The Scout Hall is owned and curated by the Vintage Vacations team (the UK’s original Airstream holidays) and is part of the portfolio of unique places to stay known as ‘The Shacks’
The old Chale Scout Hall was converted in 2012 to create another unique place to stay.
Situated on Church Place, just outside the village of Chale on the south coast of the Isle of Wight in an area of ‘outstanding natural beauty’. The Scout Hall has stunning and far-reaching coastal views over to The Needles. The area is marvelous for walking …. even if just to the nearby pub!
The Scout Hall stands in it’s own private grounds with a lawned area, outside seating and a BBQ. Externally the building has been restored using traditional materials and paint colours. Internally the space has been converted to ‘upside-down’ living accommodation to make the most of those views. The four generous downstairs bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are enclosed but the rest is open-plan, revealing original details of the space. The ‘Elvis’ bedroom has a small outside terrace.
Upstairs there is a living and dining space with doors opening onto the deck (did we mention the view?) and a quirky ships-galley style kitchen with all the usual facilities. Our eclectic style of interior design throughout – using many 20th century classics and a hefty does of twee-free humour.
Private off-road parking, copious central heating , WiFi, TV, Blue tooth speaker and fresh white linens and towels all add comfort to your stay.
Homemade cake and fresh flowers will always welcome you.
The Scout Hall is ten minutes walk from The Mission (also curated by The Shacks) making them ideal to hire in tandem for a large group.
Dogs are welcome (one per group) at a surcharge of £30 per stay.
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|The Scout Hall||from £725.00 to £1,070.00 per unit per week|
** Sleeping eight from £125 per night
* High season weekly rate £1070
Children & Infants
- Accept children (Minimum age)
- Cot(s) available
- Facilities for children - Travel cots and high chairs available FOC on request
- Family Friendly, Children Welcome
- Highchair(s) available
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Linen available free of charge
- Linen provided
- Open all year round
- Welcome single sex groups, eg stag/hen parties - Welcome at certain times of the season with pleasure
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Bus stops within walking distance of some of our locations - please ask
- Car parking - All locations have car parking
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking
- Daily rates available - We offer B&B stays in our Airstreams
- Midweek breaks - Midweek breaks available
- Countryside Setting
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Radio in unit
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Telephone in unit - with the exception of Airstreams and The Shack
- Telephone some rooms
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Chale.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, town centre, Pyle Street, B3323 to Shorwell, B3399 to Chale.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to Chale.
Public Transport Directions
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
|Opening (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|