Family camping in a quiet, rural area with magnificent sea and downland views. Located on the outskirts of Freshwater village, 2 miles from Yarmouth ferry port and the Needles.
- Camping for tents, touring caravans and motor caravans (no statics) on large level field.
- Electric hook-ups.
- Excellent shower and toilet facilities.
- Playing field with BBQ area.
- Close to the shops, beach, bus route.
- Ferry booking service.
- Spectacular downland and coastal walking area.
* Based on 2 adults & include a pitch fee. Child rates are available on application.
* 4 Night break including ferry from £124.00
**AWARDED DAVID BELLAMY GOLD AWARD**
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good30
- Fi897Trip Type:FamilyGreat quiet campsiteMonday, 17th September 2018We turned up to use the backpackers area, but all the pitches looked of a good size and price. It is located in a quiet area, with shrubs and trees making it feel more quaint and peaceful. The... Read full review
- BoddiesHigham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely locationSaturday, 29th September 2018Our first time on the island and we were really pleased with the location of the camp site and the over 50's deal. A lovely large flat pitch close to the amenities was much appreciated. Clean showers... Read full review
- Norfy88WiltshireTrip Type:CouplesLovely and peaceful. Great locationSaturday, 6th October 2018This campsite is in the middle of houses but you wouldn't know it. We were here in September so expected it to be quiet and it was. Wardens were very helpful and we had a great corner pitch. The... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Motor Caravans||£16.00 per pitch per night|
|Tents||£14.00 per pitch per night|
*Our rates are per pitch inclusive of two people.
For extra adults/children or our Back Packer rates please contact for details
- Disabled persons toilet
- Wheelchair user accessible
- BBQs for visitors use
- Ice Pack Freezing
- Picnic area
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum age
- Children's play area - Outdoor play area.
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Outdoor children’s play area
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Calor/Camping Gaz purchase/exchange service
- Chemical disposal point
- Chemical toilet disposal facilities
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Dedicated motor vehicle waste disposal point
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Dogs welcome - Dogs welcome on many pitches
- Electric hook-up points
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Gas cylinder exchange
- Grass pitches
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Latest arrival time (24 hr clock) - 2100hrs
- Open on bank holidays
- Overnight holding area
- Pets accepted by arrangement - dogs only
- Pitches with sea view
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Public Telephone
- Public toilets
- Rallies welcome
- Shower block
- Toilet Block
- Waste Disposal Point
- Arrangements for riding/pony trekking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Fitness facilities close by - West Wight Sports Centre 5 minute drive away
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Parking next to pitch
- Cash Accepted
- Cheques accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
Room / Unit Features
- Shaver Point/s
- Camping and Caravanning Club non members welcome
- Caravan Club non members welcome
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, off A3054 Yarmouth - Totland Road.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, off A3054 Yarmouth - Totland Road.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, off A3054 Yarmouth - Totland Road.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 7 to Freshwater.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport and change to No. 7 to Freshwater.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Freshwater.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 AA Pennants Holiday Park
- 4 Visit England Stars Camping & Touring Park
- David Bellamy Conservation Awards - David Bellamy Gold 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - British Holidays and Home Parks 2018
|Opening 2019 (28 Apr 2019 - 30 Sept 2019)|