadband - Free Wifi - please confirm access required upon booking
- Colour TV - DVD and Colour Digital TV
- Digital TV - Colour Digital TV with DVD and Freeview
- Dishwasher - Dishwasher is in kitchen
- Drying facilities - Washing line facility outside
- Electricity Charges Included
- Freezer - Under the counter freezer .In locked side lobby for guests to use.. Freezer unit int fridge in kitchen
- Gas Charges Included
- Hairdryer available - One Hairdryer provided.
- Hairdryer in unit - One hair dryer
- Hairdryer some rooms - One hair dryer in one room
- Ironing Facilities - There is a washing machine, steam iron and iron board. As well as an internal washing line.
- Ironing Facilities - Steam Iron and Ironing Board
- No Smoking in Unit - Romany Cottage is for non smoking guests only.
- Open Fire - Initial logs provided.
- Radio in unit
- Shaver Point/s - Shaver point in bathroom
- Three bedrooms - 2 double rooms and 1 twin bedded room all on 1st floor
- Washing Machine - Washing machine in outbuilding
- Cyclists welcome - Secure storage for cyclists, excellent cycle trails to explore, close to ferry.
- Marketed to any other specialist market - Ideal for sporting and outdoor guests e.g.. canoeists and kayaking. bird watchers, sailing enthusiasts, photographers, artists, Meditation, ideal alternative therapies, due to the relaxing environment.
- Special provisions for cyclists - There is a garage where bikes can be padlocked in the garage. There is a locked side lobby which can be used as well.
- Special provisions for walkers - Exellent walking country with good trail information at the cottage. Location is an excellent base to explore the island and locally. Facilties at the cottage ideal for walkers- boots and outdoor clothing.
- Walkers Welcome - Excellent location and facilities at cottage for walkers
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Romany Cottage is situated in a quiet residential road, with no parking restrictions. Parking is also available on the drive.
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, A3055 to Totland.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, A3055 to Totland.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland.
About 5 mins by car to Yarmouth for the Ferry to Lymington and about 45 mins to Fishbourne Ferry Terminal to Porsmouth or Cowes Ferry Terminal for Southampton.
Public Transport Directions
Excellent links to the rest of the Island being a 5 mins walk to the bus stop - with regular buses around the Island and to Newport.
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
PARKING (multiple unit properties)
ACCESS TO ALL AREAS
BEDROOM(S) AND BATHROOM(S) - GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 Visit England Stars Self Catering
- Visit England Awards - Annual Gold 2017
- Visit England Awards - Cyclists Welcome 2017
- Visit England Awards - Walkers Welcome 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2020
|Opening (1 Jan 2019 - 18 Dec 2020)|
* Sorry closed Christmas and New Year
You can always start your holiday in the week commencing on Friday, so you can arrive on a Sunday for example if this is more suitable, but you must leave by 10am on Friday.