|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|
|Adult (Standard)||£5.45 per ticket|
|Adult (with Gift Aid)||£6.00 per ticket|
|Art Fund and JMCT Friends||Free|
|Children Under 5||Free|
|Concession (Gift Aid)||£5.50 per ticket|
|Concession (Standard)||£5.00 per ticket|
|Family (Standard)||£13.50 per ticket|
|Family (with Gift Aid)||£15.00 per ticket|
|Group (10+)||£5.00 per ticket|
|Up to 16yrs||£2.50 per ticket|
Become a Friend of the Julia Margaret Cameron Trust and receive free entry to the Museum all year round. Visit our website for further informtion.
Home and workplace of the internationally acclaimed Victorian photographer Julia Margaret Cameron.
A pioneer of photography as a fine art, Julia Margaret Cameron (1815-1879) was a woman ahead of her time, renowned for her portraits of ‘famous men and fair women’, many of which were created at Dimbola. The house became of focal point for a crowd of bohemian artists, writers and poets, such as Poet Laureate Alfred Lord Tennyson, G.F. Watts and Lewis Carroll.
Visit us for:
- Year round exhibits celebrating Julia’s life and work
- Vintage cameras
- Programme of changing exhibitions
- Victorian dressing-up room
- Isle of Wight Festival displays
- FREE entry to the award-winning Tea Room and Museum Gift Shop
Lively programme of talks and events, check website for further information.
Coach parties and large groups welcome, please book in advance. Group and tour rates available.
DRIVE LESS SEE MORE EXPERIENCES:
For those getting around on a bike end the Chalk Ridge Extreme Mountain bike rides “Desolation Row section” overlooking the 1970’s festival site with a trip to pay homage to Jimi Hendrix’s statue at Dimbola lodge. This day ride follows the Chalk ridges waymark signs from Newport to Freshwater on the islands longest mountain bike route. Arrive at Dimbola the islands home of photography to see the classic photos of the 1970’s site. Hire a one way rental from Wight Cycle Hire in Yarmouth and travel back to Newport from there by bus to half the effort!
* Chalk Ridge Extreme site with map http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/bicycle-island/chalk-ridge-extreme
* Wight Cycle Hire: http://www.visitisleofwight.co.uk/things-to-do/wight-cycle-hire-p155821
* Bus Route - 12 or Needles Breezer. More Info - http://www.islandbuses.info/
- Disabled persons toilet
- Guide Dogs Permitted
- Parking Areas for Disabled Visitors
- Ramp/Level Access - Ground Floor is Accessible (Tearoom, Gift shop, Toilets), Upper Floors can be reached by stair lift. Please contact Dimbola for more accessibility information
- Wheelchair user accessible - Wheelchair provided on upper floor
- Catering for groups
- Full liquor licence
- On-Site cafe/restaurant
- Outdoor eating area
- Refreshments Available
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- All weather attraction
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Beer Garden
- Dogs Accepted
- Dogs welcome
- Gift shop
- Groups by arrangement
- Groups welcome
- Guided tours by arrangement
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Live Music
- Meeting rooms
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Special Opening for Groups by Arrangement
Parking & Transport
- Coach parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- On site parking close by
- Parking (free)
- American Express
- Diners card
- Groups Accepted
- Special group rates
- Indoor Attraction
- No smoking
- No Smoking Attraction
- Educational Groups
- Information Point
Tours and Demonstrations
- Educational Visits Accepted
- Guided Tours Available for Groups - Must be booked in advance
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3054 to Yarmouth, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 7 to Freshwater.
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport and change to No. 7 to Freshwater.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 to Freshwater.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS (Displays, exhibits, rides etc)
CAFETERIA / RESTAURANT
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Green Island Awards - Green Island Award - Silver 2008
|Open New Year|
|Winter Closure (16 Dec 2019 - 27 Mar 2020)|
|Winter Opening (29 Feb 2020 - 29 Mar 2020)|
|Summer Opening (1 Apr 2020 - 30 Sept 2020)|
* We are closed from the 16th December due to maintenance work and hope to reopen on 29th February