Castle / Fort
Isle of Wight
Tel: +44 01983 760678
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£4.90 per ticket|
|Child Ticket||£2.90 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£4.40 per ticket|
|English Heritage Members||Free|
|Family Ticket||£12.70 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
A Tudor Castle in a beautiful seaside town. Climb to the battlements and enjoy the very best views of sailing in the Solent. As you watch the yachts pass through the narrow channel between Yarmouth and the New Forest, you will understand why Henry VIII built this, his final fortress. Commanding the mouth of the Solent since 1547, Yarmouth was the first Arrow Head Castle in Britain. Picnic on the rampart lawns and enjoy magnificent views over the Solent.
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
A bus or bike trip to this petit but perfectly formed sea defence. Head up to the bowling lawn turret and aim old cannon at invading tourists as they bear down in iron clad ferries. By Bus take the Island Coaster or Route 7 bus from Newport, by bike take a tiny nibble of the Taste Round the Island Cycle Route just from Freshwater along the West Wight rail trail cycleway- a safe mostly off road route along a stunning estuary. Hire bikes from West Wight rentals in Yarmouth.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map:
* Bus info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Wight Cycle Hire: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/wight-cycle-hire-p155821
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
Parking & Transport
- On site parking close by
- Picnic area
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Gift shop
- Open on bank holidays
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 7 from Newport.
Ferry: Wight link 0870 582 7744 ( Lymington – Yarmouth)
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good62
- Patricia WChristchurch, United KingdomYarmouth Castle, summer only!Monday, 2nd January 2017We loved our visit to Yarmouth Castle last summer but please remember that it is not open all year. Very interesting and we plan to return for another visit. Read full review
- Ludders_11Gravesend, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWorth a visitThursday, 1st December 2016This is an interesting castle, not large but a good example of a castle of this kind. It is an English heritage site. There are a few information boards to explain things. Read full review
- Sara GNorwich, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyBijou castleSaturday, 5th November 2016One of the smallest castles I've ever visited! The seaward facing 'half' is essentially a gun platform for C16th cannons - there are lovely views of the Solent from here. There is a fascinating... Read full review
|Winter 2016/2017 (31 Oct 2016 - 31 Mar 2017)|
|Summer 2017 (1 Apr 2017 - 30 Sept 2017)|
|October 2017 (1 Oct 2017 - 30 Oct 2017)|