Book directly online for the best prices and availability
We offer the perfect mix of a friendly, welcoming bed and breakfast with the spacious, non intrusive feel of a small hotel
Our lovely old guest house has a modern feel, with original floorboards, high ceilings and lots of Victorian features. All our bedrooms are recently refurbished in our modern, relaxed style; we want you to feel at home here.
The B&B is in a great location, five minutes walk up the hill from the bustling centre of Cowes with its pretty high street with individual shops, great restaurants, lively pubs, ferry links to Southampton and of course the yacht haven, sailing clubs and marinas for which Cowes is so well known.
We pride ourselves on our warm welcome and fab Caledon breakfasts; all freshly cooked to order using our wonderful Isle of Wight produce wherever possible. Our dining room is socially distanced or you can have breakfast delivered to your room.
There is free fast Wi-Fi throughout the B&B.
Book online via our own website for the lowest price guaranteed - the-caledon.co.uk
- Arrival Date:
- Mon , 4th July 2022
- Departure Date:
- Tues , 5th July 2022
- No. of Nights:
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good47
- 763barrynTrip Type:BusinessGreat B&BFriday, 10th June 2022Had a one night stay at the Caledon and it was super efficient! Zero hassle and really well organised. Very impressed and will stay again. Booking, breakfast and even room extras all on line or QR... Read full review
- 802franhBelieve the reviews!Saturday, 18th June 2022Had a fabulous week at the Caledon. The location was great for exploring on foot and by bike, and access to other parts of the Island by car. The room was large, airy and well-equipped, check in was... Read full review
- Miawatson1972Trip Type:FamilyIOW FESTIVAL ACCOMMODATIONTuesday, 21st June 2022myself and hubby stayed at this lovely b&b for our stay whilst attending the annual festival on the island. This accommodation is 5 mins from the red funnel port and town. The house is... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double (En-Suite)||from £100.00 to £135.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Family (En-Suite)||from £135.00 to £155.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|King (En-Suite) with Sea Views||from £110.00 to £160.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin (En-Suite)||from £100.00 to £130.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Please check the website for late availability discounts. We do normally have a 2 night minimum stay on weekends but do ask just in case we can help.
Use promo code VIOW5 for an extra 5% discount on our own website www.the-caledon.co.uk
- Bar - We have an honesty bar downstairs that is available until 10pm each day as well as a few drinks in your room.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available - We start breakfast from 0700 during the week and 0730 on weekends.
- Serve breakfast - We love our Isle of Wight produce and are very excited indeed to serve you with the best that the Island has to offer. All our ingredients are delivered fresh to us directly from the farms on which the animals graze and the food grows. What could be bett
- Vegans catered for - We make our own Vegan Sausages as well as serving Isle of Wight Tomatoes, Mushrooms.
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- No children allowed - Children over the age of 6 are welcome at The Caledon
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment only
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Individually wrapped toiletries
- Open now
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Socially distanced spaced seating
- Virtual menus
- Beach / Coast within walking distance - We are about a 15 min walk from Cowes beach
- Central heating throughout
- Children aged 12yrs+ welcome
- Ferry discount available
- Ironing facilities - We have an iron and ironing board available, just ask and we'll set it up for you.
- LGBT Friendly
- Licensed for alcohol
- Night Keys - Everyone gets their own room key as well as a front door key.
- No Pets
- Number of Shared Bathrooms
- Open all year round
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Separate guests' lounge
- Wireless Internet Access
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking - We have space on our driveway for up to 4 cars on a first come first served basis.
- Cash Accepted
- Delta accepted
- Diners card
- Diners Club accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- In town/city centre - he Caledon is in a great location, five minutes walk up the hill from the bustling centre of Cowes with its pretty high street with individual shops, great restaurants, lively pubs, ferry links to Southampton and the yacht haven, sailing clubs and marinas
- No smoking
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- CD Player in all bedrooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Non smoking rooms available - All of our rooms are Non Smoking
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
- Baggage Storage
- Cyclists welcome
- Walkers Welcome
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, second exit at roundabout onto Well Road, turn right onto York Avenue and straight onto ferry road to the floating bridge to West Cowes.
From Fishbourne ferry, B3339 (Fishbourne lane), A3054 to Newport, A3020 to West Cowes.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to West Cowes.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Gold - Visit Isle Of Wight - 2020/21 2020
- Regional and Miscellaneous - WTTC Safe Travels 2021
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Cyclists Welcome - Wheel of Approval 2022
|Accommodation Opening (1 Jan 2022 - 24 Dec 2022)|