Castle / Fort
Isle of Wight
Tel: +44 01983 760678
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£4.90 per ticket|
|Child Ticket||£2.90 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£4.40 per ticket|
|English Heritage Members||Free|
|Family Ticket||£12.70 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
A Tudor Castle in a beautiful seaside town. Climb to the battlements and enjoy the very best views of sailing in the Solent. As you watch the yachts pass through the narrow channel between Yarmouth and the New Forest, you will understand why Henry VIII built this, his final fortress. Commanding the mouth of the Solent since 1547, Yarmouth was the first Arrow Head Castle in Britain. Picnic on the rampart lawns and enjoy magnificent views over the Solent.
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
A bus or bike trip to this petit but perfectly formed sea defence. Head up to the bowling lawn turret and aim old cannon at invading tourists as they bear down in iron clad ferries. By Bus take the Island Coaster or Route 7 bus from Newport, by bike take a tiny nibble of the Taste Round the Island Cycle Route just from Freshwater along the West Wight rail trail cycleway- a safe mostly off road route along a stunning estuary. Hire bikes from West Wight rentals in Yarmouth.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map:
* Bus info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Wight Cycle Hire: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/wight-cycle-hire-p155821
- Picnic area
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Gift shop
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- On site parking close by
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 7 from Newport.
Ferry: Wight link 0870 582 7744 ( Lymington – Yarmouth)
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good104
- ANDICHARGEDartmouth, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesInterestingTuesday, 19th February 2019We went during February whilst on a short break to Norton Grange. Unfortunately most of it was closed, however it was interesting reading the history and viewing what we could Read full review
- Charles HLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesHidden HistorySaturday, 6th April 2019A little bit of history, hidden away within the centre of town, right next to the ferry terminal. Certainly worth a detour, if you happen to have 30+ minutes to spare in Yarmouth. Read full review
- adrianrM7277DUTrip Type:FamilyIntrestingTuesday, 9th April 2019The castle, whilst not huge is still worth a visit. We spent about 90 minutes walking around the different rooms and reading the different boards of intrest. The castle is set in a small but nice... Read full review
|Open (30 Mar 2019 - 30 Sept 2019)|