|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult Show & Exhibition||£6.00 per ticket|
|Child Show & Exhibition (7-15 years)||£4.00 per ticket|
Astronomer led show 40 minutes including a trip to the ISS with Tim Peake, our own exclusive show about the life and death of stars and a live look at what's in the sky tonight on the planetarium dome.
Cost £6 an adult and £4 child 7 to 15 - paid online at least the day before the show. To book send message on website - https://www.islandastronomy.co.uk/contact.html
For over 25 years, the Island Planetarium has been taking you on a fascinating journey through time and space in our immersive ASTRODOME 360 STAR-THEATRE; stimulating your mind and imagination, taking you to places you have never been before and showing you what's in the sky tonight.
In The Robert Hooke Society Exhibition before your show, find out about this great Island scientist/inventor, born in Freshwater in 1635 and surveyor of the City of London after the Great Fire. Physicist, Astronomer, Geologist, Engineer and inventor/developer of the universal joint, and many mechanisms in daily use today.
Full details of the shows, times and prices can be found on our website. Booking is required.
Cost £6 an adult and £4 child (7 to 15 years). Booked and paid online at least the day before the show. To book send message on website - https://www.islandastronomy.co.uk/contact.html
Regular daily shows have recommenced.
Stargazing Evenings will be running in 2022 and Stargazing Weekends later in the Autumn.
- Disabled Parking
- Disabled persons toilet
- Facilities for Hearing Impaired Visitors
- Facility for service dogs
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Induction Loop System
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Picnic Site
- 1m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential - All booking must be pre-paid online by card or bank transfer. See our website www.islandastronomy.co.uk for full details.
- Capacity limit
- Clear signage
- Contactless payment only
- Face mask essential (not provided)
- Face masks required for staff in public areas
- Floors clearly marked for social distancing
- Online ordering available
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- All weather attraction
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Event Venue
- Gift shop
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
- Out of Hours Visits
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Parking (free)
- Approx length of visit
- Booking essential
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Solo accepted
- Visa accepted
- Countryside Setting
- Indoor Attraction - Limited spaces in the Planetarium dome for shows. On wet days booking is highly recommended.
- No Smoking Attraction
- Educational Groups
- Family Fun
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Open (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Oct 2022)|
* For show times and bookings please visit www.islandastronomy.co.uk - booking is essential (01983 761555), Masks will be worn,