Castle / Fort
Isle of Wight
Tel: +44 01983 760678
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£4.90 per ticket|
|Child Ticket||£2.90 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£4.40 per ticket|
|English Heritage Members||Free|
|Family Ticket||£12.70 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
You need to book your visit online and in advance.
A Tudor Castle in a beautiful seaside town. Climb to the battlements and enjoy the very best views of sailing in the Solent. As you watch the yachts pass through the narrow channel between Yarmouth and the New Forest, you will understand why Henry VIII built this, his final fortress. Commanding the mouth of the Solent since 1547, Yarmouth was the first Arrow Head Castle in Britain. Picnic on the rampart lawns and enjoy magnificent views over the Solent.
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
A bus or bike trip to this petit but perfectly formed sea defence. Head up to the bowling lawn turret and aim old cannon at invading tourists as they bear down in iron clad ferries. By Bus take the Island Coaster or Route 7 bus from Newport, by bike take a tiny nibble of the Taste Round the Island Cycle Route just from Freshwater along the West Wight rail trail cycleway- a safe mostly off road route along a stunning estuary. Hire bikes from West Wight rentals in Yarmouth.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map:
* Bus info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Wight Cycle Hire: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/wight-cycle-hire-p155821
- Picnic area
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- On site parking close by
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 7 from Newport. For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
Ferry: Wight link 0870 582 7744 ( Lymington – Yarmouth)
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good129
- dragonara2Honiton, United KingdomAmzing viewsSunday, 24th October 2021There was more to see here than we first thought as the castle was more complete than many. The young man in reception was helpful and didn't try to push English heritage membership thankfully. he... Read full review
- M KCoventrySmall castle, great placeTuesday, 26th October 2021It was probably the smallest castle I have ever been to, as most of forts or even a batteries on the British coast are bigger and more impressive, however I enjoyed every minute of our visit there... Read full review
- 798nhNewton Le Willows, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely little fortThursday, 11th November 2021An interesting little castle on the waters edge, with good info boards dotted around the place telling you what went on, when and why. There are some good views from the top and there are picnic... Read full review
|Open (1 Apr 2022 - 31 Oct 2022)|
* Closed: 1st November 2021 - 31st March 2022.