Book directly with us www.the-caledon.co.uk for an extra 5% discount - use promo code VIOW5
We offer the perfect mix of a friendly, welcoming bed and breakfast with the spacious, non intrusive feel of a small hotel
Our lovely old guest house has a modern feel, with original floorboards, high ceilings and lots of Victorian features. All our bedrooms are recently refurbished in our modern, relaxed style; we want you to feel at home here.
The B&B is in a great location, five minutes walk up the hill from the bustling centre of Cowes with its pretty high street with individual shops, great restaurants, lively pubs, ferry links to Southampton and of course the yacht haven, sailing clubs and marinas for which Cowes is so well known.
We pride ourselves on our warm welcome and fab Caledon breakfasts; all freshly cooked to order using our wonderful Isle of Wight produce wherever possible.
There is free 17Mb broadband Wi-Fi throughout the B&B.
Book online via our own website for the lowest price guaranteed - www.the-caledon.co.uk
- Arrival Date:
- Thur , 19th Sept 2019
- Departure Date:
- Fri , 20th Sept 2019
- No. of Nights:
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Very Good44
- Emma HLondon, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayGood place to rest your head, convenient location for Shepard’s wharfMonday, 8th July 2019Stayed here with a friend after the round the island race and had an easy check in via the key safe as we arrived after hours. Room was well appointed, bed linen could have been better (white... Read full review
- davehO9702DDLeigh-on Sea, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesWonderful restTuesday, 23rd July 2019My wife and I enjoyed another wonderful stay at Caledon Guest House. Mark and Andrea made us so welcome again, room 1. had amazing views of the Solent and very comfortable. Marks “stack” breakfast... Read full review
- Laura JTrip Type:Friends getawayLovely weekend!Thursday, 22nd August 2019I stayed here with a friend last weekend and had a wonderful stay! The owners were so polite and kind and attend to your every need! A well equipped hotel with great breakfast. Clean and well... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double (En-Suite)||from £79.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family (En-Suite)||from £95.00 to £125.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin (En-Suite)||from £64.00 to £119.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Please check the website for late availability discounts. We do normally have a 2 night minimum stay on weekends but do ask just in case we can help.
Use promo code VIOW5 for an extra 5% discount on our own website www.the-caledon.co.uk
- Bar - We have an honesty bar downstairs that is available until 10pm each day as well as a few drinks in your room.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - We start breakfast from 0700 during the week and 0730 on weekends.
- Serve breakfast - We love our Isle of Wight produce and are very excited indeed to serve you with the best that the Island has to offer. All our ingredients are delivered fresh to us directly from the farms on which the animals graze and the food grows. What could be bett
- Vegans catered for - We make our own Vegan Sausages as well as serving Isle of Wight Tomatoes, Mushrooms.
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- No children allowed - Children over the age of 6 are welcome at The Caledon
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - We are about a 15 min walk from Cowes beach
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Ironing facilities - We have an iron and ironing board available, just ask and we'll set it up for you.
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night Keys - Everyone gets their own room key as well as a front door key.
- No Pets
- Number of Shared Bathrooms
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking - We have space on our driveway for up to 4 cars on a first come first served basis.
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- In town/city centre - he Caledon is in a great location, five minutes walk up the hill from the bustling centre of Cowes with its pretty high street with individual shops, great restaurants, lively pubs, ferry links to Southampton and the yacht haven, sailing clubs and marinas
- No smoking
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All of our rooms are Non Smoking
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, turn right onto York Avenue and straight onto ferry road to the floating bridge to West Cowes.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to West Cowes.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to West Cowes.
Public Transport Directions
From Ryde Catamaran/Hovertravel: No. 9 bus route to Newport and change to No. 1 to West Cowes.
From Yarmouth ferry: No. 7 bus route to Newport and change to No. 1 to West Cowes.
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Accommodation Opening (1 Jan 2019 - 24 Dec 2019)|