|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|4D Cinema||£4.00 per ticket|
|Alum Bay Glass Demonstration||£1.00 per ticket|
|Chairlift One Way||£3.00 per ticket|
|Chairlift Return||£6.00 per ticket|
|Chairlift Unlimited Travel Wrist Band||£9.00 per ticket|
|Games Kiosk - Per Game||£2.00 per ticket|
|Jurassic Golf||£3.00 per ticket|
|Sweet Factory Demonstration||£1.00 per ticket|
|Water Peddlerz||£3.00 per ticket|
|Water Walkerz||£4.00 per ticket|
Vintage Cars, Carousel & Tea Cup Ride - Tokens and Cash Accepted.
The Marconi Monument at The Needles Landmark Attraction commemorates the spot where Guglielmo Marconi set up his revolutionary wireless equipment and sent the very first wireless transmission.
In August 1898, Queen Victoria was said to be “delighted” when Marconi, summoned to Osborne House, went on to establish radio communication between Queen Victoria at Osborne and the Prince of Wales (later Edward VII) who was onboard the Royal Yacht “Osborne”.
This location forms part of the Victoria’s Island Trail. Discover more of Queen Victoria’s beloved Isle of Wight by visiting other locations on the trail. For more information go to www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/victoriasisland
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Catering for groups
- Full liquor licence
- Outdoor eating area
- Picnic area
- Refreshments Available
- Take away food
- Vegetarians catered for
- Vending Facilities
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Children's Meals
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- All weather attraction
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Gift shop
- Groups welcome
- Licensed for alcohol
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- 9 hole golf course
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Own car park (Fee Applies) - Fee - £5
- No Smoking Attraction - Smoking permitted outside
- Some no smoking areas
- Educational Groups
- Information Point
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, follow signposts.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke, B3401, B3399 to Freshwater, follow signposts.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 towards Totland, follow signposts.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to 7 Alum Bay
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 to Newport and change to No. 7 to Alum Bay
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Alum Bay.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1122
- RMN1955Sheffield, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesMorning visit.Friday, 17th May 2019My husband and I visited on the 15th May. The care park is £5 which is reasonable for an all day stay. Cable car at £6 return was also reasonable, but I wasn’t brave enough to do it. So walked to the... Read full review
- Gitrist101Trip Type:FamilyAn entertaining stop on a trip around the IslandSaturday, 18th May 2019Aimed primarily at the younger children on a day in May it was not in full swing. However you could see the potential. Most congregated in the gift shops or the tea rooms, but it is all about... Read full review
- GraceGR2019Exeter, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGood fun!Sunday, 19th May 2019Good tourist thing to do on the Isle of Wight. Recommend taking the cable car for the amazing views! Nice beach at the bottom. Enjoyed the glass blowing and sweet making demos too. Read full review
|Opening (2 Jan 2019 - 24 Dec 2019)|
* Open from 10:00am 7 days per week, except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day (closing times vary during the year).