Castle / Fort
Isle of Wight
Tel: +44 01983 760678
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£4.90 per ticket|
|Child Ticket||£2.90 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£4.40 per ticket|
|English Heritage Members||Free|
|Family Ticket||£12.70 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
You need to book your visit online and in advance.
A Tudor Castle in a beautiful seaside town. Climb to the battlements and enjoy the very best views of sailing in the Solent. As you watch the yachts pass through the narrow channel between Yarmouth and the New Forest, you will understand why Henry VIII built this, his final fortress. Commanding the mouth of the Solent since 1547, Yarmouth was the first Arrow Head Castle in Britain. Picnic on the rampart lawns and enjoy magnificent views over the Solent.
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
A bus or bike trip to this petit but perfectly formed sea defence. Head up to the bowling lawn turret and aim old cannon at invading tourists as they bear down in iron clad ferries. By Bus take the Island Coaster or Route 7 bus from Newport, by bike take a tiny nibble of the Taste Round the Island Cycle Route just from Freshwater along the West Wight rail trail cycleway- a safe mostly off road route along a stunning estuary. Hire bikes from West Wight rentals in Yarmouth.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map:
* Bus info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Wight Cycle Hire: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/wight-cycle-hire-p155821
- Picnic area
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- On site parking close by
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 7 from Newport. For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
Ferry: Wight link 0870 582 7744 ( Lymington – Yarmouth)
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good128
- W RColchester, United KingdomYarmouth CastleSunday, 22nd August 2021The smallest castle we've been too but it had lots of history, artefacts and plenty of views over the channel/solent. Ideal for a quick visit before catching the ferry. Lots of steps so not ideal... Read full review
- John GUnited KingdomTrip Type:CouplesSmall but still worth a visit.Wednesday, 25th August 2021Worth an hours visit to this small castle. If you have just been to Carisbrooke castle it may feel like an anti-climax. Nice view from the outside area upstairs and a few interesting rooms. This is... Read full review
- Derek FA Happy GrandsonThursday, 26th August 2021So much in such a small space! Over many years we have intended to drop in and visit. At last we made it driving down from Oxford for the day on a keeping-the-grandson-occupied-during-the-holidays... Read full review
|Open (17 May 2021 - 30 Sept 2021)|