Castle / Fort
Isle of Wight
Tel: +44 01983 760678
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Ticket||£4.90 per ticket|
|Child Ticket||£2.90 per ticket|
|Concession Ticket||£4.40 per ticket|
|English Heritage Members||Free|
|Family Ticket||£12.70 per ticket|
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
You don't need to book your visit online in advance, but you will always get the best price and guaranteed entry by booking online ahead of your visit.
A Tudor Castle in a beautiful seaside town. Climb to the battlements and enjoy the very best views of sailing in the Solent. As you watch the yachts pass through the narrow channel between Yarmouth and the New Forest, you will understand why Henry VIII built this, his final fortress. Commanding the mouth of the Solent since 1547, Yarmouth was the first Arrow Head Castle in Britain. Picnic on the rampart lawns and enjoy magnificent views over the Solent.
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
A bus or bike trip to this petit but perfectly formed sea defence. Head up to the bowling lawn turret and aim old cannon at invading tourists as they bear down in iron clad ferries. By Bus take the Island Coaster or Route 7 bus from Newport, by bike take a tiny nibble of the Taste Round the Island Cycle Route just from Freshwater along the West Wight rail trail cycleway- a safe mostly off road route along a stunning estuary. Hire bikes from West Wight rentals in Yarmouth.
* Taste Round the Island Cycle Route page and map:
* Bus info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
* Wight Cycle Hire: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/wight-cycle-hire-p155821
- Picnic area
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Open on bank holidays
Parking & Transport
- On site parking close by
- Indoor Attraction
- No Smoking Attraction
- Outdoor Attraction
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
Bus; Southern Vectis 7 from Newport. For further bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
Ferry: Wight link 0870 582 7744 ( Lymington – Yarmouth)
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good139
- Cherriesfan99Cheltenham, United KingdomSmall, but strong, and very significant gun enplacement fortTuesday, 12th September 2023The current structure evolved from a medevail coastal castle into a significantTudor, (and later C18th) defensive gun platform. Built principally to defend the Western aproaches to England's naval... Read full review
- susieLTSouth Devon, United KingdomReally enjoyed our visit to Yarmouth Castle, Isle of Wight.Sunday, 17th September 2023Really enjoyed our visit to Yarmouth Castle, Isle of Wight. Much bigger and more to see than first appears from the outside. Really fascinating history and some dress up clothes for all the family... Read full review
- jenniferrI337EGLovely building but smaller than expectedSunday, 22nd October 20233.5/5 Worth a trip if you're an English Heritage member and in the vicinity but otherwise I wouldn't say it was worthwhile to travel to or for the entry cost. Yes it's an interesting building and the... Read full review
|Open (1 Apr 2022 - 31 Oct 2022)|
* Closed: 1st November 2021 - 31st March 2022.