PLEASE CLICK HERE TO BOOK NOW.
Bed & breakfast in Shanklin just for adults, The Miclaran holds a superb cliff top location adjacent to the coastal path in a quiet residential area, and enjoys stunning panoramic views over Sandown Bay to Culver Cliff.
Steps accessed nearby lead down from the coastal path to Shanklin's beautiful sandy beach below, which is sheltered and offers safe bathing plus a variety of water sports such as canoeing, sailing and surfing.
The Esplanade, Shanklin Chine, and the picturesque thatched Shanklin Old Village are just a walk away; if you are looking for somewhere to eat or drink you will be spoilt for choice with a range of tea rooms, cafes, pubs, bistros and restaurants.
The accommodation provides:
• Panoramic sea-views from all double/triple/twin rooms as well as from the lounge, breakfast room and garden.
• Comfortable, well presented rooms all ensuite with showers or shower over bath.
• Accommodation for adults only (16 years+)
• Bedrooms have free view, flat screen TVs, clock radios, hospitality trays and hairdryers.
• There is a varied breakfast menu using quality ingredients such as free range eggs and vine tomatoes; a vegetarian option is available and we will cater for special dietary needs by prior arrangement
• Free Wi-Fi throughout the house and a computer available for guest use.
• Guest on site parking
Car ferry inclusive deals and discounts given on longer stays - please phone for details.
We want you to relax, unwind and enjoy your stay here so that you recommend The Miclaran to family and friends.
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good10
- JWRenesTrip Type:CouplesTaken by surprise....Sunday, 23rd July 2017Our first visit to the Isle of Wight was prepared by surfing the Internet. The village Shanklin emerged as a top destination since it impressed us as very romantic, like traveling in a fairytale. In... Read full review
- FlowerpopsPortchester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesFabulous BreakWednesday, 19th July 2017Found The Miclaran on the internet and had good reviews so booked for our trip to the IOW. We were welcomed by Alan who showed us to our room, which had a fantastic sea view. The room was spotless... Read full review
- JourneymanXCXWotton Under EdgeTrip Type:CouplesWot a view!Tuesday, 18th July 2017We had 4 nights at The Miclaran recently and were very impressed. Alan & Sue work hard to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The sea view rooms have beautiful views, are very clean with nice... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|1 x Single en suite||from £39.00 to £44.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|1 x Twin En-suite Room with Sea View||from £39.00 to £44.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|6 x Double En-suite with Sea View||from £39.00 to £44.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
|Double/Twin Room with Sea View||from £39.00 to £44.00 per person per night (breakfast included)|
*Bedrooms are situated on first and second floors. Twin rooms are on the second floor.
Book online via Miclaran Website. Special Offers and car ferry inclusive deals available via accommodation provider; please phone for details
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
- Seafront - Uninterrupted sea views from double and twin rooms over Sandown Bay to Culver Cliff
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
Children & Infants
- No children allowed - 16+ only
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance - Sited on Sandown Road, at the end of Littlestairs Road
- Free parking
- On Site Car Parking - Free
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - Continental Breakfast Pack Supplied
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for - By arrangement, please let us know of your requirements
- Vegetarians catered for
- Cash Accepted
- MasterCard accepted - 2% surcharge applied to credit card transactions
- Special group rates - Please phone
- Visa accepted - 2% surcharge applied to credit card transactions
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Drying facilities
- Hairdryer available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View all rooms - All double, twin and triple rooms have panoramic sea views.
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Adults only
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use - With access to coastal path.
- Gay/Lesbian Friendly
- Ironing facilities
- No Pets
- Open on bank holidays
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access - Provided free
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Marketed as gay friendly
- Short breaks available
- Special provisions for cyclists - Secure brick shed available for cycle storage on request
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Group discounts available
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes take the first exit and the roundabout. Follow the A3054 to Shanklin via Ryde.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Ryde (Esplanade), straight along the Esplanade to the boating lake, follow the road round to the right onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
From Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2017
|Opening (10 Mar 2017 - 31 Oct 2017)|