A warm welcome awaits from Bill and Jackie Barford at their adults only, clean and comfortable guest house, quietly situated in the picturesque Shanklin Old Village. Only a short stroll from the beach, Shanklin Chine, Theatre and town. For B&B guests there are a wide variety of restaurants and pubs within walking distance.
All rooms are tastefully furnished with en-suite facilities, colour TV, beverage tray, hair dryer, radio alarm clock and central heating. Fan heaters are also supplied in the winter. All rooms have the benefit of softened water. There is an iron and ironing board supplied for guests use. We also have two luxury king size rooms for that extra special treat - one with a four poster bed and double shower and one with a whirlpool bath.
Please feel free to contact us with any special requests and we will do our best to cater for your needs.
There is a guest lounge available all day and a spacious dining room where breakfast is served. Breakfast consists of a self-service buffet table for cereals, fruit and juices, followed by a freshly cooked full English breakfast.
There is ample off-road car parking available for guests, and ferries can be booked for you.
Please note that single supplements may be applied during April-September.
Ferry inclusive prices are available on request.
- Certificate of Excellence 2017
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- Lynn STrip Type:CouplesFantastic B & BTuesday, 3rd October 2017Lovely B & B, the bedroom was lovely, clean and nice décor, Jackie & Bill were excellent hosts and breakfast was great, especially the black pudding. Very close to the old village, restaurants and... Read full review
- _ninaerogers41Oldbury, United KingdomTrip Type:FamilyExcellent in every wayMonday, 2nd October 2017Everything in this peaceful, quiet B and B has been thought through carefully and everything works for the guests convenience. It is immaculate, spacious and convenient. Being able to walk into old... Read full review
- Vivienne BManchester, United KingdomTrip Type:CouplesGreat B&BSaturday, 30th September 2017Lovely B&B and a warm welcome from Jackie and Bill when we arrived. The bedroom was large and always clean. The breakfast was very good with a selection of fresh fruit and homemade jams and good... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-Suite||from £60.00 to £72.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double En-Suite Whirlpool||from £67.00 to £78.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Four Poster Double En-Suite||from £67.00 to £78.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-Suite||from £60.00 to £72.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
- Accessible Bedrooms
Children & Infants
- No children allowed
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Golf Course close by
- Spa Bath - In one room.
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
- Cash Accepted
- Diners Club accepted - International
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
Room / Unit Features
- Baths some rooms
- CD player some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD Player some rooms
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Satellite TV all rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Spa bath some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Video some rooms
- Adults only
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Night Keys
- No Pets
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge - Residents lounge available.
- Wireless Internet Access
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, within Shanklin "the old village" turn right by the Rock Shop.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport as above.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, along Esplanade, follow road (A3055 to Sandown), A3055 to Shanklin, within Shanklin "the old village" turn right by Rock Shop.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 AA Stars Guest Accommodation
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit England Awards - Annual Silver 2014
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Inclusive Accommodation Available 2018
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Travel Ambassador Green Star Award 2017
|Opening (1 Mar 2018 - 31 Dec 2018)|
|Closed (1 Jan 2019 - 28 Feb 2019)|