Castle / Fort
Isle of Wight
Tel: +44 01983 760678
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£4.90 per ticket|
|Child Ticket||£2.90 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£4.40 per ticket|
|English Heritage Members||Free|
|Family Ticket||£12.70 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
You need to book your visit online and in advance.
A Tudor Castle in a beautiful seaside town. Climb to the battlements and enjoy the very best views of sailing in the Solent. As you watch the yachts pass through the narrow channel between Yarmouth and the New Forest, you will understand why Henry VIII built this, his final fortress. Commanding the mouth of the Solent since 1547, Yarmouth was the first Arrow Head Castle in Britain. Picnic on the rampart lawns and enjoy magnificent views over the Solent.
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
A bus or bike trip to this petit but perfectly formed sea defence. Head up to the bowling lawn turret and aim old cannon at invading tourists as they bear down in iron clad ferries. By Bus take the Island Coaster or Route 7 bus from Newport, by bike take a tiny nibble of the Taste Round the Island Cycle Route just from Freshwater along the West Wight rail trail cycleway- a safe mostly off road route along a stunning estuary. Hire bikes from West Wight rentals in Yarmouth.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map:
* Bus info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Wight Cycle Hire: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/wight-cycle-hire-p155821
- Picnic area
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- On site parking close by
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 7 from Newport. For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
Ferry: Wight link 0870 582 7744 ( Lymington – Yarmouth)
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good123
- Skywalker3East AngliaSmall but interestingSunday, 23rd May 2021Small and compact, this isn’t a castle that will take you hours to explore (in fact 45 mins will probably do). It’s an insteresting layout and great views across the Solent (if you don’t visit when... Read full review
- 3elliotwFareham, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaySolent castle viewsSunday, 23rd May 2021We are English Heritage members and so thought we would have a look whilst on the IOW. It is a small castle but gives another fascinating insight into our heritage and was very welcoming. Lovely... Read full review
- Ken MWadhurstGreat piece of historyMonday, 7th June 2021Great place to visit - loved the whole experience. Might not be suitable for anyone with mobility issues - there are steps and uneven floors to negotiate. You can go around at your own pace - so it... Read full review
|Open (17 May 2021 - 30 Sept 2021)|