One Holyrood provides unique and comfortable accommodation by offering 6 en-suite bedrooms in the centre of Newport. The owners of this Grade II listed building have worked with conservation officers to create a charming and unusual purpose built building by meeting the challenge demanded of a listed early 17th century building. It is the perfect place to stay for visitors to the Island's capital and for those wanting easy access to other parts of the Island.
Having undergone complete reconstruction and refurbishment One Holyrood provides a cozy and homely retreat for all of our guests. We strive to achieve high standards in all aspects to accommodate for all of your individual needs and requirements. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and hospitality.
Each of our rooms are uniquely decorated, and within each of them we offer crisp and clean bedding/linen and large towels, hand towels and bath mats, toiletries including soaps and shower gels/body wash, tea/coffee making facilities with complimentary biscuits, a hairdryer, television with Freeview and unlimited free WiFi access. An iron and ironing board are also available on request.
Breakfasts are included in the room price, and are served from 8am - 9:30am, however an earlier time can be arranged on request to accommodate our guest's schedules. A variety of teas and cafetiere coffee are available with breakfasts. Continental breakfast includes a variety of cereals, breads, yoghurts and fruit, along with freshly prepared fruit salad and high-quality fruit juices. A cooked breakfast is also available. We try to use as much local produce for breakfasts as is available to us.
We are licensed serving a selection of local beers and wines.
One Holyrood is within easy walking distance of the Isle of Wight Festival and an easy drive to the Bestival site.
Our central location is ideal in the Island's principle town. Newport has two elegant squares and the many fine town houses date from Georgian and early Victorian times. Historic buildings have been restored to provide the tiny Apollo Theatre in Pyle Street and the internationally famous Quay Arts Centre, just around the corner from One Holyrood B&B and offering varied shows and exhibitions throughout the year.
The Island is home to many remarkable historical buildings and sites, such as Carisbrooke Castle, Osborne House, Newport and Brading Roman Villas, The Needles Old Battery and plenty more historic sites and monuments, conserved and proudly displaying the island's heritage.
For discounted Ferry travel with Red Funnel please see our website
- Arrival Date:
- Sun , 19th Aug 2018
- Departure Date:
- Mon , 20th Aug 2018
- No. of Nights:
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good42
- Janet KHolidayWednesday, 8th August 2018We stayed for five nights and found one Holyrood very central for getting around the island. The breakfasts were excellent and good value for money. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. Would... Read full review
- cmdevlin64Washington DC, District of ColumbiaTrip Type:FamilyBest of Both Worlds with a wonderful cafeSaturday, 4th August 2018We enjoyed our stay in the rooms upstairs as well as wonderful breakfasts and lunch in the cafe. We were welcomed and taken good care of. The rooms in the back are quieter, but there's a room in the... Read full review
- Liz BBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:BusinessBusiness tripWednesday, 25th July 2018Stayed here during a work trip for 1 night. The owner was absolutely lovely and very welcoming. It was overall a good experience- the room was spotlessly clean and toiletries etc provided however I... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-Suite||from £80.00 to £260.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite||from £80.00 to £240.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Ironing facilities - Iron & Ironing Board available on request
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
Room / Unit Features
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer available - On request
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport.
For further information please visit the Southern Vectis travel office at Ryde, bottom of pier or the Tourist Information Centre at West Cowes, opposite ferry terminal entrance and at Yarmouth, left of terminal.
- 4 AA Stars
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Travel Ambassador Green Star Award 2017
|Open (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
* Tea Room open 9am to 5pm
Check in from 12.00 midday - 6.30pm (please give approximate time of check-in)