Stay at Windmill Campersite for a unique, quirky glamping experience. The site is located within the centre of the Isle of Wight and has beautiful countryside views all around. Enjoy the wildlife on site with a horse that patrols the adjoining paddock and the chickens that lay eggs for you to try!
Discover stunning walks nearby with picturesque views of the Bowcombe valley and the clatterford streams. Local shops, pubs and one of the most popular attractions, Carisbrooke Castle are close by.
HMS Bond Submarine (sleeps 5/6) - the original submarine used in the 1999 James Bond, The World is Not Enough film. There are two double beds and a single bunk bed. It doesn't have much head room, but it has lots of character for a unique place to stay. 'The Dock' provides a canteen and washing facilities including a well-equipped kitchen, shower, toilet, eating area and doors out to the patio.
Galahad Helicopter (sleeps 2+2) - experience sleeping in an original 1965 Falklands ‘Rescue’ helicopter that has an American airstream style layout. The double bed just off the cockpit is fitted with a dome to view the stars and the moon.
The Shack (sleeps 4/5) - stay in an ex Ganges 1948 coach that has a thatched roof and a fifties kitchen. There is also a Tredle Organ to play whilst you stay.
Ellie Shepherds Hut (sleeps 2 + 2) - enjoy waking up in the hut and opening the veranda doors to countryside views. The hut has a wood burner for those cosy nights.
Hector Shepherds Hut (sleeps 2 + 2) - it maybe a bit rusty on the outside but its beautiful décor inside provides a cosy stay.
Aunt Sally Shepherds Hut (sleeps 2+2) - this hut has a Worzel Gummidge style with a bright décor inside.
Dark Knight Shepherds Hut (sleeps 2 + 2) – stay in this hut that has a black and orange theme with UV lighting! You even have your own private outside toilet!
Millie Shepherds Hut (sleeps 2) – stay in this small, cosy hut and enjoy the simple life.
Bollywood the static 1970’s Splitscreen VW Campervan (sleeps 2 + 3) – this campervan has been converted into static accommodation and alongside there is a Bollywood Hive Pod with a foam mattress. Roll the campervan roof back providing the perfect place to enjoy the stars. Bring your own pillows and sleeping bags.
VW Caravan Sarra (sleeps 2+2) – take yourself back to the 1970s and stay in this 1970 Splitscreen Campervan that also has a 1970s caravan alongside. Bring your own pillows and sleeping bags.
Percy (sleeps 2) – if you haven’t brought a car and you're on foot or bike then Percy will be perfect. No need to bring the tent, stay in Percy and just bring your sleeping bag.
Touring pitches – bring your own campervan and tent to stay on site and embrace the campsite vibe.
* Showershack – a unique experience that offers a large drench shower with toilet facilities and not forgetting the sound system, disco lights and hot air!
* Bluebell / Turdis – shower and toilet blocks with one looking a bit like a Doctor Who time machine.
* Hive Camping Pods – need more space for the kids? Purchase their very own bedroom that can be plonked by the side of a Shepherds Hut or even the Helicopter. It has a foam mattress and pillows so you just need to bring sleeping bags – sleeps 2.
* Big Bertha BBQ and Spudomatic – enjoy the ultimate BBQ complete with a potato and pizza oven. Wood, coal, firelighters and matches all provided for free.
* Off Your Trolley Bus – provides washing up and kitchen facilities as well as a dining area.
* Mrs Fire Pit – onsite firepit perfect to roast some marshmallows.
* Pigs Ballroom – silent disco area to dance the night away.
* Cinderella’s Ball – an entertainment stage for all the budding acoustic performers.
* Siloflix Cinema – enjoy watching a DVD in this ex silo unit. Popcorn and drinks are available.
* OMO – a Robin Reliant has been converted into a three wheeling laundrette. It’s a pound a time.
* Pigglett’s Superstore – the honesty shop that provides pot noodles, drinks, pizzas and even ice cream!
Please visit Windmill Campersite website for more information - www.windmillcampersite.com
- BBQs for visitors use
- Food Shop on site
- Refreshments Available
Children & Infants
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Electric hook-up points
- Ferry discount available
- Linen included - In helicopter and shepherds huts.
- Linen provided
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside
Room / Unit Features
- No smoking in unit
- Washing Machine
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry 2nd exit onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, Pyle Street, B3323 to Carisbrooke. Follow signs to Carisbrooke Castle. On reaching mini roundabout to castle, take road leading to Gatcombe , proceed for approx half mile. Look for Froglands Lane on the second bend on the right hand side. At the end of Froglands Lane is Froglands Farm.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, follow the above directions.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, follow the above directions.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2022
|Open (1 May 2022 - 30 Sept 2022)|