A warm welcome awaits from Bill and Jackie Barford at their adults only, clean and comfortable guest house, quietly situated in the picturesque Shanklin Old Village. Only a short ten minute stroll down to the beach where you can relax, have a meal or if you are feeling energetic have a game of mini golf. Also close by is Shanklin Chine, the local town or enjoy one of the many great shows at the Theatre.
All rooms are tastefully furnished with en-suite facilities, colour TV, beverage tray, hair dryer, radio alarm clock, central heating and fans. Fan heaters are also supplied in the winter. All rooms have the benefit of softened water. There is an iron and ironing board supplied for guests use. We also have two luxury king size rooms for that extra special treat - one with a four poster bed and double shower and one with a whirlpool bath and separate shower.
Please feel free to contact us with any special requests and we will do our best to cater for your needs.
There is a guest lounge available all day and a spacious dining room where breakfast is served. Breakfast consists of a self-service buffet table for cereals, fruit and juices, followed by a freshly cooked full English breakfast.
There is ample off-road car parking available for guests, and ferries can be booked for you.
Please note that single supplements may be applied during April-September.
Ferry inclusive prices are available on request.
* Hotels Combined Award - Recognition of Excellence - 9.9 rated by guests - 2018.
* Booking.com Award - Guest Review Awards - 9.7 out of 10 - 2018
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good7
- mysterybuffmemphisTrip Type:CouplesPerfect Accommodation on Idle of Wight!Saturday, 10th August 2019Birkdale Guest House was a brilliant choice for us! It is everything you hope for in a guest house: spotlessly clean, comfortable bedroom and huge en-suite bathroom, delicious breakfast, and, best... Read full review
- 2016-visitorBCHong Kong, ChinaWonderful stay at BirkdaleTuesday, 13th August 2019My husband and I and two adult children stayed at Birkdale for 3 nights at the end of July and had a wonderful time. Jackie was so helpful and accommodating from allowing us to check in early and... Read full review
- Sarah DA truly lovely guest house on the Isle of WightFriday, 4th October 2019This guest house in Shanklin is the best guest house I have ever stayed. Our rooms were immaculate as well as being comfortable and quiet. The breakfasts offer very good variety and set us up... Read full review
- Number of Rooms / Units
|Room / Unit Type||Room / Unit Tariff*|
|Double En-Suite||from £70.00 to £80.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Double En-Suite Whirlpool||from £80.00 to £90.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Superior Four Poster Double En-Suite||from £78.00 to £86.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
|Twin En-Suite||from £70.00 to £80.00 per room per night (breakfast included)|
*Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.
- Accessible Bedrooms
- Cater for vegetarians
- Early breakfast available
- Serve breakfast
- Special diets catered for
- Vegans catered for
Children & Infants
- No children allowed
- Adults only
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry inclusive/ferries can be arranged
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities
- Night Keys
- No Pets
- No smoking in dining area
- Open all year round
- Open Christmas
- Open New Year
- Open on bank holidays
- Prior Booking Recommended
- Residents lounge open all day
- Separate guests' lounge - Residents lounge available.
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance
- Golf Course close by
- Spa Bath - In one room.
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Secure cycle parking
- Cash Accepted
- Diners Club accepted - International
- JCB accepted
- Maestro Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- Baths some rooms
- CD player some rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- Digital TV All Rooms
- DVD Player some rooms
- Four poster bed some rooms
- Four poster beds available
- Ground floor bedrooms available
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- King sized bed some rooms
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Radio in all bedrooms
- Satellite TV all rooms
- Shaver Point/s
- Showers all rooms
- Spa bath some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms
- Video some rooms
- Baggage delivery for walkers
- Cyclists welcome
- Short breaks available
- Walkers Welcome
Map & Directions
Road DirectionsFrom East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin, within Shanklin "the old village" turn right by the Rock Shop.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport as above.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, along Esplanade, follow road (A3055 to Sandown), A3055 to Shanklin, within Shanklin "the old village" turn right by Rock Shop.
Public Transport DirectionsFrom Ryde: please either visit the train station annexed to the Catamaran or travel on the No. 2 or 3 bus route
From West Cowes: No. 1 bus route to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
From Yarmouth: No. 7 to Newport and change to No. 2 or 3
For further bus information please contact Southern Vectis at www.islandbuses.info/ or +44 0871 200 2233 (bus times) / +44 01983 827000 (head office).
RESTAURANT / BREAKFAST / DINING ROOM
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
- 4 AA Stars Guest Accommodation
- 4 Visit England Stars Guest House
- Visit England Awards - Annual Silver 2018
- Regional and Miscellaneous - Ferry Discount Available 2019
- Visit Isle of Wight Award Green Star - Silver- Visit Isle Of Wight - 2019/20 2019
|Opening (1 Mar 2019 - 31 Dec 2019)|
|Closed (1 Jan 2020 - 28 Feb 2020)|