PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BOOK NOW.
Bed & breakfast in Shanklin just for adults, The Miclaran on the Isle of Wight holds a superb cliff top location with an attractive garden that backs onto the coastal path, and enjoys stunning panoramic views over Sandown Bay to Culver Cliff.
Situated in a quiet residential area, steps nearby lead down from the coastal path to Shanklin's beautiful sandy beaches below, which are sheltered and offer safe bathing plus a variety of water sports such as kayaking, sailing, and paddle boarding.
The Esplanade, and the picturesque thatched Shanklin Old Village are a 15-20 minutes walk away; with an array of tea rooms, cafes, pubs, bistros and restaurants.
If you want to explore the island without a car, cycle hire is available locally, there is also a good bus service and the local railway station is a short walk away via Lake Cliff Gardens.
The Miclaran provides comfortable, peaceful accommodation where you can relax, and unwind.
* Panoramic sea-views from all Double/Twin & King bedded rooms as well as from the lounge and breakfast room.
* A lovely landscaped garden for guests to enjoy that overlooks the sea.
* The comfortable,well presented rooms have en-suite with shower or shower over bath, and are located on the first and second floors of the property.
* Accommodation is for adults only (16 years+).
* Bedrooms have freeview flatscreen TVs, clock radios, hospitality trays and hairdryers.
* There is a varied breakfast menu using quality ingredients such as free range eggs and vine ripened tomatoes, filter coffee; a vegetarian option is available and we will cater for special dietary needs by prior arrangement.
* Free Wi-Fi.
* Free guest on site car parking.
Car ferry inclusive deals are available - please phone 01983 862726 for more information.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2020
- Very Good12
- jem7195Stanmore, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesJ MoynihanWednesday, 9th September 2020Just had a lovely stay at the Miclaran. Hosts Alan and Sue were very warm and welcoming. The rooms were spotlessly clean. The view from our room was spectacular over looking the sea. The... Read full review
- vishnuvrnLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesExcellent experienceSaturday, 26th September 2020We had an amazing stay at The Miclaran. Thanks to Alan and Sue who ensured that we had a safe and comfortable stay during this unprecedented times. I would like to summarise our experience as... Read full review
- Janis MLondon, United KingdomAn almost perfect B&BTuesday, 13th October 2020We had a twin room with a fabulous sea view. ( Room 8) The hotel was spotless and our hosts were very professional and friendly. A great breakfast to start the day! The room had everything you would... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-suite with Sea View||£41.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Sea View Double with King Bed||£43.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Single en suite||£42.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-suite Room with Sea View||£41.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Bedrooms are situated on first and second floors. Twin rooms are on the second floor.
Book online via Miclaran Website. Special Offers and discounted car ferry deals available via accommodation provider; please phone for details
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - Continental Breakfast Pack Supplied
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for - By arrangement, please let us know of your requirements
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- No children allowed - 16+ only
- Adults only
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use - With access to coastal path.
- Ironing facilities
- LGBT Friendly
- No Pets
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access - Provided free
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Sited on Sandown Road, at the end of Littlestairs Road
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking - Free
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
- MasterCard accepted - 2% surcharge applied to credit card transactions
- Special group rates - Please phone
- Visa accepted - 2% surcharge applied to credit card transactions
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
- Seafront - Uninterrupted sea views from double and twin rooms over Sandown Bay to Culver Cliff
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities
- Hairdryer available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View all rooms - All double, twin and triple rooms have panoramic sea views.
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure brick shed available for cycle storage on request
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes take the first exit and the roundabout. Follow the A3054 to Shanklin via Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Trip Advisor Travellers’ Choice award 2020
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Visit Britain We're Good to Go 2021
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Proud to be an Island Business - Isle of Wight Chamber of Commerce 2020
|Opening (10 Mar 2021 - 31 Oct 2021)|