Set into Bonchurch Downs on the pretty Southern side of the Isle of Wight, Paul and Cheryl welcome you to their Victorian country home with spectacular panoramic sea views.
Situated on St Boniface Downs elevated above the historical village of Bonchurch your country house retreat is ideally situated for coastal and downs walks - yet convenient for Ventnor and Shanklin.
In the cooler months [we are open all year] you can relax in front of the open log fire and enjoy a drink of wine from our well stocked cellars. Or extensive gardens a welcome point for relaxation whilst you watch the tranquil activity of the shipping on the English channel. Or why not have a dip in our heated outdoor pool [from May to September].
All rooms have recently been upgraded to a very high standard including luxury rooms for that special occasion:
• NEMO– Comfortable classic double en-suite room (Sea facing – not seaview in summer – chestnut tree in leaf).
• MERMAID – First floor, classic double en-suite room. Courtyard outlook.
• DOLPHIN – Ground floor Superior twin en-suite room with seaview. Spacious room with French doors to the garden.
• ATLANTIC - First floor Superior twin/double en-suite room with seaview.
• SANDCASTLE – Upper level king size four poster Superior double en-suite room with seaview.
• LIGHTHOUSE – Upper level Superior twin en-suite room. South facing windows overlooking garden (not seaview in summer – chestnut tree in leaf).
• CORAL REEF – Premium, king size double/twin en-suite room. Seaview ground floor room with reserved parking and private entrance. Luxury en-suite facilities and dressing room.
• SEA HORSE – Premium king size 4 poster suite with separate dressing room, seaview and luxury appointed en-suite bath and shower room.
• CAPTAINS BRIDGE – Deluxe king size four poster en-suite room with seaview and terrace balcony. Very large and spacious with a deluxe en-suite bath and shower room.
• ADMIRAL – Deluxe appointed twin/king size double suite with seaview and terrace balcony. Very large and spacious with separate bath/dressing room.
• BOARDWALK – Deluxe twin/super king double with two en-suites. Secluded outside sitting area and separate lounge with French doors to the garden and pool area.
Secure off road parking with level access to ground floor rooms available.
Ferry inclusive prices available please click here to view this tariff.
We thank our guests for not smoking in the house or bedrooms.
We do not have suitable accommodation for young children under 16 years.
Quality Assurance Designator = Guest Accommodation.
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good25
- MachinClanRochester, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawaySuperb can't fault itSaturday, 16th June 2018Paul made us feel very welcome from the start. Accommodation was 100%, Breakfast was exceptional he and his team deserved all the awards that they have earnt. Surroundings were fab. View was brill on... Read full review
- Beano47Co Durham-UKTrip Type:CouplesTruly Delightful!Saturday, 9th June 2018Charming hotel, beautifully decorated, delightful situation, helpful friendly staff. Our room had French windows opening onto a sunny patio by the lawn and small but immaculately maintained... Read full review
- ballycastleOldhamTrip Type:CouplesLovely hotelMonday, 28th May 2018We recently stayed for four nights at the Leconfield and would highly recommend it.Although slightly out of the way outside Ventnor, there is an excellent bus service with a stop right outside the... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|B&B Admiral - D'ble/Twin/Seaview||from £140.00 to £200.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B Atlantic - Superior D'ble/Twin/Seaview||from £80.00 to £120.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B Boardwalk - Deluxe suite with lounge D'ble/Twin/Seaview||from £140.00 to £200.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B Captains Bridge - Deluxe Fourposter D'ble/Seaview||from £140.00 to £200.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B Coral Reef - Premium D'ble/Twin/Garden view||from £120.00 to £160.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B Dolphin - Superior D'ble/Twin/Seaview||from £80.00 to £120.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B LightHouse - Superior D'ble/Twin||from £80.00 to £120.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B Mermaid - Classic Double En-suite||from £70.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B Nemo - Classic Double En-suite/Garden view||from £70.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B SandCastle - Superio D'ble/Four Poster/Seaview||from £80.00 to £120.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|B&B Sea Horse - Premium D'ble/Four Poster/Seaview||from £120.00 to £160.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Country house
- Countryside Setting
- In countryside - Situated one mile from Ventnor and 2 miles from Shanklin - elevated position on St Boniface Down with spectacular seaviews from most bedrooms and public areas/garden
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
- Accessible Bedrooms - 3 ground floor rooms available with car parking assistance if required.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
Children & Infants
- No children allowed
Parking & Transport
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- Railway station within 5 miles
- Secure cycle parking
- Outdoor heated pool
- Outdoor pool - May to September [weather permitting]
- Cater for vegetarians
- Full liquor licence
- Restaurant - Must be pre-booked Dinner served at 7.00pm with pre-dinner drinks served in the lounges or garden.
- Serve breakfast - Served between 08.00 and 09.00
- Serve evening meal - Must be pre-booked and served at 7.00pm
- Serve Evening Meal
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Vegetarians catered for
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Balcony some rooms
- Baths some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player some rooms
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Ground Floor Room(s)
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Open Fire
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio all rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Adults only - No Children accommodation under 18 years
- Beach/Coast 20 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Garden / Grounds for visitors use
- Garden/patio for guests' use
- Ironing facilities
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night Keys
- No Pets
- Open all year round
- Open New Year
- Patio/Terrace for guests use
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Real log/coal fires
- Residents lounge open all day
- Wireless Internet Access
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
- The Leconfield Video
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, From East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, A3021, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor, A3055 to Bonchurch.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, at Whiteley Bank turn right for B3327 to Ventnor, A3055 to Bonchurch.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Totland, A3055 to Freshwater, A3055 to Ventnor, A3055 to Bonchurch.
Public Transport Directions
From West Cowes Red Jet Hi-speed ferry: No.1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 3 or 6
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 3 or 6
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 Newport and change to 3 or 6
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- 5 Visit England Stars
- 5 AA Gold Stars
- AA Awards - AA Breakfast Award 2017
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
|Open New Year|
|Opening (1 Jan 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|