Situated in an amazing elevated position just above the thatched roofs of the picturesque famous old village of Shanklin. The Fernbank nestles at the foot of St Martins Down, surrounded by old stone walls and Victorian villas. All just a stones throw from the beach and a great selection of eateries, Shanklin Old Village has to offer one of the most beautiful locations on the Isle of Wight.
The Fernbank is an intimate bed and breakfast retreat for adults only. All of our bedrooms are en-suite, well equipped with comfortable furnishings. Our generous continental style breakfast basket is brought to your bedroom, offering a good choice using much local produce and is served with bread and croissants freshly baked in our kitchens.
The Fernbank has been extensively refurbished and now offers classic country house style accommodation in which to relax and unwind and discover the beautiful Isle of Wight. Whether it is a short break or a holiday make the Fernbank your second home. We offer our guests off-road parking on the premises.
Single rooms - from £60 per night.
* Small double room - from £92 per night.
* Double/twin room - from £98 per night.
* King size/Superior rooms - from £102 per night.
** All inclusive of breakfast.
- No dogs (Guide dogs accepted)
- Ramp / Level Access
- Early breakfast available - Breakfast is continental style. We can make arrangements to deliver your breakfast hamper at an earlier time, or provide a packed breakfast for very early starts.
- Serve breakfast - A generous Continental style breakfast basket will be delivered to your room every morning. There is a range of items available, including local produce and freshly baked bread and croissants.
- Special diets catered for - Please advise on your booking, we will try our utmost to cater for your needs.
- Vegetarians catered for
Children & Infants
- No children allowed
- 1m distancing in place
- Advance booking essential
- All linens sanitized in high-temperature wash
- Clear signage
- Contactless check-in
- Contactless check-out
- Contactless payment only
- Contactless payment possible
- COVID-19 measures in place
- COVID-19 risk assessment completed
- COVID-19 staff training completed
- Deep cleaning between visitors
- Hand sanitizer available to visitors & staff
- Online booking possible
- Staff required to regularly wash hands
- Adults only
- Beach / Coast within walking distance
- Beach/Coast 5 min walking distance
- Central heating throughout
- Ferry discount available - Please note on your online booking that you would like a price for Wightlink ferries, together with your preferred departure points and times. Nothing will be booking before obtaining your approval.
- Groups welcome
- Ironing facilities - Irons and ironing boards can be requested from our staff.
- Licensed for alcohol - Wine or Champagne can be provided by prior arrangement.
- Night Keys
- No Pets - Guide dogs accepted.
- Number of Bathrooms - All bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms or shower rooms. No shared facilities.
- Open on bank holidays - Open on bank holidays during season.
- Wireless Internet Access
- Eating Out Within Walking Distance - The Fernbank is located within minutes walk of many lovely restaurants and public houses.
Parking & Transport
- Bus stop within walking distance
- Car parking
- Free parking
- Off-road parking
- On Site Car Parking
- On site parking
- Railway station within walking distance
- Cash Accepted
- MasterCard accepted
- Visa accepted
- Country house - The Fernbank is located on the edge of the countryside, but within minutes walk of the village. There are lots of lovely walks in very close proximity.
- No smoking
- Non smoking establishment
Room / Unit Features
- All rooms non-smoking
- Baths some rooms
- Black out facilities some rooms
- Colour Television all rooms
- Colour television in all bedrooms
- DVD Player in all bedrooms
- Hairdryer all rooms
- Hairdryer in all bedrooms
- Internet access all rooms
- Non smoking rooms available
- Queen sized beds some rooms
- Sea View some rooms
- Showers some rooms
- Tea & coffee making facilities in all bedrooms - All rooms have tea and coffee facilities, together with a welcome assortment box of biscuits. Fresh milk is provided daily.
- Tea and coffee making all rooms
Travel & Trade
- Wi-fi available
Map & Directions
From East Cowes ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
From Fishbourne ferry, A3054 to Ryde, straight along Esplanade to boating lake, follow road round onto A3055 to Sandown, A3055 to Shanklin.
From Yarmouth ferry, A3054 to Newport, A3020 to Sandown, A3020 to Shanklin.
Public Transport Directions
For bus information please visit the Southern Vectis website - www.islandbuses.info/
ACCESS TO PUBLIC AREAS
BEDROOMS AND BATHROOMS: GENERAL
This information is self-assessed; therefore we accept no liability for its accuracy. Please contact the venue for further information.
|Open (1 Apr 2022 - 31 Oct 2022)|
* Closed November - March