Bembridge is a chic sailing village on the Islands most easterly point, sprawling from a wooded harbour lined with houseboats on one side and with a steady succession of yachts coming and going. Formerly a fishing village, Bembridge is now a popular visitor destination with beaches, a church, shops and the Islands only windmill.
The Birdham en-suite bedrooms include suites and choice of doubles, with king-size beds, twins and family rooms all with tea/coffee making facilities, TV's with DVD player and alarm clocks with Ipod docking stations each individually appointed for your comfort.
You will find a warm and friendly service at the Birdham's 'freehouse' bar, which has a fine selection of wine and ales from our well stocked cellar. The beautifully appointed restaurant, looks out over the sunny patio and popular beer garden. The menu provides a tantalising choice of homemade dishes using local produce and the abundance of fresh fish from the local shores. The stylish chart room for lunches, bar meals, or evening dinner is a relaxed alternative to the restaurant.
At the end of the lounge bar there is a delightfully cosy 'snug bar' for pre-dinner drinks. At the other real log burning stove to warm you on those cold evenings.
- Disabled persons toilet
- Cater for vegetarians
- Packed lunches by arrangement - On request at a charge.
- Serve breakfast - Early Breakfast Bag to go from 7am if ordered the day before.
- Serve evening meal
- Serve lunch
- Special dietary requirements catered for
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Vegans catered for
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age) - No minimum age
- Babes in Arms
- Baby changing facilities
- Children's play area
- Available for wedding receptions
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Conference facilities
- Exclusive hire of restaurant
- Ferry discount available
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Groups accepted
- Ironing facilities
- Licensed for civil marriages
- Local Produce
- Private rooms
- Real log/coal fires
- Arrangements for riding / pony trekking - Further information available at reception.
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- In town/city centre
- No smoking
Room / Unit Features
- Baths some rooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Hairdryer all rooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Showers some rooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, 2nd exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Ryde, along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, B3330 to St Helens, B3395 to Bembridge.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde then as above.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Ryde then as above.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- AA Awards - AA Dinner Award 2020. 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Open New Year|
|Open (12 Apr 2021 - 31 Dec 2021)|
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* open 0900-2300 (varies with season)
lunches served 1200-1430
dinner served 1800-2130 (varies with season)
Food served all day during high season