Coast and Country Holidays : Orchard Lee, Eastern Lee and Tudor Lee
Our family-run luxury holiday houses have been welcoming visitors for over 20 years to Wellow, near Yarmouth, in the beautiful West Wight.
Both our large bungalows have 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, are wheelchair friendly and have been designed for ease of access for families and for those with restricted mobility.
Orchard Lee, in its own field, is level entry throughout and boasts a splendid large wet room with fully accessible rainhead shower. With underfloor ground source heating throughout, the large airy living rooms, en suite bath and shower rooms and well equipped kitchens provide excellent accommodation, which is warm in winter and cool in summer, and is wheelchair accessible throughout. A verandah runs the length of the house offering an outside dining space and chairs to relax and look out over the fields and countryside to the Downs. Orchard Lee has won awards for its environmentally friendly construction and is run on ‘green’ principles. There is parking for cars giving direct access to bedrooms.
Eastern Lee, perched at the edge of the hamlet of Wellow, has fields on 2 sides and has uninterrupted views to the Downs and Brighstone Forest. Built with 1920s character it has been brought up to 21st Century luxury standards with ground source heating and a high standard of equipment. Downstairs is spacious and wheelchair accessible. Large patio doors lead into a new ‘garden room’ with windows on 3 sides, which flows into kitchen and dining room with table large enough to seat 10. One of the downstairs bedrooms is accessible from the patio, and shares a downstairs shower room with accessible shower with a second bedroom which looks over the village. Both upstairs bedrooms are en suite and have far reaching views towards the Downs, one with superking bed has views to Yarmouth. This house has an enclosed back garden and is situated very near to footpaths making it ideal for people planning walking holidays or wishing to bring a dog.
Tudor Lee is a luxury one bedroom hideaway in a wing of our listed stone-built farmhouse, having its own entrance and surrounded by mature gardens. The entrance is through a large conservatory which provides a fine ‘semi outdoors’ eating, living and relaxing space. The L shaped living room has sofa and chairs, a dining area with windows at 3 levels and gives onto a compact well equipped kitchen. A flagstoned entrance hall leads upstairs to a very large bedroom with superking bed (or twin divans) sofa and second television and DVD player. The splendid bathroom has bath with shower over.
All our properties are offered with beds made up with duvets, towels and household linen. Electricity, heating and WiFi is included. All houses are equipped with televisions with Freeview, DVD players, radio, electric ceramic hob , full sized oven, microwave, dish washer, washing machine and tumble drier.
Private parking is available with each house.
Bike storage is available.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Eastern Lee||from £180.00 to £1,600.00 per unit per week|
|Orchard Lee||from £180.00 to £1,800.00 per unit per week|
|Tudor Lee||from £180.00 to £550.00 per unit per week|
*Prices from £140 for weekend for 2.
- Accessible Bedrooms
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Ramp / Level Access
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Wheel-in Shower
- BBQs for visitors use
- Outdoor eating area
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Babes in Arms
- Children's videos/DVDs available
- Cot(s) available
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Beach/Coast 10 min walking distance
- CD player in lounge - TV DVD players supercede CD players. CD player supplied on request.
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Children aged 5+yrs welcome
- Colour television in lounge - FreeView is available or WiFi for own film viewing.
- Dogs welcome - Dogs by arrangement @ £15 per night per dog or £50 per dog per week Regret NO DOGS at TUDOR LEE
- DVD available
- DVD player in lounge
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged - Please contact us for trade rate ferry fares.
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use - Orchard Lee is set in its own field which is bounded by a stream and hedges but is unfenced. Eastern Lee has a fenced back garden Tudor Lee is surrounded by mature gardens.
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Grazing Paddock for horses - By arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Linen at extra cost
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen included - Duvets are provided as standard. Sheets and blankets available on request
- Linen provided
- Number of Bathrooms - Orchard Lee and eastern Lee each have 3 bathrooms. Orchard Lee has a wheelchair accessible wet room. Eastern Lee has an accessible shower room. Tudor Lee is not wheelchair accessible
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas - Real Christmas trees are supplied, either decorated or rewith lights ready for guests to decorate.
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Pets accepted
- Pets accepted by arrangement - Pets by arrangement. Dogs at £50 per week or £15 per dog per night. Regret NO DOGS at TUDOR LEE
- Pets welcome - Pets by arrangement. Dogs at £50 per week or £15 per dog per night. Regret NO DOGS at TUDOR LEE
- Pre-school children welcome (0-4yrs)
- Single Sex groups welcome
- Stag and hen parties welcome - By arrangement. Taxis can be arranged.
- Tumble dryer
- Waste Disposal Point
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties
- Wireless Internet Access
- French spoken
- Cycle Hire - May be arranged through local provide
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - 10 minute walk
- Fishing - Trips may be arranged, sea fishing or from Pier or beach.
- Fitness facilities close by
- Garden games
- Private shooting rights
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Green Transport
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking
- BACS Accepted
- Cash Accepted
- Cheques accepted
- Euros accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Midweek breaks
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Weekend breaks
- Based on a Working Farm
- Country house - Tudor Lee is a wing of our listed stone built farmhouse
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
- Of historic, literary or architectural interest
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths all rooms - Each bedroom accesses a bath or shoer room.
- Baths some rooms
- CD player some rooms
- Colour Television some rooms
- Colour TV
- Digital TV
- Digital TV Some Rooms
- Drying facilities - Available in Tudor Lee
- DVD Player some rooms
- Electricity Charges Included
- Four bedrooms - Orchard Lee and Eastern Lee offer 4 bedrooms WITH OUT OF SEASON, 2 rooms possible. Tudor Lee has one bedroom only
- Ground Floor Room(s) - Ground floor wheelchair accessible bedrooms are available in Orchard Lee and Eastern Lee
- Hairdryer available
- Hairdryer in unit
- Hairdryer some rooms
- Ironing Facilities - irons and boards in all houses
- Ironing Facilities - Irons and ironing boards in all houses
- King sized bed some rooms - %ft and 6 ft beds are available in all houses.
- No Smoking in Unit
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers some rooms
- Two bedrooms - Outside school holidays, Orchard Lee and Eastern Lee may be offered with 2 rooms closed, 2 bedroomss available
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as green/environmentally friendly - Orchard Lee is Green Gold Award winning house with EPC rating A Eastern Lee and Orchard Lee have heating and hot water from ground source heat pumps. Solar panels provide elecricity to Orchard lee.
- Marketed to any other specialist market
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists
- Special provisions for walkers
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
- Tudor Lee
- Orchard Lee
- Eastern Lee
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
|Open New Year|
|Open (1 Jan 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|