Wightlink is the largest ferry operator to the Isle of Wight, operating a regular round-the-clock service - three routes across the Solent:
- Portsmouth - Fishbourne (car ferry – approx. 45 minute crossing)
- Portsmouth Harbour - Ryde Pier Head (passenger FastCats – approx. 22 minute crossing)
- Lymington - Yarmouth (car ferry – approx. 40 minute crossing)
All routes are easily accessible by car, rail or by foot - more information can be found here.
10 great reasons to book with Wightlink:
1) Reliable and punctual service - 98.2% of departures across all three of their routes leave within 5 minutes of schedule.
2) Customer satisfaction - Wightlink score 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor and have been awarded Certificate of Excellence. They were also voted Family Traveller Best Family Ferry Operator for 2017.
3) Great value - there are no online booking fees and discounted rates are available when you book your tickets early.
4) Fast and frequent - the FastCats take 22 minutes and the car ferries take no more than 45 minutes to cross the Solent. A regular service is provided throughout the day.
5) Ferries for everyone - Wightlink offer additional assistance on all ferries to their customers making the crossing accessible for everyone.
6) Crossing in comfort - all ferries have relaxing lounges plus much more.
7) Easy access with great links - there are three routes from three different terminals.
8) History of exceptional service - Wightlink provided the first regular ferry service between Portsmouth and Ryde in 1796.
9) The future's green - invested in £45 million in the Portsmouth to Fishbourne route including a brand new ship which is powered by hybrid energy.
10) Part of Island life - Wightlink are passionate about supporting the local community.
For more information on these top 10 please click here.
For more information on Wightlink Ferries visit www.wightlink.co.uk
- Disabled Parking
- Wheelchair user accessible
- Refreshments Available
- Vegetarians catered for
- Vending Facilities
Children & Infants
- Baby changing
- Dogs admitted on a lead
- Groups welcome
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Toilets on Site
Parking & Transport
- Own car park (Fee Applies)
- American Express
- Diners card
- Some no smoking areas
- Educational Groups
Map & Directions
- James Tanner's Isle of Wight Food Journey
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
|Opening (1 Jan 2022 - 31 Dec 2022)|
* Please visit our website for details on opening hours.