A warm welcome awaits from Bill and Jackie Barford at their adults only, clean and comfortable guest house, quietly situated in the picturesque Shanklin Old Village. Only a short ten minute stroll down to the beach where you can relax, have a meal or if you are feeling energetic have a game of mini golf. Also close by is Shanklin Chine, the local town or enjoy one of the many great shows at the Theatre.
All rooms are tastefully furnished with en-suite facilities, colour TV, beverage tray, hair dryer, radio alarm clock, central heating and fans. Fan heaters are also supplied in the winter. All rooms have the benefit of softened water. There is an iron and ironing board supplied for guests use. We also have two luxury king size rooms for that extra special treat - one with a four poster bed and double shower and one with a whirlpool bath and separate shower.
Please feel free to contact us with any special requests and we will do our best to cater for your needs.
There is a guest lounge available all day and a spacious dining room where breakfast is served. Breakfast consists of a self-service buffet table for cereals, fruit and juices, followed by a freshly cooked full English breakfast.
There is ample off-road car parking available for guests, and ferries can be booked for you.
Please note that single supplements may be applied during April-September.
Ferry inclusive prices are available on request.
* Hotels Combined Award - Recognition of Excellence - 9.9 rated by guests - 2018.
* Booking.com Award - Guest Review Awards - 9.7 out of 10 - 2018
- Certificate of Excellence 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- AnnieWindsorWindsorTrip Type:CouplesAnother wonderful stay at the BirkdaleFriday, 14th September 2018We love this place! Bill and Jackie are so friendly and welcoming. Nothing is to much trouble. The rooms are comfy and spotlessly clean. We slept so well during our stay! The breakfasts are... Read full review
- MrsLPIpIver Heath, United KingdomTrip Type:Friends getawayHighly recommendedSunday, 21st October 2018Cannot fault Birkdale B&B. Bill & Jackie are superb hosts and very accommodating. Parking, location, cleanliness, comfort, all amenities incl free wifi plus hearty breakfast were totally superb. The... Read full review
- Sylvia20042016Sheerness, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyEverything brilliantFriday, 16th November 2018We stayed for 4 nights at the beginning of October there were 4 of us and we had a great time. The breakfasts were absolutely brilliant the rooms were clean and the beds extremely comfortable. The... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-Suite||from £70.00 to £80.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double En-Suite Whirlpool||from £80.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Four Poster Double En-Suite||from £78.00 to £86.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-Suite||from £70.00 to £80.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Accessible Bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
Children & Infants
- No children allowed
- Adults only
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Night Keys
- No Pets
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge - Residents lounge available.
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Golf Course close by
- Spa Bath - In one room.
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
- Diners Club accepted - International
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Baths some rooms
- CD player some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD Player some rooms
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Satellite TV all rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Spa bath some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Video some rooms
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, within Shanklin "the old village" turn right by the Rock Shop.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport as above.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, along Esplanade, follow road (A3055 to Sandown), A3055 to Shanklin, within Shanklin "the old village" turn right by Rock Shop.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 AA Stars Guest Accommodation
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit England Awards - Annual Silver 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver- Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Closed (1 Jan 2019 - 28 Feb 2019)|
|Opening (1 Mar 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|