Set into Bonchurch Downs on the pretty Southern side of the Isle of Wight, Paul and Cheryl welcome you to their Victorian country home with spectacular panoramic sea views.
Situated on St Boniface Downs elevated above the historical village of Bonchurch your country house retreat is ideally situated for coastal and downs walks - yet convenient for Ventnor and Shanklin.
In the cooler months [we are open all year] you can relax in front of the open log fire and enjoy a drink of wine from our well stocked cellars. Or extensive gardens a welcome point for relaxation whilst you watch the tranquil activity of the shipping on the English channel.
All rooms have recently been upgraded to a very high standard including luxury rooms for that special occasion:
• NEMO– Comfortable classic double en-suite room (Sea facing – not seaview in summer – chestnut tree in leaf).
• DOLPHIN – Ground floor Superior twin en-suite room with seaview. Spacious room with French doors to the garden.
• ATLANTIC - First floor Superior twin/double en-suite room with seaview.
• SANDCASTLE – Upper level king size four poster Superior double en-suite room with seaview.
• LIGHTHOUSE – Upper level Superior twin en-suite room. South facing windows overlooking garden (not seaview in summer – chestnut tree in leaf).
• CORAL REEF – Premium, king size double/twin en-suite room. Seaview ground floor room with reserved parking and private entrance. Luxury en-suite facilities and dressing room.
• SEA HORSE – Premium king size 4 poster suite with separate dressing room, seaview and luxury appointed en-suite bath and shower room.
• CAPTAINS BRIDGE – Deluxe king size four poster en-suite room with seaview and terrace balcony. Very large and spacious with a deluxe en-suite bath and shower room.
• ADMIRAL – Deluxe appointed twin/king size double suite with seaview and terrace balcony. Very large and spacious with separate bath/dressing room.
• BOARDWALK – Deluxe twin/super king double with two en-suites. Secluded outside sitting area and separate lounge with French doors to the garden.
Secure off road parking with level access to ground floor rooms available.
Ferry inclusive prices available please click here to view this tariff.
We thank our guests for not smoking in the house or bedrooms.
We do not have suitable accommodation for young children under 16 years.
Quality Assurance Designator = Guest Accommodation.
This accommodation does not have any available rooms
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Travelers Choice 2021
- Very Good33
- PapaSkeltsTowcester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesLovely place to stayThursday, 24th June 2021Everything from booking to the time we left was perfectly organised and handled by Paul. Breakfasts each morning Cheryl cooked were lovely. Yes covid restriction meant we had to order the night... Read full review
- GN3LincolnUkBirmingham, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesA Wonder of the Isle of WightThursday, 1st July 2021Along with all of the other reviewers who scored 5/5 for the Leconfield we had a fabulous stay in the Captains Bridge room which has to be one of the most comfortable and spacious rooms we have ever... Read full review
- juls63Selby, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesTouch of luxuryWednesday, 14th July 2021We had a very pleasant stay recently in the ground floor Boardwalk Suite at the Leconfield. The suite is unusual in that it has two bathrooms, one with a bath and one with a shower, so all very... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Classic||from £80.00 to £105.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Deluxe||from £170.00 to £220.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Premium||from £140.00 to £185.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior||from £100.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Accessible Bedrooms - 3 ground floor rooms available with car parking assistance if required.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Full liquor licence
- Serve breakfast - Served between 08.00 and 09.00
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- No children allowed
- Adults only - No Children accommodation under 18 years
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night Keys
- No Pets
- Open all year round
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Real log/coal fires
- Residents lounge open all day
- Wireless Internet Access
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Country house
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside - Situated one mile from Ventnor and 2 miles from Shanklin - elevated position on St Boniface Down with spectacular seaviews from most bedrooms and public areas/garden
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Balcony some rooms
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player some rooms
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Open Fire
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
- The Leconfield Video
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor, A3055 to Bonchurch.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor, A3055 to Bonchurch.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to Ventnor, A3055 to Bonchurch.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- 5 AA Gold Stars
- AA Awards - AA Breakfast Award 2019
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2020
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver- Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
|Open (1 Jan 2021 - 27 Dec 2021)|